Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #27,046 of 35,472
  I have a bad experience of the isk jacks, they tend to break and kill a channel when broken. I'll probably choose that one next time in that case. Thank you for the information!

Good luck by the way!
QQ is very good for contacting companies like this by the way.

Sorry to hear your experience with ISK.....never had any problems with their Jacks, yet.
wink.gif

Good luck with your choices!

May 7, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #27,047 of 35,472
neglected items...how can you? :) and I can't take my Pianos out of my ears :) having had them for 3 dats I can fully recommend them as what they can offer is good clarity,nice detail and good-quality bass

Well I've been using the UEs as my daily driver surprisingly NOT because they sound a whole lot better but because the excellent cable makes them much easier to put on and take off. I still rate the Piano very highly indeed - the bass is solid yet it's so well controlled and like you say clarity and detail is there. They definitely deserve more praise (as does the K4 imo).

May 7, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #27,048 of 35,472
crabdog Enjoy your UEs! it is music what counts most, after all. They on my shortlist of the phones around 50usd, which is going to be my next purchase but first I need to get fed up with the Pianos and that will take some time I guess :)

p.s.

I recommend the album: PHILTER -THE BLOSSOM CHRONICLES

May 7, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #27,049 of 35,472
  I have had the 668B for like a year now I think. I use them mainly with my PC. They're quite neutral, the bass is subtle and quick, doesn't bleed. The highs are nice and crispy and the midrange is present. Overall very balanced headphones. As someone said before, they are harder to drive than most other headphones. To get them reasonably loud I need to set my volume to around 80 out of 120 (Fiio X3II low gain mode) whilst all my iems are already loud at around 60 volume.

A'ight! Isolation isn't a big deal, but I was used to it. There only was a handful of models I found that had full isolation. Everything's a matter of being used of, I'll just get used to the new design I guess. Thanks for the info!

I gave the HD668B and the HD681 a few hours burn-in this morning and a quick run through this afternoon. If I were picking one over the other, I'd pick the 668s over the 681. To my ears, the 668s have more controlled bass, are more detailed, and have better instrument separation - and I found myself "desk dancing" more with the 668s, so that's a PRaT win too :)

The isolation is not great on either phone and sound leakage is significant on both. I had read a review which suggested that you could use the 668s in a library at reasonable listening levels. I can only say that my definition of a reasonable listening level is clearly very different to that reviewer's. I had planned to use one of these headsets in my office but I don't think I'll be able to do that without getting lynched by the guy at the next desk!

Another factor to bear in mind is that both headphones seem to induce sweating rather easily, a hitherto unforeseen problem given the advancing summer. I've got some velour pads to pimp these headsets with but haven't had time to see how they affect either sound or the heat issue.

However, to put the above into context, the HD668s cost €29 and the 681s €19 (plus €10 shipping) and they are both very much worth their purchase price.

I just did some brief AB'ing between the 668s, my Sennheiser HD205s and Sony MDR-570s, which are both good performers within this price bracket, as well as (just for giggles) my VE Monks. I prefer the sound of the 668s over and above all of the others.

Not a gamer so I'd never heard the Skyrim music.  Very very nice.  Used the YouTube search plug in in foobar2000 to play it through my Schiit/Senn setup.  Thank you :)

Moved to the full soundtrack which I'm playing now.  https://youtu.be/QTZiyF_Bki0

I am a gamer but there are few game soundtracks which stand apart as genuine musical works, the Skyrim soundtrack is one such - and is available for purchase from directsong and itunes: https://www.directsong.com/mobile/productdetails.php?productid=2241

If you liked the Skyrim OST, I can heartily recommend the soundtrack for another game called "Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons". The soundtrack is simply beautiful, available on youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQQRZFueIs0 and hi-rez downloads available for a paltry $5 here: https://overkillsoundtracks.bandcamp.com/album/brothers-a-tale-of-two-sons-official-soundtrack

May 7, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #27,050 of 35,472
crabdog Enjoy your UEs! it is music what counts most, after all. They on my shortlist of the phones around 50usd, which is going to be my next purchase but first I need to get fed up with the Pianos and that will take some time I guess :)

p.s.

I recommend the album: PHILTER -THE BLOSSOM CHRONICLES

Thanks for the recommendation, the lights is a great track.
Are you going to get the zero? I'm tempted but there are so many great things out there at the moment

May 7, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #27,051 of 35,472
  I've been going through some of my sadly neglected items tonight (original VE Monk, Tenmak Piano, VJJB K4) and have been listening to the same piece over and over again. It's amazing how changing iem can affect the same song. If you've got nothing better to do right now, pull out some of your favorites and have a go at this:

(Edit: posted wrong link, the first had a break in the audio.)

Skyrim! Hope you'll like these to go with your gaming soundtracks too. 

I have neglected IEM's and earbuds as well. I guess I'll give my old Monks a good listen this weekend.

May 7, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #27,052 of 35,472
  So I just received the 2016 UEs (ownluxe) and after first listening they are literally piercing my ears with treble and higher mids on my FiiO X3II with EQ off. If reduce the higher frequencies by ~3-4dB in EQ they become bearable and actually nice sounding. For now I'll leave them burning in, maybe the highs will calm down by then.

Out of the box, mine had boomy bass and some harshness in highs, it disappeard after few hours of burn in, but bass was still too much for me in quantity.

May 7, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #27,053 of 35,472
  A'ight! Isolation isn't a big deal, but I was used to it. There only was a handful of models I found that had full isolation. Everything's a matter of being used of, I'll just get used to the new design I guess. Thanks for the info!

You need a quiet environment with HI2050, the closed version is the Takstar Pro 80, both need an amp to really shine.

May 7, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #27,054 of 35,472
Out of the box, mine had boomy bass and some harshness in highs, it disappeard after few hours of burn in, but bass was still too much for me in quantity.

Took about 100-150 hrs of burn in for the bass to be controlled for mine

May 7, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #27,056 of 35,472
Hey I know this thread is mainly for iems but I had a question about wireless speakers.

Anyone know of any Chines/Asian branded wireless speakers that sound good?

Morul H2 Mini Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speakers Set 2.1 Stereo HiFi Subwoofer Active Music Bass Speakers For Phone PC Car Mp3
http://s.aliexpress.com/UF3IJ7BV
(from AliExpress Android)

This one has been in my wishlist given the positive reviews.
Looks great, but I have not heard this one, but maybe you are willing to take the risk? :wink:

Edit: Todays special.
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Bluedio-BS-3-Camel-Mini-Bluetooth-speaker-Portable-Wireless-speaker-Sound-System-3D-stereo-Music-surround/1405349_32366170180.html?spm=5261.7049941.1998656331.1.lUh1Pk&sdom=101.140239.126403.0_32366170180

(Bluedio BS-3 (Camel) Mini Bluetooth speaker Portable Wireless speaker Home Theater Party Speaker Sound System 3D stereo Music) for 28 usd.

May 8, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #27,057 of 35,472
I've been looking through most of the posts here regarding Easy Co.'s UEs, and I'm a bit confused and wanted to know if TWIN or any other well knowledged fi'ers can clear stuff up for me:

Is the 2016 Easy UEs Custom ($50) worth the extra cost over the 2016 DIY UE's ($17-$20 range).

their bloated detail page with pictures of random IEMS and copy-pasta details make it hard for me to distinguish them apart

May 8, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #27,058 of 35,472
I've been looking through most of the posts here regarding Easy Co.'s UEs, and I'm a bit confused and wanted to know if TWIN or any other well knowledged fi'ers can clear stuff up for me:

Is the 2016 Easy UEs Custom ($50) worth the extra cost over the 2016 DIY UE's ($17-$20 range).

their bloated detail page with pictures of random IEMS and copy-pasta details make it hard for me to distinguish them apart
im not sure what are you referring to. I think **** ue is good

May 8, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #27,059 of 35,472
Like this 2016 UE customs compared to these **** UE CUSTOMS and these 2016 **** UE Customs I just found navigating through the seller's tricky store.

Is it just me or is anyone else having a hard time distinguishing all these models?

May 8, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #27,060 of 35,472
I have received my HLSX 808 today.
IN MY FIRST IMPRESSION, bette i.valux 10mm and HLSX 808 are same sound signature and build quality.
Earphone bag and i.valux logo on housings are only different.
I will have kept checking their difference by the end of May.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back