Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 23, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #22,786 of 35,472
Umm well I just did a quick search on Taobao and I think it's apparent that the Jupiter, Orion and Lyra are sold there at vastly different prices

http://world.taobao.com/search/search.htm?_ksTS=1456241379044_52&spm=a21bp.7806943.20151106.1&_input_charset=utf-8&navigator=all&json=on&q=campfire%20audio&callback=__jsonp_cb&cna=8SiJDiftrxgCAZtFoQoHyVlL&abtest=_AB-LR517-LR854-LR895-PR517-PR854-PV895_2461.

Please don't get me wrong. I did not, and it was never my intention, to accuse you of bashing the Jupiter. I have had some personal experience with Chinese IEMs and still remember a couple of them that I enjoyed immensely.

But again, it is one thing to expound on the improvement of the Chinese IEM industry, and quite another to claim that the Sendiy gets close to the Jupiter in sonic performance. The former is something that I amongst many others believe wholeheartedly. The latter is a very bold claim to make that others are bound to view skeptically.

I've contributed to this thread in the past with a number of impressions. But since I have not dipped my fingers into this game for almost a year, it would of course be impossible for me to post anything of note. I just wanted to put out a word of caution to fellow Head-fiers (as opposed to completely dissuade) whom might be tempted to purchase the Sendiys based solely on your impressions. $40 is not exactly chump change.

Once again, I'm not saying that your impressions are completely false, but overhype-ing is a common theme in this thread (and throughout the rest of Head-fi for that matter) that even I have been guilty on several occasions. 

I apologize if my presence in this thread has somehow offended you. I'll just leave it at that.

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #22,787 of 35,472
  Umm well I just did a quick search on Taobao and I think it's apparent that the Jupiter, Orion and Lyra are sold there at vastly different prices

http://world.taobao.com/search/search.htm?_ksTS=1456241379044_52&spm=a21bp.7806943.20151106.1&_input_charset=utf-8&navigator=all&json=on&q=campfire%20audio&callback=__jsonp_cb&cna=8SiJDiftrxgCAZtFoQoHyVlL&abtest=_AB-LR517-LR854-LR895-PR517-PR854-PV895_2461.

Please don't get me wrong. I did not, and it was never my intention, to accuse you of bashing the Jupiter. I have had some personal experience with Chinese IEMs and still remember a couple of them that I enjoyed immensely.

But again, it is one thing to expound on the improvement of the Chinese IEM industry, and quite another to claim that the Sendiy gets close to the Jupiter in sonic performance. The former is something that I amongst many others believe wholeheartedly. The latter is a very bold claim to make that others are bound to view skeptically.

I've contributed to this thread in the past with a number of impressions. But since I have not dipped my fingers into this game for almost a year, it would of course be impossible for me to post anything of note. I just wanted to put out a word of caution to fellow Head-fiers (as opposed to completely dissuade) whom might be tempted to purchase the Sendiys based solely on your impressions. $40 is not exactly chump change.

Once again, I'm not saying that your impressions are completely false, but overhype-ing is a common theme in this thread (and throughout the rest of Head-fi for that matter) that even I have been guilty on several occasions. 

I apologize if my presence in this thread has somehow offended you. I'll just leave it at that.

Completely agree, people need to remember to take every impression with a grain of salt :) 

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #22,788 of 35,472
Let's not go down that road, please.. They're subjective opinions. You might agree or not agree, that's fine, but in this hobby there are no absolutes. :)

Back on topic: I'll wait for Easy to get the discount, and then I'm probably ordering the Sendiy M2. I've bought two IEMs based on @1clearhead's impressions, and none of them have disappointed so far. Given, I've never owned or even heard super expensive multi-BA IEMs, but I've owned and heard a few of the IEMs that are highly spoken of, including some "Giant Killers" like Havi B3 Pro1. One of these two beats everything else I've got, hands down, to my ears. It's going to be very interesting to see if I agree about the M2 or not :)

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #22,789 of 35,472
  Thanks for that post. These were also my thoughts when I read the comparison. Of course there are great cheap in-ears out there, but I never heard a single dynamic driver that beats a well tuned multi BA in-ear.

Maybe I will try the Sendiy if it is on sale, but I highly doubt that I will be as enthusiastic about it.

Sorry, Tob8i

My intentions were not to say that they were better, but only to show how well tuned they were coming from a Chinese company. I personally think they're well worth their price and much more for their SQ and package deal.

Feb 23, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #22,790 of 35,472
No worries. Let's put an end to that.

Keeping to the subject of Chinese/Asian IEMs, I figured it'd be good to mention a really nice IEM that I stumbled upon during the recent CanJam Singapore.

Advance AcousticWerkes is a fairly established Singaporean IEM manufacturer that is well known for its range of CIEMs. They have however recently released the Nebula 1, which is a universal fit IEM that retails for approximately $100 USD. It is a single DD IEM that is designed from the ground up. I cannot remember the exact driver specification except that it an AAW proprietary design. Cables are non removable.

Granted that a large scale meet is hardly the most ideal setting for critical listening, the Nebula 1 was a very surprising performer that probably ranks as the best overall bang-for-buck IEM that I managed to audition during the whole CanJam. It is roundish and small enough to nestle even in small ears, although the insertion depth is only average and hence isolation is not the best. The build quality feels very good as well, with a fully metallic chassis that is well machined.

Without going too much into detail, the Nebula 1 has some nice low-end heft, vivid and clear mids, fairly extended and yet smooth treble, good detail, and above average soundstage and imaging. I'm not familiar with recent Chinese offerings to know what would be a good comparison, but I would say that I prefer it to the Dunu Titan 1, which is the only Chinese IEM that is currently in my possession. The Titan 1 boasts a wider soundstage, but the Nebula 1 has a more even-keeled midrange (as opposed to the recessed Titan 1 midrange), has an overall thicker sound that is more organic.

For what it's worth, those who prefer a more balanced sound signature may want to keep an eye out for the Nebula 2, which as per what I was told by the folks of AAW, is not yet released but slated to be before midyear. The Nebula 2 is a hybrid DD + 1BA IEM. The additional tweeter gives greater mid-treble presence, with the bass being scaled down as well for a more balanced tuning. It will be pricier than the Nebula 1 ($149 USD from what I recall), but I do not necessarily think that it is a superior IEM, more or the same level of technical performance but with a different tuning.

I don't see it quite listed on the AAW website as of now, but they were on sale in full retail package at the show, so I'd assume it's only a matter of time before they become available online.

EDIT: My apologies, the Nebula 1 is already up:
http://www.null-audio.com/collections/universal-in-ear-monitor/products/advanced-acousticwerkes-nebula-one-universal-in-ear-monitor
It appears that the price is $188 SGD, which translates to approximately $135 USD. Perhaps I was mistaken with the $99 USD price, or it could possibly have just been an introductory special at the show. For $135 I'd still consider it to be very good value.

Feb 23, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #22,792 of 35,472
my 10 years old son like iems, so i bought the sendiy for him

i hope it will not be better than my u12 :wink:

but for that price i am felling that the sendiy is a catch

Feb 23, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #22,793 of 35,472
I see a lot of misconception surrounding BA's and Dynamic Drivers.
By design, they work in the same way. Moving a Coil. A normal Driver has a magnet (or multiple), which when charged with an electric current, causes the coil to move in between two directions.
This creates air movement. (Just move your hand back and forth)
Now the difference is that BA are doing this in a isolated chamber aka. the armature. In comparison the Dynamic coil strictly moves back and forth, the direction it's turned to.
While in a BA you can actually control the input/output direction of air movement.
Imagine this for instance:
With a dynamic driver, your environment is the shell, hence you have to manipulate the shell's properties to alter sound-waves. In case of BA's, this is rendered irrelevant because you are in the same consistent environment all the time. Till the waves leaves your nozzle, two identical BA's will sound the same.

To make things short: It's all about tuning. 

Feb 23, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #22,794 of 35,472
Are there any IEMs that are better than the Titan 1 under $50?

cool.gif
Yep. EASILY the New LZ-Z03A. It's VERY good. $30 on aliexpress, a tad more on Amazon. $35?

There's  links on the review.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Feb 23, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #22,795 of 35,472
:cool: Yep. EASILY the New LZ-Z03A. It's VERY good. $30 on aliexpress, a tad more on Amazon. $35?

There's  links on the review.

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

Better than Titan just wow! On which aspects is it better may I ask?

Feb 23, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #22,796 of 35,472
Better than Titan just wow! On which aspects is it better may I ask?

Bass, Mids, Treble, detail/micro detail, soundstage placement, instrument separation, imaging. basically everything except that the Titans soundstage MAY be wider and definitely airier.  The Bass is WAY better on the Z03A.

In his review Paulpark says they are a SIDEGRADE to his LZ A2 rather than a downgrade as the much lower price would suggest.

JMHO

BTW: I own both, although I've given my Titans to my oldest daughter due to their Treble giving me bad headaches after 2 or 3 hours.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Feb 23, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #22,800 of 35,472
Hi guys, I am in the market to go the next level up from my Audio Technica ATH-CKR10's, any recommendations? I have been having a hard time searching potential headphones as the CKR10 are pretty mindblowingly great already. Also looking for sub $700 preferably. Any and all suggestions are welcome.Thanks guys! 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back