Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 13, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #18,916 of 35,472
Thank you for your recommendations, i will buy the new vsd3 , not the vsd3s because i mostly listen to hip hop,linkin park,rhcp,drum n bass but not often other style of music like jazz or rock its just sometimes u need a change for a bit.
I wanted to ask you one more question, does the vsd3 require amp or anything or will my nexus 5 with spotify work well enough?

Oct 13, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #18,917 of 35,472

Just received my Rock Mula. For a sub $9 IEM, the build quality is fantastic! The metal housing is solid and smooth! Really nice!

As for the sound, out of the box, to me it is bassy, with emphasize on mid bass, just a little bit bloated, but overall bass is ok for those who prefer more bass.
Midrange is a bit muffled, vocal is lacking a little bit of clarity and detail. The treble has mild emphasize to add some sparkle and improve overall clarity. I will burn-in the Mula later.
Overall is pretty good, and definitely acceptable for this price. Very good value!
But to be honest, sound quality wise, I still prefer Awei ES800M, more balance to my ears.

I also received my Mula's today and I have to agree with what you say about the mid bass, first thing I did was change the tips for some shallow wide bore tips as recommended on one of the other threads and this helped balance them out and remove a bit of the bass bloat. I'm going to burn them in for 24 hours and see if they improve but even if they don't they are still more than acceptable for the price

Oct 13, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #18,918 of 35,472
I also received my Mula's today and I have to agree with what you say about the mid bass, first thing I did was change the tips for some shallow wide bore tips as recommended on one of the other threads and this helped balance them out and remove a bit of the bass bloat. I'm going to burn them in for 24 hours and see if they improve but even if they don't they are still more than acceptable for the price

Yes, I will try wider bore eartips later.
Definitely worth for the price even with the current sound signature 
regular_smile .gif

Oct 13, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #18,919 of 35,472
Howdy Y'all,

Got something from a Chinese OEM that might be of interest to this thread. Company's called FanMusic, they've made a couple products in the past in the audio realm like this one - http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/120987658107?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

They just sent me a few sample units of a new, upcoming IEM that they're planning to make in bulk and wanted to see what people thought of it.

I plugged it in and gave Taeyeon's new album a listen and thought the sound was pretty darn good at the expected $29.99 price point. If you're down to give something new a listen and review, give me a holler and I'll ship one your way for your listening pleasure.

Oct 13, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #18,920 of 35,472

Just received my Rock Mula. For a sub $9 IEM, the build quality is fantastic! The metal housing is solid and smooth! Really nice!

As for the sound, out of the box, to me it is bassy, with emphasize on mid bass, just a little bit bloated, but overall bass is ok for those who prefer more bass.
Midrange is a bit muffled, vocal is lacking a little bit of clarity and detail. The treble has mild emphasize to add some sparkle and improve overall clarity. I will burn-in the Mula later.
Overall is pretty good, and definitely acceptable for this price. Very good value!
But to be honest, sound quality wise, I still prefer Awei ES800M, more balance to my ears.

Tip-rolling makes a big difference on these and give some time to burn them in while you're at it. It might just change your thoughts on how you hear them. So, check out the ROCK impressions thread for some advice on the right tips for them. http://www.head-fi.org/t/780859/rock-zircon-mula-iem-impressions-thread/60

Oct 13, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #18,921 of 35,472
cool.gif
See My short review of the Mulas on the Rock Zircon Thread. In short: they are a good Generic sounding earphone but have NOWHERE near the impact of their Smaller Siblings the ZIRCONS.

Warning: If you find the Mulas Bass-Heavy stay well clear of the Zircons. They have some SERIOUS low end. Absolute perfection for EDM and Trance.

wink.gif
rolleyes.gif
TWIN

Oct 13, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #18,923 of 35,472
  Got links for both of those iems?
cool.gif

cool.gif
This is a highly Rated seller, They are also available on Amazon:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Metrans-Metal-Cavity-Perfect-in-ear-Earphones-Headphones-Headsets-with-Mic/32358080669.html?spm=2114.031010208.3.20.pDzkvH&ws_ab_test=201556_8,201527_4_71_72_73_74_75,201560_2

This is the seller I purchased the Mulas from. The Zircon Seller I personally purchased from no longer has them in stock:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-Rock-Mula-Stereo-Headphones-Headset-3-5mm-In-Ear-Earphone-Earbuds-For-IPhone-Samsung/32472788243.html

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Oct 13, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #18,924 of 35,472
Been listening to the LZ A1 and A2 since unboxing them. To start off with, here are some pictures of them.

LZ A1

LZ A2

Impressions 

These are really early impressions but I don't really expect them to change too much. Will give them some time to settle in before giving anything definite

LZ A1
This was the first one I tried. I wasn't sure what to expect. The build quality is quite for the price I must say. The cable is not like the ones that came with my KZ iems, they are soft and supple and easy to handle.

To sum it up: V- shape well done. If you like your iems fun and bassy and decently detailed, these are for you. They are really enjoyable and bass bloom isn't that bad. Reminds me of the VSD3. The nozzle is a bit wider than normal so I had a bit of trouble changing tips. But its not my cup of tea as I like something more balanced. But honestly they are great for the price. 

LZ A2
Okay now the flagship A2. It came with a wider assortment of accessories and improved build quality. I was rather impressed by its build quality and they are SO DAMN COMFORTABLE its not even funny. Good strain reliefs, good cable that is easily manageable. Aesthetically pleasing as well.

And now to the sound. As my friend Vince likes to say, these are AMAZEBALLSTM 

These are very very nicely balanced top to bottom. North of neutral in terms of warmth, but ever so slightly. Detailed sound with very good treble extension with NO harshness or peaks. Midrange is clear and engaging. I would not classify it as mid forward nor recessed, but just right. Bass is mid bass focussed that goes down deep with fast decay. No midrange bloom to speak of, and omg dat bass texture 
eek.gif
 Sub bass is quite a treat when listening to songs like Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson. 

Great instrument separation, good sonic cues and very good layering of instruments. Soundstage feels big with solid imaging, wider than it is tall and depth is above average.

I honestly can't believe this thing costs less than a hundred bucks, like how :/  These don't sound like hybrids at all, meaning it has seamless transition from treble to mids to bass. This thing is a freak of nature. How does it sound detailed, engaging and warm at the same time? 

The A2 improved with a good dac/amp. Sounded noticeably better out of my Geek Out v2 vs my mac or iPod alone. Bass is tighter and sub bass is more prominent along with improved midrange clarity when amped properly. While the A2 might be easy to drive, you do need to feed them a good amp/dac to get the most out of them. To my ears, the bass benefited the most with amping, becoming more balanced and tighter with stronger sub bass. Bass hits hard and fast, digging deep with quick decay. Without amping it sounded more L shaped, but with a good amp it was a very balanced sound with delectable bass that is really addicting. 

These are not hyper detailed like the Venture Electronics Duke, but it is a very enjoyable and non fatiguing listening experience with performance punching way above what its price would suggest!

These are early impressions (take it with a pinch of salt) and I tried to capture my thoughts as best as I can. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask! A2 was a genuine surprise, really surpassed my expectations

@yangian  I know you have been waiting for these :wink:  
@TwinACStacks The A2 should be right up your alley. Its got all the benefits of a brighter sounding iem like clarity and definition, but with the warmth that blends seamlessly. I tell ya its a freak of nature!

Edit: I should mention that the last few days I have been listening to the Sony EX1000 along with the Ortofon EQ8, so I am coming from some bright and energetic iems. Even without brain burn in, the LZ A2 sounds fantastic! As with anything ymmv!

Oct 13, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #18,925 of 35,472
  Been listening to the LZ A1 and A2 since unboxing them. To start off with, here are some pictures of them.

Impressions 

These are really early impressions but I don't really expect them to change too much. Will give them some time to settle in before giving anything definite

LZ A1
This was the first one I tried. I wasn't sure what to expect. The build quality is quite for the price I must say. The cable is not like the ones that came with my KZ iems, they are soft and supple and easy to handle.

To sum it up: V- shape well done. If you like your iems fun and bassy and decently detailed, these are for you. They are really enjoyable and bass bloom isn't that bad. Reminds me of the VSD3. The nozzle is a bit wider than normal so I had a bit of trouble changing tips. But its not my cup of tea as I like something more balanced. But honestly they are great for the price. 

LZ A2
Okay now the flagship A2. It came with a wider assortment of accessories and improved build quality. I was rather impressed by its build quality and they are SO DAMN COMFORTABLE its not even funny. Good strain reliefs, good cable that is easily manageable. Aesthetically pleasing as well.

And now to the sound. As my friend Vince likes to say, these are AMAZEBALLSTM 

These are very very nicely balanced top to bottom. North of neutral in terms of warmth, but ever so slightly. Detailed sound with very good treble extension with NO harshness or peaks. Midrange is clear and engaging. I would not classify it as mid forward nor recessed, but just right. Bass is mid bass focussed that goes down deep with fast decay. No midrange bloom to speak of, and omg dat bass texture 
eek.gif
 Sub bass is quite a treat when listening to songs like Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson. 

Great instrument separation, good sonic cues and very good layering of instruments. Soundstage feels big with solid imaging, wider than it is tall and depth is above average.

I honestly can't believe this thing costs less than a hundred bucks, like how :/  These don't sound like hybrids at all, meaning it has seamless transition from treble to mids to bass. This thing is a freak of nature. How does it sound detailed, engaging and warm at the same time? 

The A2 improved with a good dac/amp. Sounded noticeably better out of my Geek Out v2 vs my mac or iPod alone. Bass is tighter and sub bass is more prominent along with improved midrange clarity when amped properly. While the A2 might be easy to drive, you do need to feed them a good amp/dac to get the most out of them. To my ears, the bass benefited the most with amping, becoming more balanced and tighter with stronger sub bass. Bass hits hard and fast, digging deep with quick decay. Without amping it sounded more L shaped, but with a good amp it was a very balanced sound with delectable bass that is really addicting. 

These are not hyper detailed like the Venture Electronics Duke, but it is a very enjoyable and non fatiguing listening experience with performance punching way above what its price would suggest!

These are early impressions (take it with a pinch of salt) and I tried to capture my thoughts as best as I can. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask! A2 was a genuine surprise, really surpassed my expectations

@yangian  I know you have been waiting for these :wink:  
@TwinACStacks The A2 should be right up your alley. Its got all the benefits of a brighter sounding iem like clarity and definition, but with the warmth that blends seamlessly. I tell ya its a freak of nature!

Edit: I should mention that the last few days I have been listening to the Sony EX1000 along with the Ortofon EQ8, so I am coming from some bright and energetic iems. Even without brain burn in, the LZ A2 sounds fantastic! As with anything ymmv!

Great! Thanks! Very appreciate if you could give more comparison comments. I should be able to get both of them in the near future.
Yes, as far as I know, this is a very special phones, definitely do not like K3003, maybe any hybrid IEM, though it's 1DD+2AB. Hopefully you can give more imfo. on two facets. 1. is soundstage. THe most impressive reviews is its soundstage. It's just like a full headphones. Is that true? 2. It's vocal. It's said its vocal is better than either IE800 or K3003. Is that true?
Or maybe you can give a thorough comparison with VE Duck.
Thanks!
beerchug.gif

Oct 13, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #18,926 of 35,472
  Great! Thanks! Very appreciate if you could give more comparison comments. I should be able to get both of them in the near future.
Yes, as far as I know, this is a very special phones, definitely do not like K3003, maybe any hybrid IEM, though it's 1DD+2AB. Hopefully you can give more imfo. on two facets. 1. is soundstage. THe most impressive reviews is its soundstage. It's just like a full headphones. Is that true? 2. It's vocal. It's said its vocal is better than either IE800 or K3003. Is that true?
Or maybe you can give a thorough comparison with VE Duck.
Thanks!
beerchug.gif

Hi Buddy 

The only hybrid that I have is the Sony Z5, and its out for repairs right now so I can't do a side to side A/b right now but I have used it enough to be able to comment on it. 
Compared to the Z5, A2 is not as dark, and is more closer to neutral and is better balanced. A2 feels like it has more clarity than the Z5 because of reduced bass. 

I don't own the IE800 nor the AKG K3003 so I can't help you there.

I have been tip rolling and am using them with spin fit tips now. The soundstage feels better due to better fit. Feels like am wearing a set of closed back earphones. Sounds like am using any one of my full size cans no joke.

It sounds really good with acoustic instrumental and vocals. I don't have the IE800 and k3003 so I can't comment on them.

I can compare to the Duke no problem. Duke is more hyper detailed and realistic compare to the A2, with more treble energy. The A2 has treble that is as well extended but the treble is subdued in comparison, which is not a bad thing mind you. But you don't get the same sense of hyper clarity as you would with the Duke. The hyper clarity does come at a cost, the Duke is brutally honest that will reveal all flaws. The A2 is still quite detailed, but is more laid back and forgiving. Clarity is all relative. The A2 is NO SLOUCH in this department. Its just that Duke is still one of the best for me when it comes to pure clarity.

A2 is an easier listening experience that doesn't give me fatigue and you can listen to it at higher volumes. Sounds good with everything I have thrown at it so far. Cymbal crashes are very crisp without being splashy and drum hits sound very realistic. high hats are very precise and crisp again. I just wish it had a smidge more treble but I am a treble head these days so that might be too much for most people :p

Sorry I couldnt be of more help, I dont have the K3003 or IE800 to compare them directly.

Edit: btw the A2 are unbelievable for rock, heavymetal, death metal and all that. Loving it!

Oct 13, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #18,927 of 35,472

Tip-rolling makes a big difference on these and give some time to burn them in while you're at it. It might just change your thoughts on how you hear them. So, check out the ROCK impressions thread for some advice on the right tips for them. http://www.head-fi.org/t/780859/rock-zircon-mula-iem-impressions-thread/60

Yes, my impression is only out of the box experience. Will burn-in and check with other eartips, though the stock eartips is pretty good quality as well.

I did short comparison between some budget single dynamic recently, for sub $10 IEMs, I still amazed with the build and sound quality of Awei ES800M. It has clarity that often missing on other IEMs in this price category. It even performs really well on classical, and I would say a very good all rounder for the price. But for bright pop recordings, lower clarity IEMs is probably preferable.

Fyi, the Fidue A65 is not part of the sub $10 IEMs, bought it for around $ 54 from LMUE. Just happen to have it around when I was doing comparison.

Oct 13, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #18,928 of 35,472

Hi Buddy 

The only hybrid that I have is the Sony Z5, and its out for repairs right now so I can't do a side to side A/b right now but I have used it enough to be able to comment on it. 
Compared to the Z5, A2 is not as dark, and is more closer to neutral and is better balanced. A2 feels like it has more clarity than the Z5 because of reduced bass. 

I don't own the IE800 nor the AKG K3003 so I can't help you there.

I have been tip rolling and am using them with spin fit tips now. The soundstage feels better due to better fit. Feels like am wearing a set of closed back earphones. Sounds like am using any one of my full size cans no joke.

It sounds really good with acoustic instrumental and vocals. I don't have the IE800 and k3003 so I can't comment on them.

I can compare to the Duke no problem. Duke is more hyper detailed and realistic compare to the A2, with more treble energy. The A2 has treble that is as well extended but the treble is subdued in comparison, which is not a bad thing mind you. But you don't get the same sense of hyper clarity as you would with the Duke. The hyper clarity does come at a cost, the Duke is brutally honest that will reveal all flaws. The A2 is still quite detailed, but is more laid back and forgiving. Clarity is all relative. The A2 is NO SLOUCH in this department. Its just that Duke is still one of the best for me when it comes to pure clarity.

A2 is an easier listening experience that doesn't give me fatigue and you can listen to it at higher volumes. Sounds good with everything I have thrown at it so far. Cymbal crashes are very crisp without being splashy and drum hits sound very realistic. high hats are very precise and crisp again. I just wish it had a smidge more treble but I am a treble head these days so that might be too much for most people :p

Sorry I couldnt be of more help, I dont have the K3003 or IE800 to compare them directly.

Edit: btw the A2 are unbelievable for rock, heavymetal, death metal and all that. Loving it!

Hi, RedJohn, thank you very much! Basically you give consistent review as Taobao's. Sound it's really an amazing headphones. One more question, which is most important to me: compared to Duck, which gives better holographic sound? That is: how about the three dimentions of their soundstage and which has better separation and imaging?

Oct 13, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #18,929 of 35,472
  Howdy Y'all,

Got something from a Chinese OEM that might be of interest to this thread. Company's called FanMusic, they've made a couple products in the past in the audio realm like this one - http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/120987658107?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

They just sent me a few sample units of a new, upcoming IEM that they're planning to make in bulk and wanted to see what people thought of it.

I plugged it in and gave Taeyeon's new album a listen and thought the sound was pretty darn good at the expected $29.99 price point. If you're down to give something new a listen and review, give me a holler and I'll ship one your way for your listening pleasure.

The 5.1 DAC looks seriously good for the price!

The new IEMs in a glance looks like Remax RM-610D which has many positive reviews. My RM-610D is otw from AE.
I don't mind to write a short review for it 
normal_smile .gif

Oct 13, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #18,930 of 35,472

Hi, RedJohn, thank you very much! Basically you give consistent review as Taobao's. Sound it's really an amazing headphones. One more question, which is most important to me: compared to Duck, which gives better holographic sound? That is: how about the three dimentions of their soundstage and which has better separation and imaging?

Its the Duke by the way :p A2 has a bigger soundstage whereas duke has a smaller and more realistic soundstage. The A2 is more holographic (I am assuming its referring to how 3D and expanded it sounds?) in terms of its soundstage

Duke has better separation thanks mainly in part to its hyper clarity, very easy to pick apart elements in a song. But the A2 isn't lacking far behind, and I think on its own, the A2 has superb separation and imaging. Duke is also a single DD vs the A2 being hybrid so keep that in mind.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back