Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #28,666 of 35,472
May 31, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #28,667 of 35,472
Hello guys, I've been lurking this thread for about two months now after my Xiaomi Pistons 2.1 died on me (wire got bitten off by a household rat). I just ordered my first set of 'phones HLSX BK35, Joyroom E107, Rock Zircon. I hope they sound way better than Pistons. Will share my impressions once they arrive.

Thanks for your recommendations!

May 31, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #28,669 of 35,472
Hello, I'm new here

I listen to punk rock songs like NOFX, The Ramones, The Clash and I'm looking for a sub $30 dollars IEM, anybody can recommend me one?

Thank you!

As crabdog said, the Maple sounds fantastic with Rock music. If in the US, grab a pack of Auvio tips off EBay, Amazon or tour local RadioShack. If they have them.

May 31, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #28,671 of 35,472
May 31, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #28,672 of 35,472
Got my TK13 to over 200hrs. They have hit the sweet spot of Bass and Treble coherency. I may never buy another single dynamic again.

interesting to see how long you lasted hahahhaa 

May 31, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #28,673 of 35,472
For those who are interested in HLSX--808 or BK35, you can now get them on Amazon. It's the official distribution channel and stock provided directly by HLSX. Search for "Magaosi". For BK35, it's cheaper on Amazon than on AE or Taobao.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01G9Y1612/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1464675776&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=magaosi&dpPl=1&dpID=31VSgRFHHbL&ref=plSrch

May 31, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #28,674 of 35,472
  Hello, I'm new here

I listen to punk rock songs like NOFX, The Ramones, The Clash and I'm looking for a sub $30 dollars IEM, anybody can recommend me one?

Thank you!

With the head-fi discount, you are right in line for getting the HLSX-808. I use these and listen to tons of Clash, Joy Division, Buzzcocks, Killing Joke etc. These sound GREAT with all genres of Rock. Wanna special treat? Wanna hear stuff you never heard before? Want something that will outclass some earphones 10 or even 20 times the price of these? Do it. Just do it dude. Msg Easy on AliEX and say you want the Head-fi member discount.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-Origina-HLSX-808-HLSX-18-Hybridd-In-Ear-Earphone-Dual-Driver-BA-With-DD-HIFI/32651444226.html

May 31, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #28,675 of 35,472
  The HLSX-808 are growing on me!

I didn't like them much in my initial impressions, but burn in (not sure if it's my ears or the drivers) has made something great out of these. The treble is no longer piercing to my sensitive eardrums at any . The bass, which was originally a bit boomy, has now tamed to just being emphasized, but not interfering. Midrange hasn't changed much, it's a little cold, but accurate. Maybe I'm just noticing, but I think soundstage has improved.

I'll be reviewing the HLSX-808 as soon as school is over in a week! (KZ-HDS1 coming after)

Exactly the same experience over here. Boomy bass got reigned in and the slight harshness disappeared also. For the price it's an incredible experience. On the other hand the midrange is for my taste too thin (or cold as you say). I like a warmer sound signature than this one. So because of the low price on Easy I ordered yesterday the 1 more triple driver. Let's see if this one will suit my tastes more. I also think I'm done with buying iems under 50$.

May 31, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #28,676 of 35,472

The HLSX-808 are growing on me!

I didn't like them much in my initial impressions, but burn in (not sure if it's my ears or the drivers) has made something great out of these. The treble is no longer piercing to my sensitive eardrums at any . The bass, which was originally a bit boomy, has now tamed to just being emphasized, but not interfering. Midrange hasn't changed much, it's a little cold, but accurate. Maybe I'm just noticing, but I think soundstage has improved.

I'll be reviewing the HLSX-808 as soon as school is over in a week! (KZ-HDS1 coming after)

Exactly the same experience over here. Boomy bass got reigned in and the slight harshness disappeared also. For the price it's an incredible experience. On the other hand the midrange is for my taste too thin (or cold as you say). I like a warmer sound signature than this one. So because of the low price on Easy I ordered yesterday the 1 more triple driver. Let's see if this one will suit my tastes more. I also think I'm done with buying iems under 50$.

Hope it wont be the case with me. Well... at same time I "hope so" ...so I could order BK35 wood or BK50 
biggrin.gif

May 31, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #28,677 of 35,472
  Hope it wont be the case with me. Well... at same time I "hope so" ...so I could order BK35 wood or BK50 
biggrin.gif

We're all after this end-game iem that probably doesn't exist. I always find it strange that a new iem I'm very enthusiastic about gets bland after a while and then you crave after something new. I'm now even at a stage that I make sure a new iem arrives before the blandness sets in. A sure sign of an addiction. Good that I'm conscious of this so that I can start working on this illness. :wink: On the other hand if there was an end-game iem this hobby wouldn't be as fascinating and head-fi just a few boring posts long. What else would we do with our lives?

May 31, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #28,678 of 35,472
biggrin.gif

Aha. I'm very curious about those too but will wait for someone with a fatter wallet to try them first. After all there are so many tasty iem in that price range now and my wishlist refuses to stop growing.

May 31, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #28,679 of 35,472
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back