Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #25,126 of 35,472
Dudes, of course each new "find" is overhyped. It's head-fi, it's what we do here.

The moment one hype train left the station, the next one will start to steam through head-fi town and we all jump on it.

I see us here as a group of anonymous audiophiles (aa). You remember the first time you heard your favorite songs with a really good setup and how you experienced some spine tingling, goose bumps inducing shivers going through your body - you nearly wanted to cry because your loved music sounded so good? Yeah, that feeling. Problem is, the high wears off. But we are suckers for that high, so we want to upgrade. We want that bloody feeling back. So we go out and look what else could possible bring the goose bumps back. 

Now pair this with the high you get when your inner bargain hunter made a kill - getting $500 sound for $99 or at least that's what we think - until reality sets in and the next giant killer is declared..... and hunted down.

That's me looking for the next IEM deal of the century.

That's me having just purchased the latest hype train IEM :wink:

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #25,127 of 35,472
Just received the LZ-z03a, LZ A3 and Sendiy M2.
Initial impressions of the LZ z03a a is that it has quite a bit more bass than I had expected. Not basshead earphones, but they are not bass light either. I like them a lot, however I can see what people mean when they call them somewhat artificial sounding. I think it is because of their elevated upper midrange, which probably should have been toned down a bit. This is most apparant when hearing vocals mixed with music, which of course happens quite a lot in most songs. Still, they are not that bright sounding. I was expecting less bass and even more elevated treble, as they have been described as really bright by some people. Again, they are not that bright.
Overall they sound great, and absolutely worth their price!

However....
Then there is the Sendiy M2.
On the silver filters the Sendiy has more bass than LZ-z03a, and are a bit darker sounding. This makes the mid range to treble ratio sound more natural to my ears. On the black filters they have less bass than the LZ-z03a, and with these filters they are too bass light for my taste. There is a very big difference between the black and silver filters, but the black filters can be made less bass light by partly covering the little hole found on the filter.
They do keep their more natural feel to them on the black filters though.
Compared to the LZ-z03a they can sound a bit boomy on the silver filters, and on some songs I would prefer a faster decay, or simply just a bit less bass. That really depends on the song though, and for some songs the bass sounds brilliant.

Both of them are great sounding earphones. I think I will prefer Sendiy for most songs, simply because I like their sound signature more, but on some songs I find LZ-z03a better.

This, of course, is just OOTB impressions. I must admit that I do not believe much in burn-in, and I am confident that if there is a burn in effect it is no where near as profound as some people in hear believe - except for brain burn in and placebo effect, which can be very real. :wink: I promise that I will make an update if my impressions change though!

LZ A3 impressions later...

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #25,129 of 35,472
So which great IEM should I go for next?

Depends what you have lol

On a side note, my Easy UEs shipped out 3/26, so it's been 13 days. Still shows in Shenzen. Really does appear we pay a cheaper price bc we are just getting slower shipping

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #25,132 of 35,472

I hope so!
Still using my 4 years old Hifiman re-272 but they are not made for sports, they pop up from my ear if I do some weight press at the gym, the ATEs are supposed to stay much better.
I wonder if it's time to bring a Moto 360 watch (used) just for the sake of controlling music from it (and have a gorgeous watch), or it's too gimmick?
Yeah I ordered my ATEs with the mic-button so I can change tracks with it, but having a full control on the watch like volume is better no?

They really have a good fit. They do have like little gold colored 'counterweights' which help keep the cable in place but may annoy when running. Haven't tried exercising with them myself. I must say that they annoyed me very much the first day but I hardly feel them anymore. 
I have no idea how they work with the mic-button since I ordered one without. I also put faux hybrid tips on them which I also ordered with Aliexpress.

Apr 7, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #25,133 of 35,472
  Dudes, of course each new "find" is overhyped. It's head-fi, it's what we do here.

The moment one hype train left the station, the next one will start to steam through head-fi town and we all jump on it.

I see us here as a group of anonymous audiophiles (aa). You remember the first time you heard your favorite songs with a really good setup and how you experienced some spine tingling, goose bumps inducing shivers going through your body - you nearly wanted to cry because your loved music sounded so good? Yeah, that feeling. Problem is, the high wears off. But we are suckers for that high, so we want to upgrade. We want that bloody feeling back. So we go out and look what else could possible bring the goose bumps back. 

Now pair this with the high you get when your inner bargain hunter made a kill - getting $500 sound for $99 or at least that's what we think - until reality sets in and the next giant killer is declared..... and hunted down.

That's me looking for the next IEM deal of the century.

That's me having just purchased the latest hype train IEM :wink:

cool.gif
The biggest problem NOW is that they are making the "Next BIG Thing"  faster that we can Hype them....

What's a mother to do?

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Apr 7, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #25,134 of 35,472
  Just to be clear it is definitely overhyped, z03a by all mean is not a giant killer but it does live up to the price tag :) 

cool.gif
I also agree. BUT compared to what was out there just 2 Years ago in the Same price range?

You've come a long way baby....

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Apr 7, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #25,137 of 35,472
  i've been in the lookout for Piston 2 for some time now, cant get it in physical store (xiaomi didnt have one anyway in my country) and its not available on their online store too.. i find it hard to trust online seller as there are tonnes of fakes.. im not interested with the later versions of it, the Mi In Ear Earphones or the In Ear Earphones Pro due to the design, it doesnt gave me proper fit..
anyone know any legit Piston 2 seller from Aliexpress perhaps? saw it there but im afraid to be buying fakes..
im just curious to see how well it is due to all the raves about it...

Hi there, Headier Gussifurio give mis this seller link that are trustable for Xiaomi Pistons 2.
Don't remember the prices...
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1708380
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1052653 (best reputation!)
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/813701

Anyway, real one are ALWAYS between 15 and 25$, and this is very true that they sound JOYFULLY GOOD!
I compare them right now for fun with my Yamaha EPH100...

Cheers!

Apr 7, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #25,139 of 35,472
What is the seller name for the piston 2 then?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-XIAOMI-Piston-Earphone-3-2-Space-Grey-Sliver-Headphone-Headset-Earbud-with-Remote-Mic-For/1331848155.html
I order from this guy few months ago
good luck!

Apr 7, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #25,140 of 35,472
Just received the LZ-z03a, LZ A3 and Sendiy M2.
Initial impressions of the LZ z03a a is that it has quite a bit more bass than I had expected. Not basshead earphones, but they are not bass light either. I like them a lot, however I can see what people mean when they call them somewhat artificial sounding. I think it is because of their elevated upper midrange, which probably should have been toned down a bit. This is most apparant when hearing vocals mixed with music, which of course happens quite a lot in most songs. Still, they are not that bright sounding. I was expecting less bass and even more elevated treble, as they have been described as really bright by some people. Again, they are not that bright.
Overall they sound great, and absolutely worth their price!

However....
Then there is the Sendiy M2.
On the silver filters the Sendiy has more bass than LZ-z03a, and are a bit darker sounding. This makes the mid range to treble ratio sound more natural to my ears. On the black filters they have less bass than the LZ-z03a, and with these filters they are too bass light for my taste. There is a very big difference between the black and silver filters, but the black filters can be made less bass light by partly covering the little hole found on the filter.
They do keep their more natural feel to them on the black filters though.
Compared to the LZ-z03a they can sound a bit boomy on the silver filters, and on some songs I would prefer a faster decay, or simply just a bit less bass. That really depends on the song though, and for some songs the bass sounds brilliant.

Both of them are great sounding earphones. I think I will prefer Sendiy for most songs, simply because I like their sound signature more, but on some songs I find LZ-z03a better.

This, of course, is just OOTB impressions. I must admit that I do not believe much in burn-in, and I am confident that if there is a burn in effect it is no where near as profound as some people in hear believe - except for brain burn in and placebo effect, which can be very real.
wink.gif
I promise that I will make an update if my impressions change though!

LZ A3 impressions later...

I'm looking forward to the Eazy M2's that I ordered.  Too bad the wait from China is so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back