Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Jan 8, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #1,066 of 3,200
so , we just download this and install it in the system folder ?

and then what ? it loads itself ?

Jan 8, 2011 at 8:15 AM Post #1,067 of 3,200
Download the ZIP file and just extract everything into '/System/Flash UI/'. When you now start the J3 and go into the music section, Aero Music should appear.

BTW: The thread dfkt referred to in his post contains a quick guide how to open the options screen etc.

Jan 8, 2011 at 8:52 AM Post #1,068 of 3,200
thank you sir
beerchug.gif

if i wanna revert back to the old system , do i simply erase the folder from the J3 , right ?

Quote:
Download the ZIP file and just extract everything into '/System/Flash UI/'. When you now start the J3 and go into the music section, Aero Music should appear.

BTW: The thread dfkt referred to in his post contains a quick guide how to open the options screen etc.

Jan 8, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #1,069 of 3,200
Not the whole Flash UI folder, only the files that came with the ZIP archive.

By the way, there are other UCIs which are worth a try, such as the mainmenu UCI d.touch or the mainmenu UCI I created, Chakra. Both can be found here and here.

Jan 8, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #1,070 of 3,200
nice i will try them out too

so i must leave one UCI at the flash folder at a time ?

or i can store >1 ? if so , how do i pick which one i get to run ?

sorry for the noob questions , hopefully more ppl here have the same questions like i do

And thanx for sharing
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Not the whole Flash UI folder, only the files that came with the ZIP archive.

By the way, there are other UCIs which are worth a try, such as the mainmenu UCI d.touch or the mainmenu UCI I created, Chakra. Both can be found here and here.

Jan 8, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #1,071 of 3,200
Your Flash UI folder was probably empty before you put the Aero Music files in it. So you probably delete all that is in there, in your case.

You can only have one music UCI at a time. When you use a custom one, it's (at least) the music.swf file in the Flash UI folder - when you delete that file, you revert automatically to the stock built-in music screen.

As for Chakra, d.touch, and other main menu replacements - you can have three of them, same number as main menus that already are on the J3 by default. If you replace one of the default main menus, you name the custom one mainmenu1.swf, mainmenu2.swf, or mainmenu3.swf.

Jan 8, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #1,073 of 3,200
Good job kizune. It will be my first custom ui that i will try. It looks sweet. I know claw made i fantastic job too but i saw his ui topic and i was scared by all the details and downloads!
biggrin.gif

Is it possible to brick our J3 with this tweekings?

Jan 8, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #1,077 of 3,200
Track Preview shows the current playlist, means for example if you're playing the fave list, Track Preview shows all tracks of the fave list.
When you then tap a track, the selected track will be played.
When you press and hold a track until a white rectangle appears before the selected track, it will be played after the current one. This feature requires that the player's screen is turned on and that you are in Aero Music. Firmware limitation.

"Also is it possible some day you add power playlist? For example "most played"?"

No, this isn't possible. It was already a challenge to create the current Playlist Manager because the firmware doesn't support multiple dynamic playlists. Besides, a most played playlist wouldn't work correctly because you have to listen to all your tracks in Aero Music and with the screen turned on, otherwise the UCI couldn't generate the playlist. When the screen is turned off, the UCI is turned off, and when you leave the UCI, it's logical that it can't count the tracks anymore.

Jan 8, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #1,079 of 3,200
Thanks for the UCI Kizune. I actually really like the UI of the Cowon J3 so didn't find the need for it unlike when I had the D2 but from the little I've use it so far.

The track preview is pretty useful for me. I usually have all my songs on random so it's a nice function there. I'll have to look into the other stuff for the main menu and such since it does seem a bit incomplete with a custom one for the music screen and nothing with the others.

Jan 8, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #1,080 of 3,200
Thanks for the Aero Music Kizune!  I particularly like the alt_cover that is a picture of a piano.  Very classy.  I actually deleted the other two with the double eighth note and edited the xml so that this is my only alt_cover 
biggrin.gif

I'll be checking out the other UCI's soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back