Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #26,731 of 35,472
Thankyou :) .. these were next on my list but sadly after my credit card got hi-jacked through Aliexpress with some theif clocking up many $100s of USD out my bank account which am now in the process of recovering through both my bank and Aliexpress security team.. I am done with companies that that coldly allow massive inconvenience with nil compensation or show of goodwill despite all efforts on my behalf to communicate the incident with reason and respectfull maturity..Ebay or Google could teach this Chinese company a thing or two about how to value customers. Not even a coupon added to my account and the cold complacent manner of Aliexpress staff leaves one with the impression that really dont give a ratsass about honest people getting robbed through thier company . In the common tongue "FU Aliexpress shame on you!" Rant over.

Just got the Monk earbuds just now and they are incredible value for $5 ! A fitting way to end the $100s Ive spent in AE.

Well that sucks, so far I've had no issues luckily.

UEs are superb so it's unfortunate you won't be hearing them

Waiting on my Monk Plus to arrive. Ordered them last Friday

Side not, I will probably be the first to take the plunge and order the TK Maple. Will need to send to a SHOZY owner in the US for comparison lol

May 2, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #26,732 of 35,472
Well that sucks, so far I've had no issues luckily.

UEs are superb so it's unfortunate you won't be hearing them

Waiting on my Monk Plus to arrive. Ordered them last Friday

Side not, I will probably be the first to take the plunge and order the TK Maple. Will need to send to a SHOZY owner in the US for comparison lol

Pity Aliexpress dont allow Paypal ..or perhaps Paypal wont allow them.. Ill find an alternative way to aquire these bargain IEMs ..not going to let one company ruin the fun..:wink:

May 2, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #26,733 of 35,472
Guys, anyone still rocking the macaw GT100S? Loving the bass on these bad boys! Better packaging than headphones costing many times more lol/ Removable filters and a nice leather pouch, and a pretty cool looking mic as well. awesome 
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #26,737 of 35,472

Zhiyin QT4

To compete with SIII? ...in the price 
biggrin.gif

Have the ZhiYin QT5, been putting them through the paces for the last few days, will put up some impressions soon. All I can say is  WOW!

May 2, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #26,738 of 35,472
 ...my credit card got hi-jacked through Aliexpress with some theif clocking up many $100s of USD out my bank account which am now in the process of recovering through both my bank and Aliexpress security team.   ...the cold complacent manner of Aliexpress staff leaves one with the impression they really dont give a ratsass about honest people getting robbed through thier company. In the common tongue "FU Aliexpress shame on you!" Rant over.

Holy cripe! 
eek.gif
   I only recently dealt with AliExpress for the first time. Placed two orders.  Last was delivered a few says ago.  I don't save my credit card info on any sites preferring to enter for eaach new transaction.  Regardless this is the first I've heard of cc theft on AE.  Is this a fairly common issue?

May 2, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #26,739 of 35,472
 Holy cripe!  :eek:    I only recently dealt with AliExpress for the first time. Placed two orders.  Last was delivered a few says ago.  I don't save my credit card info on any sites preferring to enter for eaach new transaction.  Regardless this is the first I've heard of cc theft on AE.  Is this a fairly common issue?

Google "Aliexpress creditcard stolen/thieft" some poor buggers have only managed one or two purchases before their card info go sold or hi jacked.I dont wish to derail this thread further on the topic however I felt this thread is appropriate to share/warn others.

Those QT4s look intriguing.. was curious about the QT5s after reading mostly encouraging comments, That Maple also looks promising as does the GT100s ..looking forward to reading your impressions!

May 3, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #26,740 of 35,472
Google "Aliexpress creditcard stolen/thieft" some poor buggers have only managed one or two purchases before their card info go sold or hi jacked.I dont wish to derail this thread further on the topic however I felt this thread is appropriate to share/warn others.

Those QT4s look intriguing.. was curious about the QT5s after reading mostly encouraging comments, That Maple also looks promising as does the GT100s ..looking forward to reading your impressions!

Yeah it looks like the Shozy Zero in shape

May 3, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #26,741 of 35,472
Thankyou :) .. these were next on my list but sadly after my credit card got hi-jacked through Aliexpress with some theif clocking up many $100s of USD out my bank account which am now in the process of recovering through both my bank and Aliexpress security team.. I am done with companies that coldly allow massive inconvenience with nil compensation or show of goodwill despite all efforts on my behalf to communicate the incident with reason and respectfull maturity..Ebay or Google could teach this Chinese company a thing or two about how to value customers. Not even a coupon added to my account and the cold complacent manner of Aliexpress staff leaves one with the impression they really dont give a ratsass about honest people getting robbed through thier company . In the common tongue "FU Aliexpress shame on you!" Rant over.

Just got the Monk earbuds just now and they are incredible value for $5 ! A fitting way to end the $100s Ive spent in AE.

AliExpress won't care the same as ebay and amazon and any other thing wont be able to pay an individual to look at your case. Sure with Paypal you can get an automatic refund if you enter a tracking number for returned goods. The tracking number often costs more to get than the chinese iems so its not worth it but the individual sellers on Aliexpress should care about it and be able to accept a return. And you just change your passwords and stuff.

May 3, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #26,742 of 35,472
   Holy cripe! 
eek.gif
   I only recently dealt with AliExpress for the first time. Placed two orders.  Last was delivered a few says ago.  I don't save my credit card info on any sites preferring to enter for eaach new transaction.  Regardless this is the first I've heard of cc theft on AE.  Is this a fairly common issue?

Never experienced it, nor has anyone I've heard of.. AE is HUGE, and they need our money more than my money, so I don't feel very anxious for something like this to happen there. To be honest, I'd be a lot more worried about the connection made between myself and AE at the time of the payment (if someone had compromised that), or buying that Coke at the convenience store (if the clerk was skimming). 

Anyway, I suppose it's possible, but I think it's highly unlikely that AE would be unsafe. I'd personally look for other sources for the theft of the credit card info.. 

Anyway. TK Maple? Did I miss something? Link? :)

May 3, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #26,743 of 35,472
Daym.. and i was impressed with their security, barcode log in to PC and stuff.. plus their system of not releasing payment to seller until customer confirm product received is really good to me.. i had a dispute with a seller for my xduoo x3 due to parcel violation and safe to know that seller didnt get their payment yet until dispute resolved.. having said that, i cant seem to find the option to delete the CC info on aliexpress, i know we can do that to most sites..

May 3, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #26,744 of 35,472
Never experienced it, nor has anyone I've heard of.. AE is HUGE, and they need our money more than my money, so I don't feel very anxious for something like this to happen there. To be honest, I'd be a lot more worried about the connection made between myself and AE at the time of the payment (if someone had compromised that), or buying that Coke at the convenience store (if the clerk was skimming). 

Anyway, I suppose it's possible, but I think it's highly unlikely that AE would be unsafe. I'd personally look for other sources for the theft of the credit card info.. 

Anyway. TK Maple? Did I miss something? Link? :)

The unauthorized transactions took place on Aliexpress using my creditcard info but not through my account , it was a barrage of 70 - 100 dollar purchases in the space of a few hours until my bank flagged them , contacted me then froze my card. An pleased to read that noone else has experienced this but Id be a fool to register my replacement mastercard with them again. Aliexpress security team cancelled the transactions and are slowly refunding the money , its not just the inconvenience but the experience of cold indifference that I found appaling.

Have been admiring the TK maple a few times now and wondering how it might stack up to the Zeros.. the Zeros are more power hungry to drive than the 808s from my humble Note 4 and Neutron player which likely indicates that it requires more capable hardware like the Alien Gold to get the most out of them.. as it is the Zeros sound no better than the 808s through a Note 4 just different and equally enjoyable especially the rich fullness of the bass..

May 3, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #26,745 of 35,472
  Guys, anyone still rocking the macaw GT100S? Loving the bass on these bad boys! Better packaging than headphones costing many times more lol/ Removable filters and a nice leather pouch, and a pretty cool looking mic as well. awesome 
biggrin.gif

I've been rocking these for the past 9 months ever since my Havi B3 crapped out on me, and I agree that the bass is amazing (good lower-bass presence and punchy midbass, if a bit light). The build quality and modular nozzles are also top-notch. However, I don't quite understand the functionality of the pouch (mine is more akin to suede than leather, unless that's what you're referring to), since it seems too soft/loose to protect the IEMs. Unfortunately, I ordered the TK12s last week, which was before I discovered that the GT100s actually *had* bass, so I'm busy twiddling my thumbs waiting for them to arrive :). Relevant story below about the GT100s if anyone's interested:

Initially, I've been using the medium-sized Spiral Dot tips, since I typically used medium for most other IEMs. However, I never realized that I wasn't getting a proper seal and regarded them as tinny-sounding and technically inferior to the B3s and RE-400; this made me regret the purchase every time I take them out for a spin. Suddenly, I had an epiphany that the weight of the IEMs messed up the seal, so I changed the tips to the large-sized Spiral Dot tips (good thing I was smart enough to tell my brother to buy medium and large ones when he visited Japan), on top of amping them from my O2. The bass started revealing itself and the tinny midrange was gone; everything sounded as described in reviews. So if anyone out there is disappointed with the GT100, try to get a proper seal before you dismiss them like I did. Some amping also helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back