Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #34,801 of 35,472
The E80 have solid bass response and a wide soundstage if amped. They play very similar to the HAVI's (except less soundstage), and like the Havi, need an amp to be at their best, so not the most mobile choice.

Yeah I had them amped thru a FiiO E12 Line Out from my 4th Gen iPod Touch. They were good just didn't excite me. Pretty sure I used Auvio bc stock tips sucked. I gave them to my friend and he loved them, til they were snagged in his drawer and ripped the cable from the housing lol

Would be nice to hear from my X3ii and HA2 to see how they sound but no way to do it now.

Sep 14, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #34,802 of 35,472

Yes, I follow pretty much same methodology too owing to the $ conversion rate. :). Even I have been on the hunt for an upgrade to my IEM 500 since I got it. However, most popular options here seem to be FOTM and just FOTM around that price except maybe Pai Audio model at around 130$. I'm targeting ER4SR now. Maybe in 3-4 months if all goes as planned. Also, want to get Havi B3 Pro for reference sometime when my wallet permits.

After looking at the X1 V2, I can't wait to hear real-world reviews of that touch-wheel. I'm a sucker for navigating with wheel and It will remain as my fav option when touch-screens will obliterate whatever few models we have. If the X1 V2 turns out to be as good as the real wheel mechanism, I can't wait to see X3 V2 with same touch wheel implementation.

Just found this - http://www.frontendaudio.com/Fostex-TE-02-Headphones-p/9999-11640.htm. Not sure if anybody can vouch for this seller/shop but looks like a damn good deal. Looks like it is out of stock. You are right about moderately elevated bass. Its there when you look for it else, gets along with all other freqs. So, as of now, Havi - 1, E80 - 0. I had both of these on my radar but never came across a comparison.

TBH, I don't recall the SQ and SS of the PL50 but i just loved the comfort and I used to forget I was wearing them. HF5 came close but I guess over the ear fit has it's own advantage in this regard. If I remember correctly, even cable was pretty soft and not microphonic.

I had the first gen X1, screen died and have X3II currently. Many have panned the scroll wheel but I have 0 issues with it. It can be tedious if you have a large volume of music and us the by artist search but it's not that bad IMO. I have a 200gb card with only 16 gb free and 6290 songs and I regularly will pay an entire artist's collection, you can scroll backward and forward and it always starts at A. For instance I am playing all my Rush right now(5 albums) it took literally 20 seconds to scroll to Rush and press all songs.
The tactile feel of the wheel is fine, it feels solid and positive clicks when used for volume or other selections. Touch screens do minimize some of the inconveniences of this manual input but I am very satisfied with both my Fiio players and their wheel input.  

Sep 14, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #34,803 of 35,472
  I had the first gen X1, screen died and have X3II currently. Many have panned the scroll wheel but I have 0 issues with it. It can be tedious if you have a large volume of music and us the by artist search but it's not that bad IMO. I have a 200gb card with only 16 gb free and 6290 songs and I regularly will pay an entire artist's collection, you can scroll backward and forward and it always starts at A. For instance I am playing all my Rush right now(5 albums) it took literally 20 seconds to scroll to Rush and press all songs.
The tactile feel of the wheel is fine, it feels solid and positive clicks when used for volume or other selections. Touch screens do minimize some of the inconveniences of this manual input but I am very satisfied with both my Fiio players and their wheel input.  

yes, I miss how easy it was with my Sansa fuze to keep scrolling through the long lists which have messy metadata. My biggest problem right now with X3 is that I give up on trying to find few songs which I really want to listen. Since then, I have started working on tagging my favorite albums but it could be ages before all the songs in my collection are properly tagged. :)

Sep 14, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #34,804 of 35,472
Also the E80 sounds like a slightly fuller single BA, but with no sibilance. The highs are just shy of sparkly because the warm tilt tuning keeps them from creeping into this territory. It's ability to dig up details is above average, but clarity is average, so you will hear the micro details, but they won't be forward. It's more background. It can dig up details in the mix, but will present them as just audible as opposed to very audible. Mids are smooth and present, but not edgy or dynamic. I'd describe the SM E80 mids as dry and present, while gaining it's bite from the highs. Bass is just barely above neutral, with INSANE speed and resolution, but lacking impact or sub bass slam.

That "insane speed" always makes me grin! :D And yea I prefer bass quality over quantity but these days I'm spoilt. I need that slam too. Not sure if there is a decent IEM in this price range that can do both, slam and speed yet deliver a relatively neutral sound.

Sep 14, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #34,805 of 35,472

That "insane speed" always makes me grin! :D And yea I prefer bass quality over quantity but these days I'm spoilt. I need that slam too. Not sure if there is a decent IEM in this price range that can do both, slam and speed yet deliver a relatively neutral sound.

there are more neutral options but it's hard to go wrong with the kz zs3 for all these. sub bass is certaiinly there but it's more felt than heard.

Sep 14, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #34,806 of 35,472

there are more neutral options but it's hard to go wrong with the kz zs3 for all these. sub bass is certaiinly there but it's more felt than heard.

I thought they looked awesome but with the recent Xe 800 and hyped-up 4 in 1, it was easy to ignore. Now, one more thing on wish-list, thanks to you vapman.

Sep 14, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #34,808 of 35,472
  Can you describe these two setups?

Man does work ever get in the way!

Starcraft and gosod, Lurk is correct in the first photo that is my Wokei-ized carbon look FiiO X3ii. Got it when FiiO offered it to original X3 buyers for $159.95. When I saw your question I was not sure if you wanted the difference in the two systems sound signature or just what items were in the rigs themselves.

That first rig is the FiiO X3ii, Topping NX1 amp and Havi B3 Pro 1's. However I have found the Topping NX2 to be a cleaner sounding amp than the NX1 especially with the X3ii as shown here with the venerable SE215's
wink_face.gif

Second setup is my 30GB Ltd. Ed.U2 iPod Classic dressed in a Yo-Tank, FiiO LOD out to Martin's Hybrid Valve Amp driving a pair of the unmentionable DQSM D2002 cable out with a silver plated 8 core.

beerchug.gif

Sep 14, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #34,809 of 35,472
You shouldn't be worried. Since the tracking number of yours already seems to be working and your package is in all likelihood at its final stage of exiting the host nation. Mine may be a case of an exception, I guess (with stocks running out and the seller not willing to admit it for nearly 2 weeks, wasting my time).
Not worried. Ordered enough from AE and HCK to know that. Always a surprise when something turns up unannounced. Shame that one of the more reputable sellers gave you a bad service.

Sep 14, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #34,810 of 35,472
Got my VIVO XE800's today in an enveloppe with a big fat footprint on it so I feared the worst. Luckily it was undamaged and listening to them as I type this. I LOVE the openness of the sound and the details in the treble. Also no 'woolly' bass. Glad I bought those. Not fatiguing at all for my ears. Feels like I'll enjoy them for some time to come provided I can keep them whole. Bought a new pair as a backup. 

Sep 14, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #34,812 of 35,472

Man does work ever get in the way!

Starcraft and gosod, Lurk is correct in the first photo that is my Wokei-ized carbon look FiiO X3ii. Got it when FiiO offered it to original X3 buyers for $159.95. When I saw your question I was not sure if you wanted the difference in the two systems sound signature or just what items were in the rigs themselves.

That first rig is the FiiO X3ii, Topping NX1 amp and Havi B3 Pro 1's. However I have found the Topping NX2 to be a cleaner sounding amp than the NX1 especially with the X3ii as shown here with the venerable SE215's
wink_face.gif

Second setup is my 30GB Ltd. Ed.U2 iPod Classic dressed in a Yo-Tank, FiiO LOD out to Martin's Hybrid Valve Amp driving a pair of the unmentionable DQSM D2002 cable out with a silver plated 8 core.

beerchug.gif

Is he still making those Hybrid Tube amps? Might have to take the plunge for something different for a change. 

Sep 14, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #34,813 of 35,472

I thought they looked awesome but with the recent Xe 800 and hyped-up 4 in 1, it was easy to ignore. Now, one more thing on wish-list, thanks to you vapman.

I received the KZ ATE yesterday and with the same reduction in midbass via EQ that I apply to my UM3X, the ATE becomes the best IEM I have for Hip Hop and the closest to sounding like full sized headphones.  It's the biggest sounding IEM I've heard along with my dual dynamic TDK IE800.  The music it excels with is more enhanced by it's sound signature than any other IEM I have. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back