Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 13, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #18,904 of 35,472

I'm trying but I'm on a business trip to Germany and the network is really bad right now.

Check the Havi thread, picture's there
wink.gif

Over here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/741221/havi-b3-pro-1-thread-2-0/1365#post_11986159

Looks like the current LMUE packaging. @peter123 Aside from the packaging, any differences in the accessories supplied?

Got it thanks!

Pic: http://cdn.head-fi.org/d/d4/d483d8e5_HAVIB3PRO1.jpeg

Had this package Pro1 long time ago already (check post date on havi thread). Without amp - didn`t like them. Well, I liked the soundstage, separation and transparency but absolutely no bass and mids as they should be... listened some jazz and prograssive rock - left me totally emotionless. No Deep contrabass notes or warm sax "blowwinds" and male vocals were weak and no body. Though, I didn`t try them with proper amp. Anyway, from DX50 and Aune T1 they were pretty "meh" for me.

JMSO :wink:

Oct 13, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #18,905 of 35,472

Well... I`m more a laid-back guy but maybe in future, who knows.

Because it is hard to know what driver it uses and with finished enclosure I can see their modding potential better
wink.gif

I think this first pair I will leave with original cables (though I kind of "hate" straight 3.5mm jacks). Will probably order second unit anyway for modding for girlfriend.

There are tuning ports on Your wooden Yinjw? Mine has only open back grills on them. We have different version?
This is my version (black without mic): http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-HIFI-Monitor-The-Movement-Of-Wooden-Bass-In-Ear-Headphones-Earphone-Bass-DIY-Magic-Sound/32378933536.html

This is Your version? : http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2015-Newest-Original-YINJW-Wooden-Bass-HIFI-Monitor-Movement-In-Ear-Earphones-Wood-Headphones-DIY-Headset/1825606_32487808552.html

With cut-off/shorter body and closed backs I find no noticeable reduction in soundstage and they actually become more airy in some way, probably because of gained clarity and bass "balancing". But I will test with small port hole also and report back
wink.gif

Btw, I use my portable rig & desk rig for testing and evaluating without any EQ or bass boost, I never use them, always flat settings.

Yeah mine is the second version, maybe it has different drivers, that's why it's worse closed, not sure.
There was a post a few posts back saying there are new turbo drivers on the newer YINJW, but which version is new?

Maybe that's why the bass is very good on these. It's bassy, but doesn't cut into other frequencies. Just like I switched bad boost on, but more balanced.

I ordered also newer version (red without mic) and will report back when I receive them. Will do stock new version vs. WOM-mod (older version).
Bought from here: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest-Original-YINJW-IE800-Wooden-Bass-Monitor-Movement-In-Ear-Earphone-Wooden-Headphones-HIFI-Headset-With/32487808552.html
One thing that I do not like about these IEM`s - straight bulky jack ;(

Oct 13, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #18,906 of 35,472
soo guys what would be the best bang for buck in ear headphone under max i can go would be 80€, i listen mostly to rap and new generation music but time to time jazz and all kinds of stuff, there are too many earphones atm and i dont know what to pick, tbh i dont know what kind of sound i like or want because i have only had earphones that came with phone and sennheiser cx300 ii which 1 side dosent work. So what are my choices, ive looked at ckr9ltd and trinity audio deltas. Aswell as some kz series inears. Thanks for your recommendations!

Oct 13, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #18,907 of 35,472
I ordered also newer version (red without mic) and will report back when I receive them. Will do stock new version vs. WOM-mod (older version).
Bought from here: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest-Original-YINJW-IE800-Wooden-Bass-Monitor-Movement-In-Ear-Earphone-Wooden-Headphones-HIFI-Headset-With/32487808552.html
One thing that I do not like about these IEM`s - straight bulky jack ;(

I ordered the silver plated version in black from this seller, she has triple checked my drivers don't pop. Very good seller, fast, and great communication on Skype.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-Original-Wooden-Bass-HIFI-Monitor-Movement-In-Ear-Earphones-Wood-Headphones-DIY-Sports-Headset/32486101500.html

What I like about these is the soundstage is really good, and the bass is full range. Best of all listen all day with nil ear fatigue, and you forget their there. Very light weight.

I don't like the shape of the ear bud to long, (very Chinese oriented shape and awkward) and the plug would be better right angle.

But highly recommended purchase for the price. Looking forward to the upgraded cable in silver plated.

Also forgot to add these sound good on everything I have tested it on, (it's not fussy at all) it needs minimum power to get great thumping bass.

Oct 13, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #18,908 of 35,472
Don`t know if they actually changed drivers on these because what You describe sounds very similar to my WOM-mod of older version which has similar small holes in back instead of open grills. WOM-mod has also so-to-say full range bass which is no way muddy/fuzzy or overpowered/elevated - bass FR is just so clean, tight and accurate, it`s there when it`s called for and when it is, then it so natural and "thumping" it just makes You smile ;P.
And by any means, it is NOT bassy or basshead IEM (talking about WOM-mod).
And soundstage is very similar to Fidelio X1 (which I love from neutral source gear) - very open, airy and great imaging/separation.
I suspect that they use same drivers with newer version and just back end has changed along with cable, nothing more. But I`ll hear and see when I get them... probably will open them up anyway for modding and then I can tell if it`s same driver or not (as much as looks can tell).

Oct 13, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #18,909 of 35,472
  soo guys what would be the best bang for buck in ear headphone under max i can go would be 80€, i listen mostly to rap and new generation music but time to time jazz and all kinds of stuff, there are too many earphones atm and i dont know what to pick, tbh i dont know what kind of sound i like or want because i have only had earphones that came with phone and sennheiser cx300 ii which 1 side dosent work. So what are my choices, ive looked at ckr9ltd and trinity audio deltas. Aswell as some kz series inears. Thanks for your recommendations!

My vote would be VSonic VSD3, still tried and true and it would be perfect for what you mentioned. Way cheaper than the delta and legitimate CKR9LTDs

Oct 13, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #18,911 of 35,472
Yeah, VSD3 is pretty great. Can't go wrong with those.
smily_headphones1.gif

I have to Agree,  VSD3.
The Ostrys KC06A sound a bit better but they got a little less of bass,  for Jazz the are better than the VSD3.

Oct 13, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #18,912 of 35,472

Just received my Rock Mula. For a sub $9 IEM, the build quality is fantastic! The metal housing is solid and smooth! Really nice!

As for the sound, out of the box, to me it is bassy, with emphasize on mid bass, just a little bit bloated, but overall bass is ok for those who prefer more bass.
Midrange is a bit muffled, vocal is lacking a little bit of clarity and detail. The treble has mild emphasize to add some sparkle and improve overall clarity. I will burn-in the Mula later.
Overall is pretty good, and definitely acceptable for this price. Very good value!
But to be honest, sound quality wise, I still prefer Awei ES800M, more balance to my ears.

Oct 13, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #18,914 of 35,472
  then i might be going for the vsd3, any recommended ebay sellers for eu ?

I would actually recommend you go with penon audio. While they have an eBay storefront, they have an independent store at penonaudio.com  Been buying from them for a long time and they have one of the best customer service, second to none. 

I recommend you go for the newest VSD3 iteration with fixed cable, preferable with the upgraded cable as it has a better build quality than the stock cable, in my experience.

As others have mentioned, the Ostry are also another solid choice but I personally have no experience with them, but they are universally lauded. I don't know if isolation is high up on the list of requirements, but the VSD3 seals very well, in comparison to the Ostry Kc06/Kc06a. So be careful while using it out and about as it will cut out most of the surrounding noise, to the point that you won't be able to hear an oncoming car!

Here is a link to the VSD3: http://penonaudio.com/VSONIC-VSD3?search=VSD3
Here is a link to the VSD3S: http://penonaudio.com/VSONIC-VSD3S?search=VSD3

The VSD3S is very much similar to the VSD3 but is more balanced sounding, with a bit more treble due to the bass being reigned in. This might be a better all rounder as you did mention your interest in Jazz. Either way you really can't go wrong, they are both worth their money imo. 

Aside from the VSD3/VSD3S the only other ones I can really recommend are the Audio Technica ATH IM50 and IM70 but their design can be uncomfortable for some people, including me! and they come with an annoying cable :/

So yeah.... go with the VSD3 or VSD3S 
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #18,915 of 35,472
Just received my Rock Mula. For a sub $9 IEM, the build quality is fantastic! The metal housing is solid and smooth! Really nice!

As for the sound, out of the box, to me it is bassy, with emphasize on mid bass, just a little bit bloated, but overall bass is ok for those who prefer more bass.
Midrange is a bit muffled, vocal is lacking a little bit of clarity and detail. The treble has mild emphasize to add some sparkle and improve overall clarity. I will burn-in the Mula later.
Overall is pretty good, and definitely acceptable for this price. Very good value!
But to be honest, sound quality wise, I still prefer Awei ES800M, more balance to my ears.

Thanks for sharing, bummer :frowning2: My pair still have not arrived but all of a sudden it feel as of there's no rush :wink:

then i might be going for the vsd3, any recommended ebay sellers for eu ?

I'd suggest you get them from either penonaudio.com or lendmeurears. Both ate reputable sellers with reasonable fast shipping to Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back