Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #30,602 of 35,472

its wider more of a concert feel yet intimate vocals

Thank you. I care all the three directions. How about the soundstage depth and height about H6? The merit of IE80/800 is that they have sensible size in all the THREE directions. Especially height, many budgeted products just have no height almost.
BTW, I use Valhalla 2 to drive IE800. I have no portable gear to dig the full potential of IE800's soundstage.

Jun 30, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #30,603 of 35,472

Thank you. I care all the three directions. How about the soundstage depth and height about H6? The merit of IE80/800 is that they have sensible size in all the THREE directions. Especially height, many budgeted products just have no height almost.
BTW, I use Valhalla 2 to drive IE800. I have no portable gear to dig the full potential of IE800's soundstage.

quite deep but not as deep as ie800 again vi is a vocals iem

Jun 30, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #30,604 of 35,472

quite deep but not as deep as ie800 again vi is a vocals iem

Oh, I see.
beerchug.gif

Jun 30, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #30,605 of 35,472
@Lurk650
 was it you who had the Lker iem and if so was it either l6 or l8? They look pretty nice. I prefer the look of the l8 but it looks like a true bass monster. The FR on the l6 looks more appealing to me.

Nope not me... Are the Auglamor EE only? Curra might have forgot to reopen them, like Twins TK13 review

Jun 30, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #30,606 of 35,472
  So, no comparison with those listed songs 808 vs. BK50 coming? Many of those songs are available to listen with OK quality on internet, bandcamp, youtube, vimeo etc. 
rolleyes.gif

Edit - fix: I meant BK50 not BK35. 

Many of those sites are banned or blocked in China. I'll try in the weekend to type the English names from your list and see if they can be downloaded through the Baidu website. Is a hassle here since everything here is in Chinese. Though, a lot of my list consist of different genders is mostly in Chinese....sorry.
smile.gif

Jun 30, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #30,607 of 35,472

Now, I did compare both and incredibly they are very similar in soundstage and presentation.

The BK50 has a slightly clearer midrange favoring more the females, while the luscious 808's lower mids really shine with male vocals. Instrument separation and imaging are almost on par with each other with a type of fine tuning almost as if resembling the same family of IEM's. With the treble, the 808 still maintains a crisp signature (which I really like), while the BK50 plays it really detailed, transparent, but smooth! Bass (and sub-bass) on both can play deep and clear without ever overpowering the rest of the spectrum! 808 plays it fuller, quick, and punchy, while the BK50 plays it quick, tight and detailed.

How do you wear BK50? Is it possible over ear?

Jun 30, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #30,608 of 35,472

How do you wear BK50? Is it possible over ear?

No, they just slip right in and hang downward.....just the way I like them. Now, if you want to wear them over the ears, just switch the earphones to the opposite sides (from left to right, right to left), then the housing will fit nicely in the ears, while the wires hangs comfortably over your ears. If you prefer this way, it actually works well only if the flipping of left and right channels don't bother you.

Jun 30, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #30,609 of 35,472

No, they just slip right in and hang downward.....just the way I like them. Now, if you want to wear them over the ears, just switch the earphones to the opposite sides (from left to right, right to left), then the housing will fit nicely in the ears, while the wires hangs comfortably over your ears. If you prefer this way, it actually works well only if the flipping of left and right channels don't bother you.

Okay thanks 
wink_face.gif

When I look at the shape of BK50, I guessed it was the only way to wear them over the ear.

In general when I wear the few iems I have with over the ear style, I have a better imaging, like left and right channels blended well together, making kind of bubble around my head.
When I wear it downward, it's more like just sound from left and right..
Well, maybe it's just me 
rolleyes.gif

If BK50 doesn't need that to sound like this, they will be on my list for next purchase but there is also pmv a-01 mkii 
biggrin.gif

I enjoy 808 for the moment, as long as I can. Haha

Jun 30, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #30,610 of 35,472
Nope not me... Are the Auglamor EE only? Curra might have forgot to reopen them, like Twins TK13 review

The Auglamour are available from HCK as are the Lker. Wish I was in a position to grab some for a listen but after the PM4 buy.....it's going to be a very reserved month for me. 
tongue.gif

Jun 30, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #30,611 of 35,472
  Okay thanks 
wink_face.gif

When I look at the shape of BK50, I guessed it was the only way to wear them over the ear.

In general when I wear the few iems I have with over the ear style, I have a better imaging, like left and right channels blended well together, making kind of bubble around my head.
When I wear it downward, it's more like just sound from left and right..
Well, maybe it's just me 
rolleyes.gif

If BK50 doesn't need that to sound like this, they will be on my list for next purchase but there is also pmv a-01 mkii 
biggrin.gif

I enjoy 808 for the moment, as long as I can. Haha

The BK50 compliments the 808's really well! It would be very hard for me to pass on the BK50. They're just that good!

Jun 30, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #30,614 of 35,472
HLSX808 can be bought on Aliexpress and Amazon too. Unfortunately no BK50 on Amazon yet.

So, no comparison with those listed songs 808 vs. BK50 coming? Many of those songs are available to listen with OK quality on internet, bandcamp, youtube, vimeo etc. 
rolleyes.gif

Edit - fix: I meant BK50 not BK35. 

Many of those sites are banned or blocked in China. I'll try in the weekend to type the English names from your list and see if they can be downloaded through the Baidu website. Is a hassle here since everything here is in Chinese. Though, a lot of my list consist of different genders is mostly in Chinese....sorry. 
smile.gif

Thanks in advance! Maybe I can just upload some clips of those songs (play as loop) to somewhere You can access from China? Uploading them in just a clip from the full song I shouldn`t violate artist rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back