Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #28,742 of 35,472
This ties in with what the BK35 designer was quoted as saying about them a few pages ago. He sees them as a step up over 808s for audio enthusiasts. Based on my experience with HLSX 808s (we will always have Rarotonga xo) Id imagine them to be excellent bang for buck and a warmer signature with wooden housing..

I'll be getting BK35, soon to review and confirm the SQ and QC differences!......thanks to [u][color=rgb(0, 102, 204)]MaGaosi[/color][/u] and his team!

How about the 600m against the HLSX 808?

Well? I think 'TWIN' said it best! 
wink.gif

"-My personal opinion here is that BAs just can't deliver the impact or naturalness of a Dynamic for Bass and Sub Bass frequencies. Having the combination gives the best of both worlds"  

(Link: http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/28695#post_12619231)

May 31, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #28,743 of 35,472

I'll be getting BK35, soon to review and confirm the SQ and QC differences!......thanks to [u][color=rgb(0, 102, 204)]MaGaosi[/color][/u] and his team!

Well? I think 'TWIN' said it best! 
wink.gif

"-My personal opinion here is that BAs just can't deliver the impact or naturalness of a Dynamic for Bass and Sub Bass frequencies. Having the combination gives the best of both worlds"  

(Link: http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/28695#post_12619231)

How soon is soon? :D  There's some competition in this area now with Qingyin-20 and LZ-A2S (although those two are slightly more expensive).

May 31, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #28,744 of 35,472
I'll be getting BK35, soon to review and confirm the SQ and QC differences!......thanks to [U][COLOR=0066CC]MaGaosi[/COLOR][/U] and his team!

Well? I think 'TWIN' said it best!  :wink:

Looking forward to you impressions / review of the 35s!

+1 On the DD+BA Hybrid has historically proven to provide best of both worlds (warmth, bass quantity and quality) over an all BA IEM (Neutral , flat) . A good example of this might be a comparison between BR5 and Rose Pudding if someones spendy enough..

May 31, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #28,745 of 35,472
i have obtained the MusicMaker quad BA enhanced and am I impressed?

Yes, yes I am...

This thing is very neutral, bass is tight like Classic BA bass. Mids are slightly, slightly forward and highs extend and resolve very nicely. Soundstage is taller than wide but still reasonably wide. Just above average size but imaging and separation are top notch. Details are superb too, sounds similar to the fidue A73 but taller, leaner and airier. It doesn't have the enhanced hybrid bass like the A73 so the whole signature sounds flatter. This is a winner in my book and after only 3 hours of listening I'm loving the neutral tuning of this beast. It's driven by my J3 just fine which is great, but sounds better from my X5 because of its better DAC. I haven't found a fault yet an have only good things to say. This is a refined and well tuned iem that punches up to the top of the mid tier for sure IMHO. MR Z has tuned a neutral iem into his line up and I wish I owned the 535 or 864 to compare it to.
I can't find the link but you can view it on the MusicMaker Taobao store and I bought mine through HCK on Ali and of course the other top two Ali seller could probably obtain it for you. Just message them.
These are just my 3 hour impressions so they may change over time but separation gets a special mention with these because they separate like (from memory [Thanks to Tamal] the mighty VE Duke).

Are You talking about ShockwaveIII ?

This ties in with what the BK35 designer was quoted as saying about them a few pages ago. He sees them as a step up over 808s for audio enthusiasts. Based on my experience with HLSX 808s (we will always have Rarotonga xo) Id imagine them to be excellent bang for buck and a warmer signature with wooden housing..

MaGaosi is with us now in head-fi? Great! Welcome! 
Can`t wait to hear impressions BK35 vs. 808.

May 31, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #28,746 of 35,472
I think he's talking about the Shock Wave III

I believe he was one of the first to receive the Shockwaves along with Twin. The Shockwaves also have a DD and are not mid emphasized like he's talking about. So these ate not his impressions on the Shockwaves.

@Skullophile
 Is it just MusicMaker quad BA? enhanced? We should give it a name :)

could you send me a link? (or specific keywords to search to find it on AliExpress)

Sounds like it sounds amazing :p

Just saw the end of your post (@Skullophile) not sure if you edited or I missed it somehow but sorry for asking questions you already answered.

Jun 1, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #28,747 of 35,472
Shozy Zero is my main IEM now, what other rival that has similiar signature but with lower bass quantity?

Jun 1, 2016 at 2:04 AM Post #28,752 of 35,472

I think he's talking about the Shock Wave III

I believe he was one of the first to receive the Shockwaves along with Twin. The Shockwaves also have a DD and are not mid emphasized like he's talking about. So these ate not his impressions on the Shockwaves.

@Skullophile
 Is it just MusicMaker quad BA? enhanced? We should give it a name
smily_headphones1.gif

could you send me a link? (or specific keywords to search to find it on AliExpress)

Sounds like it sounds amazing :p

Just saw the end of your post (@Skullophile) not sure if you edited or I missed it somehow but sorry for asking questions you already answered.

Took a look at Mr-Z / Musicmaker Taobao site and I belive he is talking about MrZ-4 which is put inside Shure 535 shells and is Quad-BA. Frequency graph certainly reflects what he is describing: 

Just for comparing... here are:
TK11:

TK12:

TK13 (TO12):

(This seems to be WRONG graph! Taobao shop doesn`t provide TK13 graph and AE sellers seem to have taken TK12 graph)

ShockwaveIII:

(I wonder what he is showing as K3 on graph ??? )

Jun 1, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #28,754 of 35,472
Shozy Zero is my main IEM now, what other rival that has similiar signature but with lower bass quantity?

Big fan of the Zeros too! .. if your talking similar budget to the Shozys then possibly the BK35, they too have wood housing, warmish signature, no idea about bass quantity yet but tour getting a DD+2xBA. Clearheads got BK35 on the way and a few others.. the TK Maple another wood is worth looking into also.. search it in these forums its quite recent. .

Jun 1, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #28,755 of 35,472
Big fan of the Zeros too! .. if your talking similar budget to the Shozys then possibly the BK35, they too have wood housing, warmish signature, no idea about bass quantity yet but tour getting a DD+2xBA. Clearheads got BK35 on the way and a few others.. the TK Maple another wood is worth looking into also.. search it in these forums its quite recent. .

Hope to get some BK35 impressions soonish. Very interested in this model, even if I have some other IEM's on the way. I don't have a DD+2xBA one yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back