Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 1, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #28,771 of 35,472
@loomisjohnson Joyroom E107, small but hugely impressive, they are a must-have or rather a must-listen :) you should not be dissapointed!

i finally got these e107s from gearbest--initially i was underwhelmed since i've gotten acclimated to a bigger soundstage/more energetic presentation (i.e. tk12s, hlsx808) and since i felt subbass was absent. after some further, however, i succumbed to their charms--they really are very accurate, open and natural sounding--the 10x more expensive tk12s actually sound a bit congested in comparison--the 107s are a nice change of pace from the typical v-shaped, "consumer oriented" sound of most of the budget phones hyped on these pages. despite their tiny size and purported high sensitivity, i do find them surprisingly hard to drive--you really need to crank up the volume to make 'em shine. anyway, thanks for the rec.

Jun 1, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #28,772 of 35,472
loomisjohnson, how are 808 standing up against TK12 ? What are their main most noticeable differences?

Jun 1, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #28,773 of 35,472

Arrived today.. dissapointed that these does not have the MusicMaker logo, Maple got zero print whatsoever, TW1 is actually written T61..
left MusicMaker TK Maple, right MusicMaker TW1..
dont have the chance to have an impression yet.

Yeah it does suck no markings on the Maples. I put a small rubber band over the right one so I'm able to tell which side it is without having to look

Jun 1, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #28,774 of 35,472
Does it really make a difference whether you have left/right of a headphone in your ears.. Sonically
.. Not physically

Sent from my MI 4S using Tapatalk

Jun 1, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #28,775 of 35,472
Yeah it does suck no markings on the Maples. I put a small rubber band over the right one so I'm able to tell which side it is without having to look

But they sound awesome right? When you offer bargain for your buck it seems corners are often cut. This reminds me of the QC issues in the KZ thread:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Compared to some of these new manufacturers and DIY makers KZ are mass produced. Seems a bit become obsolete within a month of build when a new model is just waiting to be done. Guess if you approach with the attitude you may be buying a collectors item your good but I don't have that kind of experimental cash:smirk:

So are the maples better than the Shozy Zero as far as wood shells go? Just curious because I still love the look if the K4 but most say both the maple and Zero eat their lunch? Just some musings by the Pod this AM:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:

Jun 1, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #28,776 of 35,472
musicmaker tw1
tongue.gif

eagerly waiting for it!
any impressions?

Jun 1, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #28,777 of 35,472
  loomisjohnson, how are 808 standing up against TK12 ? What are their main most noticeable differences?

well, the tk12 is "technically superior" in the sense of having more overall clarity and detail and in its seamless driver integration--there's no bleed-over between frequencies. the 808 (which i'm now led to believe is actually the bk35 or bk 50, since mine are wood) is more energetic and forward, with more bass quantity (tho not depth) and brighter, but less extended treble. overall, i reach for the more exciting 808s more than the more analytical/refined tk12s.
as a related aside, i've come to rate the audiosense as20 (which gets little attention on these forums) on a par with the 808--the as20 has a bit less bass energy and brightness and might be a tad less fatiguing as a result. the as20 tends to "disappear" more than the 808--you get more immersed in the overall presentation and less in a particular instrument or frequency.
in general, i'm coming to believe that (for many people) the law of diminishing returns kicks in forcefully at this $40-50 level of iem--for someone like myself who listens mainly to 320kb spotify thru a mobile phone, i query how much incremental improvement you'd get by moving up the foodchain.
have a great day, y'all

Jun 1, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #28,778 of 35,472

The two new earbuds I got are on the left, have the Mojito and Monk here for comparison.  It occurs to me after I took the pic that the difference in foam thickness could make the actual size difference not so apparent.  They'll be on the burner for a little bit, so I'm curious to see if I can notice any audible changes around 100 hours or so...  and of course I just now realized I didn't post this in the earbuds thread.

Jun 1, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #28,779 of 35,472

well, the tk12 is "technically superior" in the sense of having more overall clarity and detail and in its seamless driver integration--there's no bleed-over between frequencies. the 808 (which i'm now led to believe is actually the bk35 or bk 50, since mine are wood) is more energetic and forward, with more bass quantity (tho not depth) and brighter, but less extended treble. overall, i reach for the more exciting 808s more than the more analytical/refined tk12s.
as a related aside, i've come to rate the audiosense as20 (which gets little attention on these forums) on a par with the 808--the as20 has a bit less bass energy and brightness and might be a tad less fatiguing as a result. the as20 tends to "disappear" more than the 808--you get more immersed in the overall presentation and less in a particular instrument or frequency.
in general, i'm coming to believe that (for many people) the law of diminishing returns kicks in forcefully at this $40-50 level of iem--for someone like myself who listens mainly to 320kb spotify thru a mobile phone, i query how much incremental improvement you'd get by moving up the foodchain.
have a great day, y'all

Yes, the BK35 is wooden. The 808 has a metal housing.

Jun 1, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #28,780 of 35,472
Just a heads up, the purple Rose Puddin has dropped from $430 to $387 on Aliexpress, and somebody has actually ordered one!  I'm hoping it's one of us, but could just be some random person who won't be able to pop in and leave an impression.

Jun 1, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #28,781 of 35,472
But they sound awesome right? When you offer bargain for your buck it seems corners are often cut. This reminds me of the QC issues in the KZ thread:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Compared to some of these new manufacturers and DIY makers KZ are mass produced. Seems a bit become obsolete within a month of build when a new model is just waiting to be done. Guess if you approach with the attitude you may be buying a collectors item your good but I don't have that kind of experimental cash:smirk:

So are the maples better than the Shozy Zero as far as wood shells go? Just curious because I still love the look if the K4 but most say both the maple and Zero eat their lunch? Just some musings by the Pod this AM:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:

You've probably heard me say it before but I think the K4 are stellar performers. Note that I don't use the stock tips. I use some large generic wide bores which sound better to me than the stocks. I do use the stock tips on the Shozy and they have better detail but aren't as bright. They both have a similar amount of bass though the Shozy's is a bit tighter. The k4 is also quite strong in the mids with less roll off on the highs. 

I've had the Maples on my list for weeks and if Akmola Lola is positive about them I'll pull the trigger as I've wanted to compare them with the K4 since they showed up. Lurk has been praising them with gusto.

Jun 1, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #28,782 of 35,472
Jun 1, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #28,784 of 35,472
  You've probably heard me say it before but I think the K4 are stellar performers. Note that I don't use the stock tips. I use some large generic wide bores which sound better to me than the stocks. I do use the stock tips on the Shozy and they have better detail but aren't as bright. They both have a similar amount of bass though the Shozy's is a bit tighter. The k4 is also quite strong in the mids with less roll off on the highs. 

I've had the Maples on my list for weeks and if Akmola Lola is positive about them I'll pull the trigger as I've wanted to compare them with the K4 since they showed up. Lurk has been praising them with gusto.

Yeah Crabby I knew you liked yours but seems many feel the Maples and Zero's are superior to the K4 by what I've read. I'm sure if their individual prices are considered they are all pretty good
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Jun 1, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #28,785 of 35,472

Yeah Crabby I knew you liked yours but seems many feel the Maples and Zero's are superior to the K4 by what I've read. I'm sure if their individual prices are considered they are all pretty good
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

well collect them all. there are no bad iems just how you work your setup around it
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back