Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 24, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #14,461 of 18,757
@Matt Bartlett

I have had my Mojo now for a month and have been using it daily with a Raspberry Pi as a Roon endpoint feeding it with an s/pdif optical input. The results have been so good that I thought I would go further and buy a Poly to have more flexibility around the house.

I have now bought an ex-demo Poly from a dealer and have been trying to connect my phone to it from the Gofigure App. This has been unsuccesful, and I wondered if somebody might help me.

I charged the Poly with a 2 amp charger for six hours initially to ensure that the battery was fully charged. The Mojo has been connected to its own charger and is also fully charged.

I then disconnected the Poly from the charger, connected the Poly to the Mojo, and switched on the Mojo. The M-status LED on the Poly shone a constant blue (fully charged Mojo), and, after a few seconds, the P-Status LED started flashing blue (searching for a Wifi network).

I then downloaded the Gofigure App from the Google Play Store (version 1.0 updated on 24th September 2019), and chose "Select Device" from the initial welcome screen. At this point Gofigure tried to find a nearby Poly, but after a minute or two gave up and told me it could not find any Polys. I tried it with both the "normal" connection method and the "alternate" method, and both failed repeatedly.

Bluetooth is enabled on the phone, and I have tried several permutations to try and effect a connection. I have rebooted the phone; restarted the Mojo/Poly combo; tried it with the power cable in and out; uninstalled and reinstalled the Gofigure app. All to no avail.

I have tried to connect with different devices:

1) Google Pixel 3a running Android 10
2) LG G6 running Android 8.0 (patched to 1st May 2019)
3) Apple iPad running iPadOS 13.1.2

Nothing works.

My questions are:
1) Given this is an ex-demo Poly, and has probably been configured once, should I do something different (like a factory reset to clear any old configuration data)?
2) How do I find out the current firmware of the Poly?
3) I have connected a pair of headphones to the Mojo/Poly combination and tried to use the config button on the Poly. It didn't respond in any way. Has this method of interaction been superceded since version 2 of the firmware was released or am I doing something wrong?

Any assistance would be appreciated, otherwise I am going to have to send the Poly back, which would be a shame.

For your Android devices, make sure you have location / gps enabled before startin gofigure.

As its your first time setting up Poly, are you able to connect using your browser to Polys config page?

Oct 24, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #14,462 of 18,757
For your Android devices, make sure you have location / gps enabled before startin gofigure.

As its your first time setting up Poly, are you able to connect using your browser to Polys config page?

Location Services and GPS are enabled on the phone, and I also allowed Gofigure permission to use all location information when I first started the app.

The Poly seems to be in network search mode (blue flashing LED on P-status). I do not have access to configure it, so it can't join my local network. Also, I can't change it to hotspot mode to allow the phone to connect to it that way. That means the web access to the Poly will not work.

Thanks for your suggestions, though. It is much appreciated.

Oct 24, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #14,463 of 18,757
Location Services and GPS are enabled on the phone, and I also allowed Gofigure permission to use all location information when I first started the app.

The Poly seems to be in network search mode (blue flashing LED on P-status). I do not have access to configure it, so it can't join my local network. Also, I can't change it to hotspot mode to allow the phone to connect to it that way. That means the web access to the Poly will not work.

Thanks for your suggestions, though. It is much appreciated.

Are you able to change the mode with the pin in the little hole under the sd card slot?

Oct 24, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #14,464 of 18,757
Are you able to change the mode with the pin in the little hole under the sd card slot?

No, I can't. I don't know if it's because I am doing it incorrectly, or that the config button is broken, or that using the pin to change the config has been disabled in the version 2 firmware of the Poly. Are you able to change the mode using the pin on your Poly?

Oct 24, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #14,465 of 18,757
No, I can't. I don't know if it's because I am doing it incorrectly, or that the config button is broken, or that using the pin to change the config has been disabled in the version 2 firmware of the Poly. Are you able to change the mode using the pin on your Poly?

The config can still be changed with the pin with the latest firmware. It's easiest when Poly & Mojo are together and your headphones are plugged in so you can hear the voice commands. Be careful with Mojos volume, you don't want to damage your hearing if it is too loud

Oct 24, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #14,466 of 18,757
The config can still be changed with the pin with the latest firmware. It's easiest when Poly & Mojo are together and your headphones are plugged in so you can hear the voice commands. Be careful with Mojos volume, you don't want to damage your hearing if it is too loud
Well, that's bad news! I have connected headphones to the Mojo/Poly combo, but no amount of prodding with the pin on the config button initiates a response. I guess it means that this Poly is kaputt in some way. What a nuisance!

Oct 24, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #14,468 of 18,757
I've been playing around with vibration absorption pods for various audio gear.
Obviously ended up trying to apply it to my Mojo-Poly. https://www.amazon.com/Vibrapod-Iso...1_2?keywords=vibrapod+1&qid=1571948886&sr=8-2

Right now my MojoPoly is sitting on a small plastic square stand, then goes a vibrapod on an another smooth plastic square piece ( bottom surface should be smooth for the air to be captured ).

To my ear's surprise there were positive audible changes like instantly. Definitely a darker background and more dramatic low end. The Wow effect has been restored.

Most likely a result of a vibration noise being suppressed from the table Poly is sitting on. Hoping it is not just a placebo effect.

Oct 24, 2019 at 11:52 PM Post #14,469 of 18,757
Matt is on holiday with his family this week, which impacts his ability to monitor head-fi threads.
I am sure that he will reply to your post when he returns, but in the mean time you do have the option of emailing support@chordelectronics.co.uk to maybe get a quicker response.

Or just return for a fix or replacement. Let the shop worry about configuring it for you, or replacing it, if they cannot....(I learned from Chord, when I had similar issues, but not so similar that I could offer you any useful advice).

Oct 28, 2019 at 2:00 AM Post #14,471 of 18,757
I've been playing around with vibration absorption pods for various audio gear.
Obviously ended up trying to apply it to my Mojo-Poly. https://www.amazon.com/Vibrapod-Iso...1_2?keywords=vibrapod+1&qid=1571948886&sr=8-2

Right now my MojoPoly is sitting on a small plastic square stand, then goes a vibrapod on an another smooth plastic square piece ( bottom surface should be smooth for the air to be captured ).

To my ear's surprise there were positive audible changes like instantly. Definitely a darker background and more dramatic low end. The Wow effect has been restored.

Most likely a result of a vibration noise being suppressed from the table Poly is sitting on. Hoping it is not just a placebo effect.
you shoudl get a power conditioner for it. and an LPS. the SQ jump is astonishing.. sounds like a Dave on steroids.

Oct 28, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #14,472 of 18,757
Hi all
Mojo owner for about 18 months (LOVE IT) and just got a Poly (HATE IT).
Painfully managed to get the GoFigure update wizard to run over the weekend and its now sat at v2.0.4. overall its a shambles and I'm so close to returning the unit for a refund. Music shouldn't be this stressful.

I have a variety of Apple and Android devices and have managed to get the thing connected to my wifi network, and playing music finally , either the built in radio player, streaming from my phone onto the poly, or controlling the poly to read the SD card and play music directly..... although its a real arcane art, i think i'm getting there. (no - no idea how bluetooth only mode works yet!)

However
I have attempted to use use 8player, Glider, Mplayer, bubbleupnp , HiFi cast and a whole load of other apps and keep hitting the same wall.

I CANNOT PLAY QOBUZ
(Also, POLY seems to often time out or vanish from the DLNA servers visible in my network but that's a secondary concern right now)

Tidal and Qobuz have their user configs both entered nicely via the gofigure user settings, and Tidal will show up fine on whatever app and i can go and listen to music fine,

Qobuz, nothing works. I keep getting the afore mentioned 'service unavailable' messages in every app. Its like the Qobuz implementation on the poly just isn't accepted by Qobuz high command.

Ive got a PiCorePlayer (allo digione signature HAT) on my main system setup rinning into my Chord Qutest, and that runs Qobuz fine, sounds amazing, and i'm a telecoms engineer by profession, so i kind of know the basics and I'm not about to let this one beat me, but i'm totally out of ideas.

PLEASE HELP

Oct 28, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #14,473 of 18,757
Hi all
Mojo owner for about 18 months (LOVE IT) and just got a Poly (HATE IT).
Painfully managed to get the GoFigure update wizard to run over the weekend and its now sat at v2.0.4. overall its a shambles and I'm so close to returning the unit for a refund. Music shouldn't be this stressful.

I have a variety of Apple and Android devices and have managed to get the thing connected to my wifi network, and playing music finally , either the built in radio player, streaming from my phone onto the poly, or controlling the poly to read the SD card and play music directly..... although its a real arcane art, i think i'm getting there. (no - no idea how bluetooth only mode works yet!)

However
I have attempted to use use 8player, Glider, Mplayer, bubbleupnp , HiFi cast and a whole load of other apps and keep hitting the same wall.

I CANNOT PLAY QOBUZ
(Also, POLY seems to often time out or vanish from the DLNA servers visible in my network but that's a secondary concern right now)

Tidal and Qobuz have their user configs both entered nicely via the gofigure user settings, and Tidal will show up fine on whatever app and i can go and listen to music fine,

Qobuz, nothing works. I keep getting the afore mentioned 'service unavailable' messages in every app. Its like the Qobuz implementation on the poly just isn't accepted by Qobuz high command.

Ive got a PiCorePlayer (allo digione signature HAT) on my main system setup rinning into my Chord Qutest, and that runs Qobuz fine, sounds amazing, and i'm a telecoms engineer by profession, so i kind of know the basics and I'm not about to let this one beat me, but i'm totally out of ideas.

PLEASE HELP
Searching for you, but in theory 8player should work.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-☆-poly-☆-wireless-microsd-module-for-mojo-☆★►useful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-904#post-14991806
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-☆-poly-☆-wireless-microsd-module-for-mojo-☆★►useful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-834#post-14885231
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-☆-poly-☆-wireless-microsd-module-for-mojo-☆★►useful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-940#post-15123948
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-856#post-14889478

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #14,475 of 18,757
Try mconnect. I did not see it in your list. It links directly to Tidal, Qobuz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back