Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #26,761 of 35,472
Would anyone be interested in a compiled list of all of these IEM's filtered by price range? Would be nice to have a  (+) expansion next to each IEM with a link to a post review.

May 3, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #26,762 of 35,472
May 3, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #26,763 of 35,472
May 3, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #26,764 of 35,472
I'm looking at getting some cheap iems, thinking around $20 but don't mind going over a bit if it's a considerable jump up in SQ
Isolation is important to me as I will be using them in loud environments, so it can't be overly open
I don't care for any freq range in particular. I dislike it when the mids sound "off" but my main concern is that there's a pref balanced or slightly U sounding signature. I can't stand thin bass but I also hate spillage into the lower mids. Again with treble I'm not a fan of the really laid back but I don't want a fatiguing grado experience. I don't care about soundstage all that much, my main concerns are overall balance (not lacking in any freq range, though i'd rather be lacking in mids than bass or treble) and decay/note separation.
I don't really listen to particularly fast music, mainly hip-hop and metal at the moment, but I don't like bass heavy/bloated/slow sound signatures.
I'm not expecting it to sound like $100, but I don't want something that sounds cheap either.

May 3, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #26,765 of 35,472

I've been rocking these for the past 9 months ever since my Havi B3 crapped out on me, and I agree that the bass is amazing (good lower-bass presence and punchy midbass, if a bit light). The build quality and modular nozzles are also top-notch. However, I don't quite understand the functionality of the pouch (mine is more akin to suede than leather, unless that's what you're referring to), since it seems too soft/loose to protect the IEMs. Unfortunately, I ordered the TK12s last week, which was before I discovered that the GT100s actually *had* bass, so I'm busy twiddling my thumbs waiting for them to arrive :). Relevant story below about the GT100s if anyone's interested:

Initially, I've been using the medium-sized Spiral Dot tips, since I typically used medium for most other IEMs. However, I never realized that I wasn't getting a proper seal and regarded them as tinny-sounding and technically inferior to the B3s and RE-400; this made me regret the purchase every time I take them out for a spin. Suddenly, I had an epiphany that the weight of the IEMs messed up the seal, so I changed the tips to the large-sized Spiral Dot tips (good thing I was smart enough to tell my brother to buy medium and large ones when he visited Japan), on top of amping them from my O2. The bass started revealing itself and the tinny midrange was gone; everything sounded as described in reviews. So if anyone out there is disappointed with the GT100, try to get a proper seal before you dismiss them like I did. Some amping also helps.

Thanks for the heads up, will try some tip rolling for sure. The weight of the headphone does make it harder to get an ideal seal but this depends on individual ear anatomy as well. 

Anyone have the 1more triple driver? I have a sample on the way and it looks ridiculously good for the price! 

May 3, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #26,766 of 35,472
  I'm looking at getting some cheap iems, thinking around $20 but don't mind going over a bit if it's a considerable jump up in SQ
Isolation is important to me as I will be using them in loud environments, so it can't be overly open
I don't care for any freq range in particular. I dislike it when the mids sound "off" but my main concern is that there's a pref balanced or slightly U sounding signature. I can't stand thin bass but I also hate spillage into the lower mids. Again with treble I'm not a fan of the really laid back but I don't want a fatiguing grado experience. I don't care about soundstage all that much, my main concerns are overall balance (not lacking in any freq range, though i'd rather be lacking in mids than bass or treble) and decay/note separation.
I don't really listen to particularly fast music, mainly hip-hop and metal at the moment, but I don't like bass heavy/bloated/slow sound signatures.
I'm not expecting it to sound like $100, but I don't want something that sounds cheap either.

I'd suggest the Tenmak Pro.

May 3, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #26,767 of 35,472

Not gonna have them in my possession for a few weeks but just ordered these

2016 New MusicMaker TK Maple Dynamic Wood Super Bass HIFI In Ear Earphone **** Wooden In Ear Headset
http://s.aliexpress.com/qMrYn2aY
(from AliExpress Android)

I'm the first one to order them but MusicMaker seems to make solid products so I have high hopes for them

May 3, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #26,769 of 35,472
I've been using tips by a company called ITIS on my Easy UEs. sorry don't know how to link yet, I use the large and they are a bit bigger than my large Auvios and give my big ear canals a better seal..They really bring out the best in the UEs for me..The bass is just right and the miss and highs are clear and detailed..for the cost these are Goldilocks for me...Just right!oh yea separation and instrument placement are also very good....The UE is what the M2 should have been..IMO

May 3, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #26,770 of 35,472
I've been using tips by a company called ITIS on my Easy UEs. sorry don't know how to link yet, I use the large and they are a bit bigger than my large Auvios and give my big ear canals a better seal..They really bring out the best in the UEs for me..The bass is just right and the miss and highs are clear and detailed..for the cost these are Goldilocks for me...Just right!oh yea separation and instrument placement are also very good....The UE is what the M2 should have been..IMO

I still need to do A/B between Large and Medium Auvio but I think the sound chanted for the better yesterday bc the Medium were giving a deeper insertion causing more bass, the hair shallower depth reduced the rumble just a bit and made the mids come out to play perfectly.

May 3, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #26,773 of 35,472
I still need to do A/B between Large and Medium Auvio but I think the sound chanted for the better yesterday bc the Medium were giving a deeper insertion causing more bass, the hair shallower depth reduced the rumble just a bit and made the mids come out to play perfectly.

I tried the large Auvio and they are just a tad small not giving a good seal. With the large itis tips I can do a shallow insertion and get a good seal...really need to learn how to link..lol

May 3, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #26,774 of 35,472
I tried the large Auvio and they are just a tad small not giving a good seal. With the large itis tips I can do a shallow insertion and get a good seal...really need to learn how to link..lol

Copy then paste URL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back