Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #25,111 of 35,472
Penonaudio

Apr 7, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #25,113 of 35,472
  There is a new satellite in the sky turning around Earth, it's my KZ ATEs!
2 weeks already that they left Beijing! I wonder if they come by air or on foot lol

i saw 3 "Export Customs Clearance Complete" status on my Aliexpress tracking, all different date and time.. i wonder how many customs are there at their airport haha.. i guess i was wrong, my TK12 might still be in China after all... 8 calendar days now from date of order.

Apr 7, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #25,116 of 35,472
  Well their packaging is aerodynamically shaped so it should be with you one day sooner. :p

Hope you'll enjoy them as much as I do when you get them. 

I hope so!
Still using my 4 years old Hifiman re-272 but they are not made for sports, they pop up from my ear if I do some weight press at the gym, the ATEs are supposed to stay much better.
I wonder if it's time to bring a Moto 360 watch (used) just for the sake of controlling music from it (and have a gorgeous watch), or it's too gimmick?
Yeah I ordered my ATEs with the mic-button so I can change tracks with it, but having a full control on the watch like volume is better no?

Apr 7, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #25,117 of 35,472
  Either I'm missing something or the LZ-Z03A is overhyped! I dunno.

To each his/her own, I don't know, a lot of people seem to like it a lot. I personally find the resolution to be good, but the bass rolls off (at least in my pair) which makes it sound odd, and there's something in the upper register that sounds artificial to me.

But then again, they might just really really conflict with my preferences, or manage to tick my negative boxes. Or there's a QC problem or whatever. As always, YMMV.

-

On another note - my Tingo FL800 still isn't sounding as good as my last pair. Channel imbalance/bad driver matching, I don't know, they sound slightly off in placement anyway. From memory, the bass doesn't hit as deep as my old pair, but that's more uncertain since I can't do a direct comparison. However - that soundstage, that transparency! Holy cow.

I have other IEMs that do a lot of things better than at least this pair, but that soundstage is just captivating, I have nothing else that comes close, at least not IEM..

At the moment I feel myself reaching for my Sendiy M2 (with ED9 brass nozzles with plugged in holes + "Sennheiser style" dual flange tips) more often, though. Still, that soundstage...

Apr 7, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #25,118 of 35,472
I have a piston 2 if you interested lemme know.

Apr 7, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #25,119 of 35,472
So mysteeerious! Let the plebs know too twin. jk ^_^

:grinning: Not meaning to be mysterious. This is for serious buyers who are ready to order the LZA3. I can help headfi members.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Apr 7, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #25,121 of 35,472

To each his/her own, I don't know, a lot of people seem to like it a lot. I personally find the resolution to be good, but the bass rolls off (at least in my pair) which makes it sound odd, and there's something in the upper register that sounds artificial to me.

But then again, they might just really really conflict with my preferences, or manage to tick my negative boxes. Or there's a QC problem or whatever. As always, YMMV.

-

On another note - my Tingo FL800 still isn't sounding as good as my last pair. Channel imbalance/bad driver matching, I don't know, they sound slightly off in placement anyway. From memory, the bass doesn't hit as deep as my old pair, but that's more uncertain since I can't do a direct comparison. However - that soundstage, that transparency! Holy cow.

I have other IEMs that do a lot of things better than at least this pair, but that soundstage is just captivating, I have nothing else that comes close, at least not IEM..

At the moment I feel myself reaching for my Sendiy M2 (with ED9 brass nozzles with plugged in holes + "Sennheiser style" dual flange tips) more often, though. Still, that soundstage...

This is also what I hear from my Z03a 

Apr 7, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #25,122 of 35,472
Wow, maybe a hidden audiophile phone :3 Never thought that the measure of Zenfone 2 was that good. Since the Zenfone 5's output is pretty bad :D

The ZF2 Sounds very good with Audiowizard set on Music Mode.

Apr 7, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #25,123 of 35,472
Just to be clear it is definitely overhyped, z03a by all mean is not a giant killer but it does live up to the price tag :) 

It lands closer to my Havi B3 Pro 1 in terms of overall Sound Signature/SQ.

Apr 7, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #25,125 of 35,472
  The thing about the Z03a is that it sounds a bit odd, as anticute have pointed out :D I find my VE monk to be better over all :) if u don't mind earbuds and the poor isolation then VE monk is an absolute beast under $50 

Just read this with my monks on :p They're such an interesting thing. I hear so many little details that aren't revealed with other phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back