Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
May 7, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #1,952 of 3,200

Quote:
"And.. you made Aero Music?  :)"

Yes, I did. :D

"PS- I just paste all the files and folder into the Flash UI folder right?  XD"

Yeah, that's right. :wink:

So I installed it, and because I like it so much, somehow my music sounds a lot better, lol.  Stupid placebo effect...  The only problem (likely the fault of how the player just works with any installed Flash UI) is that it takes a bit long to switch in and out of the Music interface.  I actually don't know how to properly thank you for this.  Such an awesome thing to do! 

May 7, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #1,953 of 3,200

Quote:
Seems to me like you expect quite a bit out of something that uses what is essentially Flash for its UI...

But then, I haven't interacted with the J3's original UI beyond hitting the "Music" button in the main menu and going straight into Aero Music ever since AM was released, so I might just be out of touch.

-- Griffinhart

I want it to be fast, smooth and look pretty. I miss the Zune UI so much... In comparison the J3 is extremely slow and frustrating to set up the music I want for then.

Quote:
So I installed it, and because I like it so much, somehow my music sounds a lot better, lol.  Stupid placebo effect...  The only problem (likely the fault of how the player just works with any installed Flash UI) is that it takes a bit long to switch in and out of the Music interface.  I actually don't know how to properly thank you for this.  Such an awesome thing to do! 

It's a good thing that your music sounds better.
wink.gif

May 8, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #1,954 of 3,200
I've got a problem with my cowon J3 lately, since a couple of weeks my J3 takes a loooong time to start up. Like 54 seconds long. It's checking the external memory. Does this have anything to do with me hooking my J3 up to a mac and using a mac to transport files? And more importantly, how can I make it quicker.

May 8, 2011 at 4:30 AM Post #1,955 of 3,200
Yeah, this has most likely to do with the garbage files that OSX writes to the player's memory.

First you best format both the player and the SD card on a Windows machine with the proper tool for the job: http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/

Then look for a tool for OS X that blocks the writing of junk files to removable storage devices. There should be a few of those around.

May 8, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #1,956 of 3,200
Well, here's another "interruption". :p
I created a picture UCI. Probably not used by many people here, but I wanted to notify you anyway.

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39106

I created this UCI in three days BTW. New record. :D

May 8, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #1,957 of 3,200

Quote:
Well, here's another "interruption". :p
I created a picture UCI. Probably not used by many people here, but I wanted to notify you anyway.

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39106

I created this UCI in three days BTW. New record. :D

Very nice.  People don't know how much work goes into programming, and especially making user interfaces.  They see something like that and think it took an hour.  I like it, thank you.

May 8, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #1,958 of 3,200

Quote:
I want it to be fast, smooth and look pretty. I miss the Zune UI so much... In comparison the J3 is extremely slow and frustrating to set up the music I want for then.

/shrug

Again, I just drop into the Aero Music UI and hit play. I'm usually shuffling through the entire library on my J3, so I don't much see the UI in the first place, thanks to the hardware buttons (and heck, I really only use those to play/pause; volume control's on my amp, anyhow). I set everything up once, and the rest... is just listening to music.

Honestly, that's the way everything should be... set it up once, and it works. I mean, sure, you can change things around - in fact, you should be able to change things around, otherwise that's terrible design - but you shouldn't need to constantly tweak and fix and change and alter and hack to make something work.

(S'why I love using *BSD for running a server.)

-- Griffinhart

May 8, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #1,959 of 3,200
That's interesting that you mostly use the shuffle. Have you noticed it repeating or having "favorite" albums at all?

May 9, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #1,960 of 3,200
Hi @Kizune, I decided to try your Aero Music UI and it was better than the stock UI in J3. And it can set playlist too.

Can you help me how I can set the default play track displayed in your UI to the Music's Filename? Coz I have only wav files in my J3 and it always display "Unknown" on all the tracks. I still have to tap the UI of playing track displayed to change from Unkown to filename. But once you go to the original Cowon List then go back to the Aero, the display will be changed to "unknown" again. 

May 9, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #1,961 of 3,200
I've tried but I can't push myself to like anything Kizune puts out, it definitely nice but.....I always go back to Claw's, Puzzle things like that. I do use the music.swf it really gets no better then that I wish there was a UCI built around it and the browser those are the best. 

On that Zune thing I agree the Zune is smooth the day Cowon gets that smooth....lets just say I'll buy a couple 
rolleyes.gif

May 11, 2011 at 5:01 AM Post #1,962 of 3,200
Hi guys,

im finally a proud J3 user lol! but may i know, are there any webbies that consolidate all the customizable GUIs?  would like to try all of them out~

Cheers =D

May 11, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #1,964 of 3,200
I've had my J3 for a couple of weeks now. I bought it secondhand from E-Bay. At first I must say I was more than a bit underwhelmed by the SQ. On flat it sounds much worse than my Clip+ and iPhone 4 using similar settings - really lifeless and undynamic. However once I started using the excellent EQ system it was possible to get pretty much the sound I wanted. I currently own the JVC FX700, Ortofon e-Q7, Miles Davis Tribute, Xears Nature N3i and Head Direct RE0 IEMS. The J3 makes all of them sound great, some more than others of course.
L3000.gif
 The battery life is great, even playing FLAC files it lasts much longer than any of my other devices. Overall i'm very pleased with it so far.

May 11, 2011 at 5:53 AM Post #1,965 of 3,200
Kizune.....u r doing great work man.

do u have any donation page?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back