Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
May 13, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #1,981 of 3,200
The j3 has impressed me as well. I've been using it as the source for my jh13 and rsa protector and the sound is heavenly. I just installed the different uci and I love how they all look now.

Sent from airwax' tab

May 14, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #1,983 of 3,200
http://rmaa.elektrokrishna.com/Comparisons/Cowon%20J3%20Loads%20vs%20Clip%2B.htm

If you are using an amp, it should make no difference. Otherwise a higher load seems to decrease the bass rolloff. These measurements were made by head-fier (and thread regular) dftk, so he might be able to tell you a bit more.

May 14, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #1,985 of 3,200
I have had some problems with my J3. Firstly it goes flat on it's own in about a week and that's fully turned off. Secondly the battery is moving around in the casing so it's come loose.

Previously i had a S9 and had no troubles with it, this J3 (well mine anyway) is a piece of crap.

I don't know what else to buy as there seems to be a lack of anything decent these days.

May 14, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #1,986 of 3,200
can you send it back?

Quote:
I have had some problems with my J3. Firstly it goes flat on it's own in about a week and that's fully turned off. Secondly the battery is moving around in the casing so it's come loose.

Previously i had a S9 and had no troubles with it, this J3 (well mine anyway) is a piece of crap.

I don't know what else to buy as there seems to be a lack of anything decent these days.

May 15, 2011 at 4:01 AM Post #1,987 of 3,200
I have had it for a while now,  thought it was normal for the battery issue. If i send it back it would go to Melbourne then back overseas so i wouldn't see it for at least a month or more. For the price it probably not worth the effort.

May 15, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #1,988 of 3,200
Try contacting Cowon... They might be able to help.

Quote:
I have had it for a while now,  thought it was normal for the battery issue. If i send it back it would go to Melbourne then back overseas so i wouldn't see it for at least a month or more. For the price it probably not worth the effort.

May 15, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #1,989 of 3,200
Battery level indication needs improvement.

it jumps from 100 to 75...then 50...and then suddenly shuts off.

May 17, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #1,992 of 3,200
There's a problem I'm having with music bookmarks. Whenever I push a bookmark, it plays a random song at that time instead of the one I saved it on. And it's only on the last bookmarks; the first ~5 still work perfectly. I'm not sure if it's coincidence or not, but only the ones that fit on the first screen work.

Kizune- Can you make playlists with Sense?

May 17, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #1,993 of 3,200

Angelopsaro: I think the screenshot shows it quite well - it's a music UI. :wink:

macrocheesium:

"There's a problem I'm having with music bookmarks. Whenever I push a bookmark, it plays a random song at that time instead of the one I saved it on. And it's only on the last bookmarks; the first ~5 still work perfectly. I'm not sure if it's coincidence or not, but only the ones that fit on the first screen work."

Do you mean the browser UI by that?

"Kizune- Can you make playlists with Sense?"

Yes, and it has even less limits than in Aero Music. The album tag isn't required anymore for each track.

May 17, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #1,995 of 3,200
It's the official successor of Aero. :wink:

Some improvements:
- Improved EQ editor
- Improved playlist editor (presents tracks in a clearer way)
- Improved playlist feature (no album tag required anymore for each track)
- Improved Queue feature
---> You can still select one track only, everything further would be very difficult. But you can move the current track's information away and see the next track's information (whether it's selected using the Queue feature or whether it is the next natural track doesn't matter)
- Improved album art animations (reflection is now 100%ly synced with the album art)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back