Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #17,686 of 35,472
I Jumped on the ckr9ltd train too. Went with boxed for accessories
edit: n/m got unboxed via mobile app.. I noticed the unboxed says it comes with the pouch too. $53 is a nice discount over boxed for $67

Sep 4, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #17,687 of 35,472
  If the KZ thread is anything to go by, the new KZ models outclass the edse, the ED10, ATE, and ED9, all of which with different sound signatures. The ED10 is the in thing right now, with a V shape and deep sub bass.

If you go up to 35 usd the Tenore will probably destroy everything but it has a poor quality wire.

Well now i think i will probably pay more if the sound quality is better, but i don't want something that will break easily, i don't break stuff that often but i want to be sure that i don't throw away 40 dollars. Anyways, any other suggestions beside tenore? Aliexpress preferred because i'm from europe. I've read about moxpads and other earphones, they have good bass or good treble, i'm looking for something that has both. 50 dollars is the maximum amount i can spend. Any help is appreciated.

Sep 4, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #17,688 of 35,472
Rolling the dice. CKR9LTDs ordered for around $60.

Sep 4, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #17,689 of 35,472
I know of at least one other person besides myself who got legit 9LTDs. I don't think he's mentioned it on the forum yet though. But I can't help but think some of these must be fake. If not, what the hell happened that there are so many of these for so cheap?

Sep 4, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #17,690 of 35,472
I know of at least one other person besides myself who got legit 9LTDs. I don't think he's mentioned it on the forum yet though. But I can't help but think some of these must be fake. If not, what the hell happened that there are so many of these for so cheap?

Edit: Hoping they are authentic or at least factory overruns or blems maybe. Not naive though. They are most likely fake.

Sep 5, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #17,691 of 35,472
Got my girlfriend a pair of Trinity Hyperion from their kickstarter campaign that set me back 25USD or so.

That's a great little IEMs for the price. So small that I had some difficulty removing them from my ears but very comfortable and have a great seal. They have a big bass but it's very articulate and punch and not boomy or loose. The treble and the detail retrieval is good too. The sound stage is rather small and intimate. The only two boggles I had with this IEM is the short strain reliefs on the ear pieces side and some driver flex I've experienced. I love their braided cable though.

Sep 5, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #17,692 of 35,472
To each his own.  I listen to EDM/electronica about 90% of the time so they suit me well.  Just return them if you can or give them to a family member.  No sweat for $13.  

The Bette's seem like an excellent bargain.  I guess now the question with them is whether to get the 8mm or 10mm version.  Haven't really seen any in depth comparisons between the two.

How do the xiaomi piston 2's compare to the zircons as they are my current edm faves. Just brought a pair of zircons from aliexpress.

Sep 5, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #17,693 of 35,472

To each his own.  I listen to EDM/electronica about 90% of the time so they suit me well.  Just return them if you can or give them to a family member.  No sweat for $13.  

The Bette's seem like an excellent bargain.  I guess now the question with them is whether to get the 8mm or 10mm version.  Haven't really seen any in depth comparisons between the two.

How do the xiaomi piston 2's compare to the zircons as they are my current edm faves. Just brought a pair of zircons from aliexpress.

Never compared the two until now.  I think they are very similar.  Zircons have a little more bass quantity (mostly sub-bass).  Clarity is about the same on both.  Pistons treble seems a little more extended.  I think the Zircons provide a slightly more smooth listening experience.  You should be happy with the Zircons, but don't expect a huge difference between the two. YMMV of course.

Sep 5, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #17,694 of 35,472
Thanks for info, now I know I won`t buy those. I already had a feeling from the beginning of Zircon hype by few members here that they are nothing special. P2`s are already history after I heard EDSE, not to mention newer ATE, ED9 or ED10. Up from there comes probably some DIY IE800 versions (yinjw) and Better hybrids. Probably will skip that tier and get Fidue A73 or ATH CKR9LTD.

Sep 5, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #17,695 of 35,472
  Thanks for info, now I know I won`t buy those. I already had a feeling from the beginning of Zircon hype by few members here that they are nothing special. P2`s are already history after I heard EDSE, not to mention newer ATE, ED9 or ED10. Up from there comes probably some DIY IE800 versions (yinjw) and Better hybrids. Probably will skip that tier and get Fidue A73 or ATH CKR9LTD.

I actually like the Pistons somewhat. Just wish the bass was tighter.  Funny you mention the EDSE.  I pulled them out when I had some time to kill at the airport yesterday and compared them to the Zircons.  I much preferred the Zircons.  The EDSE seemed thin sounding in comparison.  Anyway, I've decided that there is just no way to know whether or not you will like a headphone based on other peoples reviews or impressions.  The only way is to get a set and try them yourself.  Even then, tastes can change over time.  This is why I never try to hype something up (other than just saying I'm really impressed with it or really enjoying it).

Sep 5, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #17,696 of 35,472

I actually like the Pistons somewhat. Just wish the bass was tighter.  Funny you mention the EDSE.  I pulled them out when I had some time to kill at the airport yesterday and compared them to the Zircons.  I much preferred the Zircons.  The EDSE seemed thin sounding in comparison.  Anyway, I've decided that there is just no way to know whether or not you will like a headphone based on other peoples reviews or impressions.  The only way is to get a set and try them yourself.  Even then, tastes can change over time.  This is why I never try to hype something up (other than just saying I'm really impressed with it or really enjoying it).

I'm just curious on the soundstage of Rock Zircon. On the other hand, Even it has a large soundstage, more important like the shape of the soundstage: how about the depth and height; how about the imaging and separation? I haven't seen budgeted ones, like those popular KZ's, even Yinjw IE800, can reach the level of Senn. IE80. I'll give a comparison of Rck Zircon with Yinjw after a few days. 
BTW, how about Rock compared to Titan 1?

Sep 5, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #17,697 of 35,472
I'm just curious on the soundstage of Rock Zircon. On the other hand, Even it has a large soundstage, more important like the shape of the soundstage: how about the depth and height; how about the imaging and separation? I haven't seen budgeted ones, like those popular KZ's, even Yinjw IE800, can reach the level of Senn. IE80. I'll give a comparison of Rck Zircon with Yinjw after a few days. 

I'm looking forward to your comparison to the Yinjw ie800. I like them (Yinjw) quite a bit and would, without putting any more final judgment on it, put them up there with the best KZ model. Some might even like them more.....

Sep 5, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #17,699 of 35,472

Don`t get me wrong, I`m not "hyping" EDSE, I also didn`t like EDSE because of "thin" sound and little lack of sub-bass, otherwise they were pretty much up to HB3P1 level (especially soundstage and details). But then again, when I read some ppl impressions about EDSE, I wonder if I should get another pair (I won`t, have had 2 of them and they were same sounding). For example I know a guy who ordered 3 pairs but one out of them sounded littlebit better and more bassy. I guess it`s all about source gear matching and personal subjective opinions + cheap IEM QC issues. I also agree that best way to get an idea is to try Yourself but when You read some comparisons with other IEMs, You still get a somewhat idea what is or isn`t "improved/better" than other IEM.
Atm, my subjective opinion is that, in stock configuration, KZ ED10, despite being slightly V-shaped signature (much less than I expected from impressions) is one of the best dirt-cheap bang-for-a-buck IEM`s, shortly followed by ATE, ED9(brass) and ANV (all being with different signature/nature and not certainly one better than other)... all those latter mentioned being noticeably better than Piston V2 (legit) mostly in every SQ aspect. And if I consider some users personal preferences and source gear (been in threads for a while), then I can make pretty accurate conclusion for myself. This time I decide not to follow Zircon hype.
But this all is just my subjective opinion with my gear, music, taste, reference point, experience etc. 
If someone is interested about Zircons, then they should still try them (if they have enough information basis). But following every hype without any questions/comparison relating to Your own reference/experience can be misleading.

Sep 5, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #17,700 of 35,472

Titan is more refined with better details. Bass is less in quantity and better defined. Also has more treble. Zircon has more mid-bass which produces a warmer sound. Details are still pretty good though. I like the vocals on the Zircons. They sound clear and natural. We're talking about a $13 IEM compared to a ~$100 IEM so it really isn't fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back