Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Apr 2, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #7,051 of 7,153
Here's a list of ISK MDH9000 clones:

ISK MDH9000
Stellar Labs HC-5985
Marantz MPH-2
Freeboss MDH9000
LyxPro HAS-30
Neewer NW-9000

As far as I know, they're all great, and I haven't heard of any fakes.

This is also this clone, but it has sucky earpads:

Akai Professional Project 50X

If you plan on changing the earpads, this one might be a good choice; otherwise, avoid this one.

You might be able to find some of these on your local eBay or Amazon.
If not, AliExpress is a good resource.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2023 at 6:53 AM Post #7,053 of 7,153
Like I said, I haven't heard of any fake ISK MDH9000.
I don't know about the ISK HD9999.
If you want to play it more safe on AliExpress, choose a seller with good stats.

Apr 2, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #7,055 of 7,153
I hear it's a great pair of headphones, though you cannot put Brainwavz earpads on them.
Most people don't care about earpads that much, but I try to get headphones that accept Brainwavz earpads.

Apr 2, 2023 at 11:04 PM Post #7,056 of 7,153
Thanks , all the above are currently unavailable in Amazon
What about buying from alliexpress original isk's , do you think they are fake?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000927264616.html
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32797984254.html
The 2nd of these 2 links certainly appears to be a legitimate ISK MDH9000. The price I see in the U.S. is ~$55.00. This is what I refer to:

ISK MDH9000.jpg

Unless ~$55 is too much money for you to risk, I say just buy it and see what happens.

I have owned 3 of these clones of the ISK MDH9000.. So long as they have the thick pleather pads shown in this picture, the sound is identical and very pleasing.

I gave away 2 of the clones (a Marantz MPH-2 + a LyxPro HAS-30). I still have the first Marantz MPH-2 that I bought. Even though I've gotten a number of far more expensive headphones since that time (most open back), this Marantz MPH-2 still pleases me a lot. I use when I travel.

BTW, I owned the Status Audio CB-1 at one time. It cost twice as much as the ISK MDH9000 clones but was a bit smaller and didn't sound quite as good. It looks very similar to these clones, but it is different and IMHO, inferior to the ISK MDH9000 clones.

Apr 3, 2023 at 5:29 AM Post #7,057 of 7,153
what do you think about the Takstar PRO82 ?
1clearhead did a write-up on this years ago.
PRO 80 vs. ISK MDH9000

Even though the Pro 80's are probably the best looking headphone out of the bunch it falls short to the extreme sound signature the MDH9000's provide.

BASS: The MDH9000 digs deeper....way deeper! Though the bass on both sounds exactly the same in quality, the bass quantity goes way deeper on the MDH9000, which naturally makes you fall in love with true heard and felt bass for any bass lover.
MIDS: Midrange is better, clearer and livelier with the MDH9000, no doubt about it! The Pro 80 just seems to fall a step behind every time.
TREBLE: Again, the MDH9000 just outperforms the Pro 80's. Details can be heard with great enjoyment without ever feeling that they're going to sound metallic, or artificial to the ear as sometimes the Pro 80's seems to do in certain songs, depending on the genre.

SOUNDSTAGE: Soundstage is just BIGGER and GREATER in every way possible! Because of this, the MDH9000 seems to cover more in overall details from the lowest bass tone to the highest chime in every song.

ISK HP2011 vs. ISK MDH9000

These two headphones have more to offer than any of the other headphones when it comes to quality of SOUND.

BASS: The MDH9000 digs deep, but the HP2011 is very precise for monitoring purposes with quick punch and details. For monitoring, the HP2011 wins, but for DJ use, the MDH9000 wins.
MIDS: There is a sense of realistic vocals and lively presence when it comes to hearing the HP2011, but there's almost as much fun and enjoyment with the MDH9000's signature!
TREBLE: Though both have great treble presence, you can actually pick-up better hi-end details with the HP2011's, where the MDH9000's just might roll-off at certain songs or genres at their very peak.

SOUNDSTAGE: Soundstage is great on both headphones! But, for the purpose served......soundstage for DJ purposes goes to the MDH9000, while soundstage for monitoring purposes goes great with the HP2011.

ISK HD9999 vs. ISK MDH9000

These two headphones have a lot to offer the consumer for their price, and even though their flagship model happens to be the HD9999, the MDH9000 could really be some of the best DJ headphones out there to be had!

BASS: The bass of the HD9999 hits a little deeper with quick response, while the MDH9000 can hit almost as deep, but with more quantity. HD9999 focuses more on sub-bass, while the MDH9000 covers a broader range.
MIDS: To my ears, the HD9999 can be a little bright at times, which for some may make them more enjoyable, or for others, it may not. The MDH9000, in the other hand, sounds more balanced to their overall signature, which for many may be the better answer to longer listening sessions.
TREBLE: Even though the Hd9999 might sound livelier because of their brightness, details are better displayed with the MDH9000’s sounding precise and not splashy as the HD9999 might sound like, at times.

SOUNDSTAGE: Soundstage is similar and is great on both! They are both incredibly fun headphones and many here can appreciate either of them depending on what you’re buying them for. It’s only a matter of preference.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...i-greathon-cyberx-qpad-thread.585356/page-275

I don't think there are any actual fakes for the ISK brands. Not on Aliexpress anyway. I'm going to buy a new one soon as well. I put it off for now to buy an IEM instead. I think the Anniversary sale just ended, 11.11 should be next later on in the year for good prices. Though I don't think any of the MDH9000's ever went on sale.

Apr 9, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #7,058 of 7,153
what do you think about the Takstar PRO82 ?
I highly recommend it :jecklinsmile:
Just make sure you buy the proper v2 (check first post in the Pro 82 thread for a trusted store), there are too many "night-shift"/"failed QA" v0.9 out there sold cheaply.
Pro 82 is far superior to ISK HD9999, and is favorably compared with much more expensive headphones: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...ns-and-discussion-thread.849965/post-13490895

Comparison with Fostex TH-900MK2
Comparison with Fostex TH-900, Fostex TH-X00 Purpleheart, Sennheiser 800/6xx, Beyerdynamic T90 (by Ahmadfaizadnan)
Comparison with Sony MDR900MA, Phillips X2, Monoprice M1060, Denon D7000, Beyerdynamic T1 (by J Mirra)
Comparison with Philips X2 (by OscarPaz)
Comparison with Sony MDR-1A and Beyerdynamic DT-1350 (by Myrra)
Comparison with Fostex TH-X00 Mahogany (by Heavyharmonies)
Comparison with B&O H6
Comparison with CAL!
Comparison with Bosshifi B8
Comparison with ISK HP2011
Comparison with NVX XPT100/Brainwavz HM5/Yoga CD-880
Comparison with Takstar HI 2050 (by Myrra)
Comparison with JVC HA-S680 (by Ryder78)
Comparison with AKG 712 Pro (by Weirdek)
Comparison with M40x (by Joshuadapitan)
Comparison with Sony MDR-1A (by Tysun)
Comparison with Neumann NDH20, Focal Clear, Sendy Aiva, NAD HP50, Sennheiser HD600/598 (by sov73811)
Comparison with Focal Clear, NAD HP50, Sennheiser HD600, Koss KPH30i, Koss KSC 75, Audeze Mobius, Dan Clark Audio Aeon Flow Open-Back, Dan Clark Audio Aeon Flow Closed (by sov73811)

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #7,059 of 7,153
1clearhead did a write-up on this years ago.
PRO 80 vs. ISK MDH9000

Even though the Pro 80's are probably the best looking headphone out of the bunch it falls short to the extreme sound signature the MDH9000's provide.

BASS: The MDH9000 digs deeper....way deeper! Though the bass on both sounds exactly the same in quality, the bass quantity goes way deeper on the MDH9000, which naturally makes you fall in love with true heard and felt bass for any bass lover.
MIDS: Midrange is better, clearer and livelier with the MDH9000, no doubt about it! The Pro 80 just seems to fall a step behind every time.
TREBLE: Again, the MDH9000 just outperforms the Pro 80's. Details can be heard with great enjoyment without ever feeling that they're going to sound metallic, or artificial to the ear as sometimes the Pro 80's seems to do in certain songs, depending on the genre.

SOUNDSTAGE: Soundstage is just BIGGER and GREATER in every way possible! Because of this, the MDH9000 seems to cover more in overall details from the lowest bass tone to the highest chime in every song.

ISK HP2011 vs. ISK MDH9000

These two headphones have more to offer than any of the other headphones when it comes to quality of SOUND.

BASS: The MDH9000 digs deep, but the HP2011 is very precise for monitoring purposes with quick punch and details. For monitoring, the HP2011 wins, but for DJ use, the MDH9000 wins.
MIDS: There is a sense of realistic vocals and lively presence when it comes to hearing the HP2011, but there's almost as much fun and enjoyment with the MDH9000's signature!
TREBLE: Though both have great treble presence, you can actually pick-up better hi-end details with the HP2011's, where the MDH9000's just might roll-off at certain songs or genres at their very peak.

SOUNDSTAGE: Soundstage is great on both headphones! But, for the purpose served......soundstage for DJ purposes goes to the MDH9000, while soundstage for monitoring purposes goes great with the HP2011.

ISK HD9999 vs. ISK MDH9000

These two headphones have a lot to offer the consumer for their price, and even though their flagship model happens to be the HD9999, the MDH9000 could really be some of the best DJ headphones out there to be had!

BASS: The bass of the HD9999 hits a little deeper with quick response, while the MDH9000 can hit almost as deep, but with more quantity. HD9999 focuses more on sub-bass, while the MDH9000 covers a broader range.
MIDS: To my ears, the HD9999 can be a little bright at times, which for some may make them more enjoyable, or for others, it may not. The MDH9000, in the other hand, sounds more balanced to their overall signature, which for many may be the better answer to longer listening sessions.
TREBLE: Even though the Hd9999 might sound livelier because of their brightness, details are better displayed with the MDH9000’s sounding precise and not splashy as the HD9999 might sound like, at times.

SOUNDSTAGE: Soundstage is similar and is great on both! They are both incredibly fun headphones and many here can appreciate either of them depending on what you’re buying them for. It’s only a matter of preference.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...i-greathon-cyberx-qpad-thread.585356/page-275

I don't think there are any actual fakes for the ISK brands. Not on Aliexpress anyway. I'm going to buy a new one soon as well. I put it off for now to buy an IEM instead. I think the Anniversary sale just ended, 11.11 should be next later on in the year for good prices. Though I don't think any of the MDH9000's ever went on sale.
That's a comparison with Pro 80, which sounds nothing like Pro 82

Apr 10, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #7,060 of 7,153
That's a comparison with Pro 80, which sounds nothing like Pro 82
I mistook it for Pro80 tbh. I recalled 1clearhead's post from years ago and posted it. But from what I recall the Pro82 should be more treble forward and brighter with deeper bass. Don't know much about it's other aspects, never used it, just from what I read when scouring the internet looking for a closed back under $100. I figured people here would just fill the user in with their own experiences of either headphone. I have the MDH9000, but couldn't compare it to the Pro82.

Apr 11, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #7,061 of 7,153
....But from what I recall the Pro82 should be more treble forward and brighter with deeper bass. ...
It's the exact opposite - Pro 80 is crazy v-shaped (with bass and treble boosted), Pro 82 has a natural balanced sound.

Apr 11, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #7,062 of 7,153
It's the exact opposite - Pro 80 is crazy v-shaped (with bass and treble boosted), Pro 82 has a natural balanced sound.
I'm only posting from what I read when I researched the headphones from Reddit and impressions here. But I guess it depends on what people call 'balanced', what's 'piercing', what's uncomfortable treble' and what someone would consider 'deep bass'. Which usually makes getting proper impressions on headphones and IEMs a chore, unless a comparison with something I'm familiar with is involved.

Either way, I hope the poster appreciates your input with that and the correction.

Apr 15, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #7,063 of 7,153
Any impressions on the XROUND Voca Max?

Taiwanese brand which seems to offer a lot of what Soundcore Q45 and Edifier WH950NB. They also support their Thunder Connect Bluetooth transmitter which minimizes latency using a special connection protocol.

I did see one Taiwanese reviewer who said it is a warm sound with respectable bass and mids while the treble takes a backseat but isn't veiled. I've read similar impressions for the Edifiers, while the Soundcore Q45 has a W-shape from personal experience

https://xround.us/products/voca-max

Apr 15, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #7,064 of 7,153
Has anyone tried any of the Koss Porta Pro knockoffs/lookalikes?
Not sure if I can post a direct link to the store here, so I'll post a picture. It's called Whatplus

S0f93058f4a1442869a19cd71051497346.jpg

OKcsc has a Bluetooth version of it as well(but they're still actually WhatPlus branding). I've always heard good things about these Koss. But no idea if these are similar.

S82ed5771f7b54387b5d0aeee5608fccaD.jpg

Apr 15, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #7,065 of 7,153
Also probably a longshot, but does anyone know this 'Lotorasia' brand? They have a couple different headphones, not many reviews though. That's fake wood on this btw. Sorry for the double post, I had some issues trying to add on this extra bit in the previous post.

S64ab8b5d99cb4beab80538572d522d13d.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back