Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #19,846 of 35,472
  Sorry but imho, Jazz and classical do not need enhanced bass and V-shaped signature to sound great. They need IEM`s that are able to go low but not being "bassy" itself by their signature.
Zircs can be fun sounding but it`s not "audiophile" and not for every taste. Maybe less personal subjective opinion based hype on these?
Just a thought...

Could not agree more. Not all of us want the "Bose"/rave venue sound signature. This is often made worse by streaming or broadcast services, who I am sure boost the bass massively, to make it sound better on poor quality equipment, especially flat screen TV internal speakers. My main UK Stereo system is set up to sound correct on classical CD's. I have a Krell KAV300iL amplifier and ATC-SCM19 principal speakers plus an ATC-C1 powered sub-woofer. Listening to streaming and broadcast music, I quite often have to turn the sub-woofer off or at least way down, as all you can hear is the bass going thump thump thump. 

Nov 16, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #19,848 of 35,472
  Just got the Xiaomi hybrid in today. I have to say i am very impressed with on initial listening. Beats the pistons 2 & 3 easily

Dang, how did you get it so quickly in the UK?

I ordered the Hisenior TD1:

Will post a review when I get them I guess. 

I asked them a few questions about them and this was their reply:

Tks for your trust and purchase such Dynamic IEM item. Although we are newly established company, but such item be sold in here China around
10000pcs in our China stores.
Its being the first time for us to introduce TD1 into Intl market.Our Aliexpress store is one of the window, we also looking forward to work with distributors.
If you are satisfied with such item,  looking forward to your recommendation to UK clients.
Free keep contact for your concerns.
best yours
GARETH

Nov 16, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #19,849 of 35,472

Bought a couple of things together and had to pay for hipping so figured i would get dhl shipping. Ordered these as well, the letv eb20: https://www.ibuygou.com/p-letv-leme-eb20-bluetooth-headphones-multiple-colors-available-6986.html. Looked too good and cheap to pass up on. They havent arrived yet but will come within the next day or two.

Nov 16, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #19,850 of 35,472
The VE Runabout amplifier for those who might be interested:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/venture-electronics-ve-runabout-portable-amplifier/reviews/14527

Nov 16, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #19,853 of 35,472
  Just got the Xiaomi hybrid in today. I have to say i am very impressed with on initial listening. Beats the pistons 2 & 3 easily

Are microphonics still an issue? I couldn't use the Piston 2 for travel due to the absurd amount of rustling that the cable made against my shirt. Xiaomi never really fixed the cable noise problem for the Piston 3, which I also own.

Nov 16, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #19,854 of 35,472

Are microphonics still an issue? I couldn't use the Piston 2 for travel due to the absurd amount of rustling that the cable made against my shirt. Xiaomi never really fixed the cable noise problem for the Piston 3, which I also own.

Yes there is microphonics, the cable is pretty much the same as piston 3 (plastic cable upper half and fabric covered lower half).

Nov 16, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #19,855 of 35,472
Seems like almost everyone is doing like Wokei and putting woven carbon fiber print on everything.
biggrin.gif

And those OnePlus IEMs better be crazy good when they're $77 and a single dynamic. (And they are $59 incl VAT directly from Oneplus Europe)

Nov 16, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #19,856 of 35,472
  Bought a couple of things together and had to pay for hipping so figured i would get dhl shipping. Ordered these as well, the letv eb20: https://www.ibuygou.com/p-letv-leme-eb20-bluetooth-headphones-multiple-colors-available-6986.html. Looked too good and cheap to pass up on. They havent arrived yet but will come within the next day or two.

Ah right. I'm too cheap for that haha. 

Nov 16, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #19,857 of 35,472
JVC Spiral Dots, Japanese Spinfits or Jaben Spinfits??? Opinions please...

Nov 16, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #19,858 of 35,472
Bit of a long shot, but I thought I would ask. I am absolutely in love with Audio Technica R70X. Any ideas of IEMs with similar sonic signatures and detail level?

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #19,860 of 35,472
The mi headphones are made by 1More and I don't have much to say about it other than its form over function and somewhat a blingy SR80 that is nowhere close to what my superluxes deliver sound wise.
And my superluxes are more than 1/2 the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back