Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Feb 15, 2011 at 2:04 AM Post #1,396 of 3,200
for how long do you have it, kingce?.... it;s normal if it;s at it;s first charges, and you have high brightness, and play on it all day.....

the spec 64 hours are if you let it on shuffle, with no lights on screen, no eq, and volume 20....

but not at it;s first charges!....

Feb 15, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #1,397 of 3,200
OK, I have charged it twice already...my first charge lasted only for 1 day (10 hrs playtime).

I played Lossless WAV Files (already used up 50% of the 32GB Memory); not on shuffle, but on manual selection of albums so every time and then I selected my songs, using the side keys, also I was tweeking EQ for best SQ.

Is this normal? Or maybe because of the WAV file-type played? 64 hrs is alotted maybe for MP3 files only?

Feb 15, 2011 at 4:38 AM Post #1,398 of 3,200
Aha!  I asked you about this in the EQ settings thread, and I see you have the answer here...the reason for the lower battery life is the lossless files.  They take a lot more processing power to play.  If you stuck to lossy mp3, you'd get much closer to the 64 hour rating, but in my opinion...why sacrifice the audio quality for battery life, and not play to the J3's strengths, lol?  Other factors affecting battery life are things like touch screen navigation, video playback, brightness settings, volume levels, too much "navigation" (frequent menu changes/browsing, track skipping, etc.).  I have never really let it run down completely, but if I had to estimate, I get somewhere between 15-20 hours playback with FLAC files.

Feb 15, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #1,400 of 3,200
and that buttons makes all of us enjoy it more!....
anyway, mine is already at second charge, playing mp3-video-pictures-flacs, and i have played for more than one hour, and maked something like 10 minutes - on then off.... because of school... and is still at 100%....

there is something more charming about the batterry.... just don;t make so much worrying about it.... even thought i am willing to test the 64 hour too, for the first charges, i will just enjoy it....

i recomend just to listen to your music, and wait for the imporvements,... my first charge lasted 4 hours - ok with hard playing with games, video pictures and music, for just test it;s capacities....

Feb 15, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #1,401 of 3,200
Just ordered my J3, can't wait till it gets here! Rinke soon to follow.

Feb 15, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #1,402 of 3,200
The hardware buttons are what make the J3 so stellar, for a touch screen player. Sure it has great firmware too - but I can't (won't) for the hell of it use any shabby players that come with less tactile buttons than play/pause, volume, and skip/ffwd/rew. All those dumb "smart"phone form factor player as of lately are extremely useless on the go, for my taste. I want to execute a basic action in an instant - in my pants (!), I don't want to have to look at a screen to simply pause a player, that's just ridiculous. The J3 got the portable audio part of the equation very, very right.

Feb 15, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #1,403 of 3,200
Every day i love my J3 more and more

great sound
awesome look and feel (get a ringke silicon case it is a MUST)
the hardware buttons are a winner

Really i feel like J3 has all i need from a good flac player

Thank you cowon
beerchug.gif

Feb 15, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #1,406 of 3,200

Quote:
I can't imagine stuffing my J3 in any case - that would be just wrong.

It may be, but you have to admit it just looks so pretty in one. 
biggrin.gif
Not that it isn't pretty w/o one... And in any case I'd rather not have my DAP split into 2 pieces if it gets dropped.

Feb 16, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #1,409 of 3,200
finaly..i got tht "tuf luv" leather case i oredered.  this is the perfect case for the j3, verysolid and nice looking. it comes with a belt clip and even some patent that lets you roll the earphones cable around it if you want.  now my j3 is safe and i don't have to be careful like crazy.

Feb 16, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #1,410 of 3,200
As much as I don't want to put a case on my J3, I have a feeling that if I don't I'll regret it. Given, the J3 seems solid as a device, people harping on build quality don't seem to realize that plastic can be almost as strong as metal. So I got a Ringke case, just in case of any unforseen falls...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back