Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #27,077 of 35,472
Been listening to the shozy zeroes since receiving them. The first thing i felt was they were musical, like they have the toe tapping x factor to them. Really smooth, doesnt bore you with too much details and gives you the music in a manner you can really enjoy it !

I found the bass to be fairly tight though !

Yes I agree.

Something like the VE Duke or even the PMV-A01 has tighter bass to my ears though. Both the 1Plus and the Zero have considerable more bass though and the quality is really good given the amount.

If you mean that the bass don't overshadows the midrange occasionally I'd guess we just hear them different.

May 8, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #27,078 of 35,472
  They were ~56$ before tho, now they're no more expensive than the M30x.

HI2050 and Pro80 became rare, this is why they're more expensive, finding HI2050 for 40$ is a real bargain (ordered mine in November 2011 for 52$), now it's mostly around 80$.
I'm not sure M30x can compare in comfort, build and sound quality, but any source can drive it easily.

May 8, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #27,079 of 35,472
  Just published my review of the SHOZY Zero with comparisons to the PMV's and Havis:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/shozy-zero-iem/reviews/15955

Another nice review, I still have to wait a little before listening to them.

May 8, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #27,080 of 35,472
  HI2050 and Pro80 became rare, this is why they're more expensive, finding HI2050 for 40$ is a real bargain (ordered mine in November 2011 for 52$), now it's mostly around 80$.
I'm not sure M30x can compare in comfort, build and sound quality, but any source can drive it easily.

Got mine for about 6 months now, I can't complain about the build quality in any way, comfort is ideal and the clamping has been reduced to a decent level, sound quality is something I can only dream of finding in an IEM/earbud.

May 8, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #27,081 of 35,472
PAI AUDIO MR3.
Thoughts?

-> Pai Audio thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/781399/audio-pai-audio

900x900px-LL-c3d8ab91_Pai_Pate.jpeg

May 8, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #27,082 of 35,472
I have received my HLSX 808 today.
IN MY FIRST IMPRESSION, bette i.valux 10mm and HLSX 808 are same sound signature and build quality.
Earphone bag and i.valux logo on housings are only different.
I will have kept checking their difference by the end of May.

Where did you get the Bette i.valux? ....."link"  Reviewers in the beginning describe these as very bright and more focused on mid-bass.

And, where did you later get your HLSX-808's? ....."link"  I described these contrary to the to the Bette i.valux....sub-bass, with clean and crisp mids and highs. 

.....really appreciate it if you provide the links!
wink.gif

I have both.  HLSX-808 is now burned for over 60 hrs.  i.Valux 10mm has well over 100 hours.  Just started comparing them yesterday.  They are very similar, however to me, and I really need more time to compare, the HLSX-808 has less total bass but cleaner and more separated with highs really close (my 62 year old ears do not do highs so well) but again just a hair cleaner.  This is all based on quick back a forth listening and some whole song re listening.  

BUT they are really close, sometimes the extra bass made me enjoy the i.Valux more and sometimes the HLSX-808 was more enjoyable.  I would be happy with either, so which to gift to my son?

YMMV & I have the right to change my opinion,
r2

May 8, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #27,083 of 35,472
  Any go-to Chinese Bluetooth in-ears with Apt-X? I heard mentioned throughout the forum QCY but I see many variations.

I bought from Penon the Macaw T800 and teh Macaw T100 with the charging pouch: i'm still waiting for them, but they have with bluetooth 4.1 and APT-X reading the description.

May 8, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #27,085 of 35,472
I rather like this thread! Too many times on electronic hardware forums, I see Chinese parts berated for inept craftsmanship and general cheapness. Most often, comments like "the capacitors are better made in Japan, the Chinese don't employ any tolerances for quality" are set in the light, to darken the image of anything China, whether out of knowledge and through experience I may never know.

May 8, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #27,086 of 35,472
  I rather like this thread! Too many times on electronic hardware forums, I see Chinese parts berated for inept craftsmanship and general cheapness. Most often, comments like "the capacitors are better made in Japan, the Chinese don't employ any tolerances for quality" are set in the light, to darken the image of anything China, whether out of knowledge and through experience I may never know.

lol  this is true

May 8, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #27,087 of 35,472

cool.gif
Guys although I'm a little apprehensive about spending this much for an Unknown Brand I see that Easy Is now carrying the ZhiYin  QT4 and QT5. I'm very tempted to see if they measure up to The Mr. Z Shockwave III.

Easy knows what's up, Twin. I'd be surprised if you didn't like the QT5- it's a lot like the SWIII with even bigger staging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back