Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #31,936 of 35,472
Gave in and ordered OPPO HA-2...
redface.gif

Also had this very different, for me, tip rolling experience. I've had a bit of problems finding good tips, so this morning, I just picked a pair that fit very well, got a good seal etc. Because I had to leave, I just did a quick listen to hear that it sounded okay. Then on the commute, I noted crazy sibilance.

Every time I listened to a song with forward vocals, there were super sharp ssssssssssss. I'm pretty sensitive to sibilance, so on some songs it was so sharp I actually cringed. The IEMs aren't sibilant with other tips, and I've never experienced such a big difference before. Pretty interesting, goes to show how important tip rolling is

Jul 28, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #31,937 of 35,472
Some quick impressions on my last purchases:

LZ A2s: Many headfiers already cover the subject, so I will only add my voice to say that they sound really good, maybe a tiny bit V-shaped, but I don't feel the need for EQ. My complaint is on the shells ( and nozzles ), I find them a bit large for my ears, please LZ could you make an OTE with detachable cable?

Vivo XE800: I already own the GR07 mkII, but I couldn't resist for the price to get my hands on iems that are supposed to use the same driver as one of the $100 champion. They don't exactly sound the same, GR07 is warmer, while XE800 is more on the clear side ( but not bright ) and has a high frequency peak that accentuates some details. Overall really good sound, confortable but the cable is slightly rubbery and I don't like and don't need the remote.

Remax RM-600M: It is a full BA iem, so you don't get the bass response you're accustomed  to get from DD, there is also a peak at 3kHz ( guesstimation ) that need to be EQed. If you have these earphones try +3dB at 100Hz and -3dB at 3kHz, it is just a quick correction, but I already get a better FR. Cable is acceptable, comfort and isolation are good.

Rose n°7: Fairly expensive for a DD+BA compared to all the chinese earphones we got lately, but you get a very well made iem, shells are comfortable, fit and finish is excellent. They are well tuned but I find the bass prominent, I prefer a little EQ on these.

YHS 001: I bought these earphones because there was a lot of accessories and the MMCX cable looked good, I'm not disappointed, the cable is soft, flexible with color coded metal plugs, many tips ( standard thin wall + KZ standard + KZ spiral ) and a case. I was ready for a crappy and agressive sound, well no, too much bass, that's all, the iem sound balanced, soft and overall pretty good. Our japanese friends seem to like it considering all the sales on HCK. For the price ( $15 ), that's an excellent bundle.

This is very informative! Thanks! In your opinion which is much better for male vocals? Xe800 or rm-600m? Currently listening to grunge and alterntive rock, already got the a2s and I just love how thick and airy the vocals are but treble detail may be lacking for me. Thinking about purchasing one of those i mention :)

Jul 28, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #31,939 of 35,472
  ...decided to order "two" **** 4in1's -one in black and one in silver! They cost me 228 RMB each ($34 US dollars each).

I`m going to wait for impressions but damn my finger is itching to pull trigger on those new senfers -.-

Lets say I got "burned" littlebit with A2S (they are really good but have on specific issue for my taste - read A2S thread). Luckily I got them for 49€ instead ~70€.
I`m now holding all my money "back" from getting any new IEM just because of impulse. Gotta do more research what to get next.

I also got a chance to listen to Musicmaker TK13 yesterday and I have question about them - does their highs "sibilance" and "tinny" treble smooth out with burn-in ?
for me they had too "tszz tszz" sibilance treble (especially cymbals) despite trying different tips. Otherwise they sounded good, I quess, but no wow effect.
Atm, I think I`m glad I didn`t jump on them. Even if their treble calms down, didn`t seem to be much special to get them. 

Jul 28, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #31,940 of 35,472
I tested tips... best is foam tips. They absorb Sibilance but also take away trebles.

Sony Hybrid tips can help also.

My own other solution is JVC spiral dots silicon tips with self custom comply foam underneath.

Jul 28, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #31,941 of 35,472
Originally Posted by CoiL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I`m now holding all my money "back" from getting any new IEM just because of impulse. Gotta do more research what to get next.

wise decision, unless you have the money and willing to collect them. better to think it twice (even ten times) before pulling the trigger.
i've collected a bunch of them recently, and i'm gifting/selling most of 'em. at last, you'll only use a few ones, your favorites. so better wait and save cash for a good one, which you can test before buying, or which have enough contrasted detailed reviews from good reviewers, so you can be sure they have the signature and characteristics you are searching for. there are superb reviewers here; in my case, i follow HifiCris' reviews specially, because of their great detail, and because i usually like same signatures he is seeking for. will be always grateful to him, because i reached my best iems thanks to his reviews (but also to great others' ones, forgive me not to mention them).

Jul 28, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #31,942 of 35,472
I received hslx808 today, had ordered them a month ago. Out of the box I find their treble to be too much for my taste. They almost have superlux level of treble!
To all owners of hslx808, will the treble subside with burn in? Does covering the vent impacts the treble too? I am very treble sensitive, but I love the extra details that enhanced treble brings....It's a sad thing.

Due to their treble they are very incompatible with the songs I usually listen too. Otherwise they are a good earphone. :')

Jul 28, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #31,943 of 35,472
I received hslx808 today, had ordered them a month ago. Out of the box I find their treble to be too much for my taste. They almost have superlux level of treble!
To all owners of hslx808, will the treble subside with burn in? Does covering the vent impacts the treble too? I am very treble sensitive, but I love the extra details that enhanced treble brings....It's a sad thing.

Due to their treble they are very incompatible with the songs I usually listen too. Otherwise they are a good earphone. :')

I found them like that at first but after burn-in and changing to wide bore tips they came good for me (or my brain adjusted).

Jul 28, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #31,944 of 35,472
I`m going to wait for impressions but damn my finger is itching to pull trigger on those new senfers -.-

Lets say I got "burned" littlebit with A2S (they are really good but have on specific issue for my taste - read A2S thread). Luckily I got them for 49€ instead ~70€.

I also got a chance to listen to Musicmaker TK13 yesterday and I have question about them - does their highs "sibilance" and "tinny" treble smooth out with burn-in ?
for me they had too "tszz tszz" sibilance treble (especially cymbals) despite trying different tips. Otherwise they sounded good, I quess, but no wow effect.
Atm, I think I`m glad I didn`t jump on them. Even if their treble calms down, didn`t seem to be much special to get them. 

Yes, burn in. I also recently switched from Auvios to Large Spiral Dots and it made the sound even better. I'm treble sensitive and TK13 are one of my favorites

Do not just OOTB, wait at the very least 50hrs, they really kick in around 100-150 hrs

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #31,946 of 35,472

OK, you two are killing me. Link to the **** 4 N 1
redface.gif

I'd also like to thank Ewen for the Imps as I have the Rose N0. 7's on their way to me now
tongue_smile.gif

beerchug.gif

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #31,947 of 35,472
A while ago, when I was looking for iems for small ears, I was recommended Joyroom E107, which I bought. They are indeed very comfortable to wear and do not fall off my ears (hooray!). However, I dislike the sound A LOT. They lack bass (I don't consider myself a basshead, but I appreciate it in decent quantities) and the highs are just piercing. I usually use no EQ, but with E107 I have to use hip-hop or R&B EQ in order to reduce the highs. Electric guitar solos and too high vocals will make my ears bleed.

So here is where I'm clueless, because I have read reviews that say that the bass is decent and the highs soft (sort of) so: 1) my E107 are defective, or 2) they are not for me and I'm more inclined to bass than I thought. 

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #31,949 of 35,472
This is very informative! Thanks! In your opinion which is much better for male vocals? Xe800 or rm-600m? Currently listening to grunge and alterntive rock, already got the a2s and I just love how thick and airy the vocals are but treble detail may be lacking for me. Thinking about purchasing one of those i mention
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd personnaly opt for the XE800, it is basically a very good iem that used to be sold for $100 and that you can get today for $25. The problem with the Remax is the peak around 3kHz, you don't want this on any iem, the RM-600M needs EQ in my opinion, not the XE800.
The Vivo is also more comfortable due to its articulated nozzle.
But if you are not satified with A2s treble, I'm not sure any of these will give you what you're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back