Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #23,641 of 35,472
Hi guys ^^

Anyone have experience with Vots/惟笙, or know the OEM? I saw these DQ100 on Banggood (no affiliation) and quite like the design. Wonder how they sound. Dual driver but cost a bit more than KZ etc.

The plastic is translucent like my black KZ ATE, but iridescent colouring. I couldn't find any frequency response chart.

Also found these Y1 on AliExpress. They are interesting to me because the ear tip is movable, on a ball pivot. I wonder if it can improve the fit or the sound changes?

Mar 10, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #23,642 of 35,472

Well I do like the Duke's and I was trying to remember if I had told you I would probably get them but while I was looking at them at $200 Peter let me in on the Rockets and yes they are probably in my top 3 iem's and either 1st or second really.

I was referring to the FLC 8s and Trinity Phantom Masters for my end game. Going to have to figure out what I'm going to do with all these KZ's now
rolleyes.gif

Pretty sure I'm going to be through DAP'ing for a while once I get my Shanling M2 and FiiO Fiio X7 (although the PAW would be fun to have, did I just say that
blink.gif
), got to narrow this stuff down if you know what I mean! That Paul is the Devil in a Kiwi dress
evil_smiley.gif
jk Paul, I know your out there and you don't make me do what I do but my wallet knows who you are
beerchug.gif

Yes, wish you had gotten on the Hybrid Valve train and it's not too late as I think Martin's can fix you up with a DAC model now.

Hey Skull, you know I told Twin those dang Easy A2's were Whiskey Barrel's, look like this emoticon
smile_phones.gif
without the band over the head!

I would say you can't go wrong with either one but the Rockets seem to have that extra special sauce :)   Haha save the kz as stocking stuffers 

Man the FLC have been getting a lot of good press! How many drivers is it? I am not really a fan of filer based iems so I paid it no attention at the beginning. Cant wait to see how the phantoms turn out, I have really high hopes of it. 

The X7 will definitely will cure any DAP upgraditis :wink: I love it to bits. So versatile, especially when combined with the K5 dock amp. I used to think the Paw DAPs looked funny till I started reading up on them. They seem to pack quite the punch for something of that size. The 5K is priced fairly as well, lot less than the Paw Gold. 

So the hybrid amp has a version with an amp now? Mind linking me to a thread for it? I forget the name, TIA!

Mar 10, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #23,643 of 35,472
I would say you can't go wrong with either one but the Rockets seem to have that extra special sauce :)   Haha save the kz as stocking stuffers 

Man the FLC have been getting a lot of good press! How many drivers is it? I am not really a fan of filer based iems so I paid it no attention at the beginning. Cant wait to see how the phantoms turn out, I have really high hopes of it. 

The X7 will definitely will cure any DAP upgraditis :wink: I love it to bits. So versatile, especially when combined with the K5 dock amp. I used to think the Paw DAPs looked funny till I started reading up on them. They seem to pack quite the punch for something of that size. The 5K is priced fairly as well, lot less than the Paw Gold. 

So the hybrid amp has a version with an amp now? Mind linking me to a thread for it? I forget the name, TIA!

I'll have to get you that new website of Martin's in the morning when I get back on my computer. Plus I'm going to have to back up what I believe they have are three drivers per based on an old weak memory:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You have to know I've got X7 fever and that means my funds separation will lean that way bad after this! The little PAW is neat, I thought the same thing when I saw the button layout but I strapped to my Hybrid amp and worked like a charm. Chassis is a little more plastic than I like but like you say the price point is right.

Get back to you in the morning:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mar 10, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #23,648 of 35,472
Nobody is balls to the wall enough to take the plunge on them, the FR graph they show looks really scary. 
However if you read all the reviews it could be worth a shot. The reviews do not translate well but they seem positive.
Probably be flushing the cash down the toilet but you never know until you flush the trigger.

Mar 10, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #23,649 of 35,472
  Hi guys ^^

Anyone have experience with Vots/惟笙, or know the OEM? I saw these DQ100 on Banggood (no affiliation) and quite like the design. Wonder how they sound. Dual driver but cost a bit more than KZ etc.

The plastic is translucent like my black KZ ATE, but iridescent colouring. I couldn't find any frequency response chart.

Also found these Y1 on AliExpress. They are interesting to me because the ear tip is movable, on a ball pivot. I wonder if it can improve the fit or the sound changes?

Never heard about either but the VSONIC's GR07, GR06 and AN16 also has that pivoting nozzle and it really help with the fitting!

Mar 11, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #23,651 of 35,472
LZ-Z03A remind me of the Soundmagic E10 lol

Mar 11, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #23,652 of 35,472
I have been going  .. "nuts" since finding Aliexpress (thank you all :) ).  I went from 0 to A3 (1/3 to A4) in a few months.  All earphones...
Saying I have bought a few would be an understatement.  My wife claims I am obsessed with them.  I really can't argue with her.
Anyway, I ordered:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TWFM-I1-Subwoofer-Metal-Earphones-with-Microphone-for-a-Mobile-Phone-Stereo-Headphones-Universal-Wired-Headset/32521419175.html
I got these yesterday and have not taken them out of my ears yet.  I have 2 pairs of earphones going through an 80 hour burn in.  These sound great right out of the package.  There were 0 reviews and feedback on these when I ordered them.  Turned out great.  I use an X3 or Rockboxed iPod with an E12 or Cayin C5 (Flacs and V0's).  I don't hear well so I use most of the volume the amps put out.  This has been a HUGE problem finding capable earphones.  These seem to want more power :)..  Love it !
Just wanted to share with you all :).

Mar 11, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #23,653 of 35,472
I'll have to get you that new website of Martin's in the morning when I get back on my computer. Plus I'm going to have to back up what I believe they have are three drivers per based on an old weak memory:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You have to know I've got X7 fever and that means my funds separation will lean that way bad after this! The little PAW is neat, I thought the same thing when I saw the button layout but I strapped to my Hybrid amp and worked like a charm. Chassis is a little more plastic than I like but like you say the price point is right.

Get back to you in the morning:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks Tim, looking forward to it!

Mar 11, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #23,654 of 35,472
  I have been going  .. "nuts" since finding Aliexpress (thank you all :) ).  I went from 0 to A3 (1/3 to A4) in a few months.  All earphones...
Saying I have bought a few would be an understatement.  My wife claims I am obsessed with them.  I really can't argue with her.
Anyway, I ordered:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TWFM-I1-Subwoofer-Metal-Earphones-with-Microphone-for-a-Mobile-Phone-Stereo-Headphones-Universal-Wired-Headset/32521419175.html
I got these yesterday and have not taken them out of my ears yet.  I have 2 pairs of earphones going through an 80 hour burn in.  These sound great right out of the package.  There were 0 reviews and feedback on these when I ordered them.  Turned out great.  I use an X3 or Rockboxed iPod with an E12 or Cayin C5 (Flacs and V0's).  I don't hear well so I use most of the volume the amps put out.  This has been a HUGE problem finding capable earphones.  These seem to want more power :)..  Love it !

Can't find any driver specs on the TWFM (unless I overlooked it).  What does the box say?

Mar 11, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #23,655 of 35,472
Anyway, I ordered:

These look quite tasty but I wonder how they compare to the LZ-Z03A? What were the accessories that came in the box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back