1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964
966 967 968 969 970 971 972
Next

Last
  1. rgrcliffe
    Location Services and GPS are enabled on the phone, and I also allowed Gofigure permission to use all location information when I first started the app.

The Poly seems to be in network search mode (blue flashing LED on P-status). I do not have access to configure it, so it can't join my local network. Also, I can't change it to hotspot mode to allow the phone to connect to it that way. That means the web access to the Poly will not work.

Thanks for your suggestions, though. It is much appreciated.

2. headmanPL
    Are you able to change the mode with the pin in the little hole under the sd card slot?

3. rgrcliffe
    No, I can't. I don't know if it's because I am doing it incorrectly, or that the config button is broken, or that using the pin to change the config has been disabled in the version 2 firmware of the Poly. Are you able to change the mode using the pin on your Poly?

4. headmanPL
    The config can still be changed with the pin with the latest firmware. It's easiest when Poly & Mojo are together and your headphones are plugged in so you can hear the voice commands. Be careful with Mojos volume, you don't want to damage your hearing if it is too loud

5. rgrcliffe
    Well, that's bad news! I have connected headphones to the Mojo/Poly combo, but no amount of prodding with the pin on the config button initiates a response. I guess it means that this Poly is kaputt in some way. What a nuisance!

6. miketlse
    Matt is on holiday with his family this week, which impacts his ability to monitor head-fi threads.
    I am sure that he will reply to your post when he returns, but in the mean time you do have the option of emailing support@chordelectronics.co.uk to maybe get a quicker response.

headmanPL likes this.
  7. sergeywin1
    I've been playing around with vibration absorption pods for various audio gear.
    Obviously ended up trying to apply it to my Mojo-Poly. https://www.amazon.com/Vibrapod-Iso...1_2?keywords=vibrapod+1&qid=1571948886&sr=8-2

Right now my MojoPoly is sitting on a small plastic square stand, then goes a vibrapod on an another smooth plastic square piece ( bottom surface should be smooth for the air to be captured ).

To my ear's surprise there were positive audible changes like instantly. Definitely a darker background and more dramatic low end. The Wow effect has been restored.

Most likely a result of a vibration noise being suppressed from the table Poly is sitting on. Hoping it is not just a placebo effect.

ZappaMan likes this.
  8. Yourmomm
    Or just return for a fix or replacement. Let the shop worry about configuring it for you, or replacing it, if they cannot....(I learned from Chord, when I had similar issues, but not so similar that I could offer you any useful advice).

9. rgrcliffe
    That sounds like sound advice. Thank you, I think I'll do that.

10. mightyKyn
    you shoudl get a power conditioner for it. and an LPS. the SQ jump is astonishing.. sounds like a Dave on steroids.

11. Stourmead
    Hi all
    Mojo owner for about 18 months (LOVE IT) and just got a Poly (HATE IT).
    Painfully managed to get the GoFigure update wizard to run over the weekend and its now sat at v2.0.4. overall its a shambles and I'm so close to returning the unit for a refund. Music shouldn't be this stressful.

I have a variety of Apple and Android devices and have managed to get the thing connected to my wifi network, and playing music finally , either the built in radio player, streaming from my phone onto the poly, or controlling the poly to read the SD card and play music directly..... although its a real arcane art, i think i'm getting there. (no - no idea how bluetooth only mode works yet!)

However
    I have attempted to use use 8player, Glider, Mplayer, bubbleupnp , HiFi cast and a whole load of other apps and keep hitting the same wall.

I CANNOT PLAY QOBUZ
    (Also, POLY seems to often time out or vanish from the DLNA servers visible in my network but that's a secondary concern right now)

Tidal and Qobuz have their user configs both entered nicely via the gofigure user settings, and Tidal will show up fine on whatever app and i can go and listen to music fine,

Qobuz, nothing works. I keep getting the afore mentioned 'service unavailable' messages in every app. Its like the Qobuz implementation on the poly just isn't accepted by Qobuz high command.

Ive got a PiCorePlayer (allo digione signature HAT) on my main system setup rinning into my Chord Qutest, and that runs Qobuz fine, sounds amazing, and i'm a telecoms engineer by profession, so i kind of know the basics and I'm not about to let this one beat me, but i'm totally out of ideas.

PLEASE HELP

12. miketlse
    Searching for you, but in theory 8player should work.
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-☆-poly-☆-wireless-microsd-module-for-mojo-☆★►useful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-904#post-14991806
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-☆-poly-☆-wireless-microsd-module-for-mojo-☆★►useful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-834#post-14885231
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-☆-poly-☆-wireless-microsd-module-for-mojo-☆★►useful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-940#post-15123948
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-856#post-14889478

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  13. Stourmead

Disothers likes this.
  14. Progisus
    Try mconnect. I did not see it in your list. It links directly to Tidal, Qobuz.

15. Stourmead
    Thanks, although Mplayer also gave me the same issue. I've literally tried everything
    I do find that having a qobuz enabled app on my phone and then streaming that as a feed to the poly does work, but I lose any hi res and it's just 16.44.

I just want the poly to work as seamlessly with qobuz natively as it seems to with the tidal login

First

Back
955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964
966 967 968 969 970 971 972
Next

Last