Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Sep 18, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #616 of 3,200

Quote:
I ordered a screen protector but won't arrive for another week. It was cheap anyway but might not even use although the finger prints are a bit annoying. I don't think the player necessarily needs a case so I've been using mine without one although I might end up getting a case down the line.

Go to the Verizon Store in NY and check out the Droid 2 screen protector. I might go back and get 1 myself, as I have it on my phone - it really is fingerprint resistant.

Sep 18, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #617 of 3,200

Quote:
Anyone use a case/sock or anything else with theirs or is the screen and body relatively scratch resistant?

It's sort of cheese, but as a sock, I'm using an old grey Oakley sunglasses microfiber bag. It works perfectly for chucking it in my backpack and makes a good screen wipe too. I don't know if you can buy them separately, but I bet a Sunglass Hut or other store has something. I'm not sure about the scratch resistant-ness. I'm pretty careful with gear and I also have had an amp velcroed to the back of it since I got it.

Sep 19, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #618 of 3,200
for MAC OS X users:

Does anyone have any experience with this program?

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/27416/hidden-cleaner

It's supposed to delete all the notorious os x files created on j3 when you eject the device. Since the biggest cause for OS X and j3 seem to be the hidden files OS X creates, technically speaking, this program should fix the problem but I was wondering if anyone have any experience with this.

I can install XP thru bootcamp for free so worst comes, then I'll have to do so to use j3 (which I will receive in about 2 weeks) But if the above program works, then it'll be much much more convinient for us Mac J3 users.

So if anyone has any feedback on this program, please let us know!

Sep 20, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #620 of 3,200
^ I wasn't aware that WIndows XP created hidden files on mass storage devices (I have an S9) What are they called, and do you know where I would find them to clear them out? Linux also makes .trash folders (I used Ubuntu) but my devices have never had any problems from them.

Sep 20, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #621 of 3,200
It's probably because it's hidden. Try showing the hidden files and see if anything is there.

Sep 22, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #622 of 3,200
Guys i am trying to figure if iam going to buy s9 or the J3. The only reason i dont go  for the j3 is that i like s9 looks better and i have concerns about the screen's glass lifting. Does this happens to all J3's? If no, how often does it happen?

Sep 22, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #623 of 3,200

"A still"  Durr... why didn't I think of that? lol  Avatar was happily playing away.   Yes, District 9 kicks much Ass.... finally saw it just recently...in 720p! 
tongue_smile.gif

I heard that an S9 screen protector fits the J3 perfectly.... It better, cuz I just ordered one! I'm also looking to buy the "Jelly cover" to protect the rest of the unit.  Opinions?

I was out walking the other-day with the J3 in my front jeans pocket. After about an hour, when I went to the touchscreen, it was unresponsive! After a re-boot it was fine .... happened once more before I got home. It hasn't happened since then.... but I haven't taken it for a pocket-walk lately either. Hopefully it's a rare anomaly....but I better put 'er thru her paces before my 30day swap runs out!
Anyone else with similiar issues?

Quote:
@ vpsporb - I'd have preferred a still from the mech scene in District-9 though. 
wink_face.gif

Sep 22, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #624 of 3,200

Hmm I found the J3 to be Slim 'n Sexy.... but the Buxom Curvacious S9 speaks to you it seems.
wink_face.gif

My J3's glass is nice and level. Hopefully the bottom right doesn't lift in the future. 

Quote:
Guys i am trying to figure if iam going to buy s9 or the J3. The only reason i dont go  for the j3 is that i like s9 looks better and i have concerns about the screen's glass lifting. Does this happens to all J3's? If no, how often does it happen?

Sep 23, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #625 of 3,200
I always place my J3 in that locked state with the screen turned off (tap the lock button twice) when I put it in my pocket. That might help as i've never had any problems with unresponsive screens.

Sep 23, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #626 of 3,200
thx vpsporb. Is there anyone who has looked into things or knows how often this glass problem occurs? I am buying an 8gb j3 this week and its kind frustrating buying something from another continent and then sent it all way back. does it happen  more often than 1/20? or maybe cowon fixed the production line?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back