Cowon Plenue D
Jul 6, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #3,003 of 4,949
I see there's a good deal on it in Amazon and I was thinking of getting one

That's where I got mine. You can't hate this device really. It's super portable, amazing battery life, easy to use. I don't think anything else exists as small and as loaded with features as the D. It definitely beats my Ipod classic in sound and EQ wise if you like to play with EQ. 

Jul 6, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #3,004 of 4,949
  Has anyone do a comparison Plenue D / iPhone ?

They are very similar. I did blind test with the iPhone 6S Plus. Obs: Both without equalization.

Jul 6, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #3,005 of 4,949
Album Art

If you are having issues displaying album art read what I found fixed my issues with the D. I re-ripped all my music into .FLAC and in doing so some artwork was cut off at the top and bottom and some were not displaying. What I finally did was resize the artwork to 1400x1400, as I also use the same music database on my P1 so it may not be needed that big for the D but I am not willing to resize them all again for both. If you want to resize to a different size you can but to eliminate any cut off on the sides or top make sure it's a square format like 800x800, 900x900 etc. I think on the D 900x900 should work. Once I got them all resized and no more cut off issues of the artwork, the only issue I kept coming across what the album art still didn't display in the matrix browser. I would delete the folder with the music and then it would work sometimes. Sometimes it would not. That was making me crazy. 

I would do a data base update over and over thinking it would or should read the new art but it won't. 

Solution: Connect the D to your PC and browse the folder: Plenue (X:) whatever drive that is on your drive. Go to System and then go to MusicDB. This contains all the artwork the system stores. Delete all the files in this folder. Disconnect the D and turn it back on. 

The system will recreate the artwork and they will display again as the new sized image. Took a while to figure this out but that was the trick!

Hope that helps.

Jul 6, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #3,007 of 4,949
Depends on your point of reference. I find the D fairly bug free, but I often dwell in the land of Ibasso, AK, Colorfly where the interface can be spartan and buggy.  
ibasso and colorfly yes. Ak not so imo

Jul 7, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #3,008 of 4,949
Hi

I just got my Cowon Plenue D and I am experiencing issues.

The problem I face is that I am hearing very audible pops and clicks (only on the left channel) on almost all of my mp3 songs when I am playing them. This happens almost continuously throughout the song,

The weird thing is that this only happens when the display screen is off. When the display is on, there are no pops nor clicks
Everything is fine when the display is on but if I turn off the display..then I hear those annoying clicks and pops again.

The problem exist when I was using firmware 1.10 as well as the current 1.13. The problem is also still there when using the SD card. I had also turned off BBE and EQ..still the same problem. I had scanned my files using Mp3val and everything is fine.

I'm going out off my mind. Any help is much appreciated.

Jul 7, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #3,009 of 4,949
  Hi

I just got my Cowon Plenue D and I am experiencing issues.

The problem I face is that I am hearing very audible pops and clicks (only on the left channel) on almost all of my mp3 songs when I am playing them. This happens almost continuously throughout the song,

The weird thing is that this only happens when the display screen is off. When the display is on, there are no pops nor clicks
Everything is fine when the display is on but if I turn off the display..then I hear those annoying clicks and pops again.

The problem exist when I was using firmware 1.10 as well as the current 1.13. The problem is also still there when using the SD card. I had also turned off BBE and EQ..still the same problem. I had scanned my files using Mp3val and everything is fine.

I'm going out off my mind. Any help is much appreciated.

factory reset your pd and try again

Jul 7, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #3,011 of 4,949
  If factory reset means pressing both vol buttons together for 5 secs, then I've already done that but to no avail. Problem still there.

Thks for the reply anyway

connect your pd to your computer right click and press format. i formatted mine quite a number of times

Users who are viewing this thread

Back