Cowon Plenue D
Jul 7, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #3,016 of 4,949
  Ok got it. Will give it a go. Thanks for your help

cheers! 
beerchug.gif

Jul 7, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #3,017 of 4,949
Is this player buggy at all?

Not very. But it does seem to struggle once a larger number of tracks are added. Mine choked on a full 128GB card until the latest 1.13 firmware update. I believe there's about 4500 songs on it.

Jul 7, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #3,018 of 4,949
Hi clee290

Thanks for coming back - to clarify:

I have assumed that the new tracks caused the problem, this may not be true.  So I deleted them to see if somehow the problem might be related to a memory issue related to them.  But this might be a red herring. 

The problem exists now the new tracks have been deleted.  To make the problem more clear:

1.I hard reboot (- and + volume) 
2.The reboot happens
3.Returns me to the track list
4.Can use the menu to navigate to settings, tools etc, and to artists and albums
5.When I click a track the player shows the play screen with the track listed, the pause button appears suggesting it is playing, but the unit is now frozen and the seconds counter at 0

As I mentioned before the only thing I could think of is updating the firmware to see if that cleared things, but this did't work.

Apologies, my prior post lacked enough detail, appreciate any thoughts on this

Cheers

May be an issue with overall number of tracks? How big is the card and how many tracks?

Jul 7, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #3,021 of 4,949
IMHO that is depend on player you have in your iPhone. With basic preset player is D better. With some like Kaisertone is gap between them nearly none.

Hi mrazik!

Vitor and I did a bunch of blind tests with his Plenue D and my iPhone 6s Plus, using the same tracks on both (that we are used listening to), 320kbps and we could not once identify which player was playing. They are virtually indistinguishable.

The iPhone player used was the Apple Music player.

Earphones used were JH Audio JH5 and Fischer Amps FA-3E.

Jul 7, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #3,022 of 4,949
  Should I format the internal memory using fat32 or exfat?

FAT32 file system with an allocation unitsize of 32 KB.

Jul 7, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #3,023 of 4,949
  Hi

I just got my Cowon Plenue D and I am experiencing issues.

The problem I face is that I am hearing very audible pops and clicks (only on the left channel) on almost all of my mp3 songs when I am playing them. This happens almost continuously throughout the song,

The weird thing is that this only happens when the display screen is off. When the display is on, there are no pops nor clicks
Everything is fine when the display is on but if I turn off the display..then I hear those annoying clicks and pops again.

The problem exist when I was using firmware 1.10 as well as the current 1.13. The problem is also still there when using the SD card. I had also turned off BBE and EQ..still the same problem. I had scanned my files using Mp3val and everything is fine.

I'm going out off my mind. Any help is much appreciated.

I created a topic dedicated to this problem: http://www.head-fi.org/t/812142/cowon-plenue-d-problem-noise-during-the-exchange-of-track

Post it your case and the solution if you can please.

Jul 7, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #3,025 of 4,949
Jul 7, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #3,030 of 4,949
By any chance any of you owned or still has the Fiio X3 (1st Ed)? Can you do a quick SQ comparison please?

i tried the fiio x3 1st gen b4. the sq is on par i would say but cowon gives me the slight edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back