Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #17,537 of 35,472
  The EP001 was actually pretty good. Well worth the $25 or so it went for. It was relatively balanced.

Got my Zircons today. These things are very much midbass boosted to the point that it almost becomes distracting. There is definite bleed/bloat/mid recession, and they don't sit well in my ears either. I ditched the stock tips and threw on M sized Spiral Dots, but these may need dual flange wide nozzle Senn tips. Need more time with them. 

and there it is. I was actually just about to order too from aliexpress. Thanks you saved me money :wink:

Aug 30, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #17,538 of 35,472
Actually, I'm pretty happy right now with the Zircons. Not going to rush to purchase anything for a while (unless of course an irresistible deal comes along
wink.gif
).

+1

Aug 30, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #17,539 of 35,472
My review of the SHOZY Lancea is up:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/shozy-lancea-mini-dac-amplifier-24bit-192khz-for-android-ios-pc-iphone

Also decided to start a thread for it if anyone is interested:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/shozy-lancea-mini-dac-amplifier-24bit-192khz-for-android-ios-pc-iphone/reviews/13879

Very nice little device 
gs1000.gif

Aug 30, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #17,540 of 35,472
Sorry to change the subject.

I just got bit by the curiosity bug again. I was jamming my Huawei Honor earphones the other day and really enjoying their impressive sound. Then I stumbled on these and bit on them. Does anyone else have a pair of these? That's a great price and it looks legit. If these are noise canceling and work as well as Bose it's a phenomenal deal. Reviews are pretty positive also. If you do have them what are your thoughts on them?

original Huawei AM180 headphone UltimoPower ANC Earphone(Active noise cancelling) Charging on Mate 7,P8,Honor 7,Honor 6 Plus
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/original-Huawei-AM180-headphone-UltimoPower-ANC-Earphone-Active-noise-cancelling-Charging-on-Mate-7-P8-Honor/32417032845.html
(from AliExpress Android)

Thanks in advance.

I'm interested in these aswell, anyone know whether it will be able to charge on other phones directly such as oneplus one?
any reviews on these? 

I've read that it has a strong bass but quite bright highs which may be a no go for me if true (I am very sensitive to highs)

Aug 30, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #17,541 of 35,472
  The EP001 was actually pretty good. Well worth the $25 or so it went for. It was relatively balanced.

Got my Zircons today. These things are very much midbass boosted to the point that it almost becomes distracting. There is definite bleed/bloat/mid recession, and they don't sit well in my ears either. I ditched the stock tips and threw on M sized Spiral Dots, but these may need dual flange wide nozzle Senn tips. Need more time with them. 

cool.gif
Jeez, someone on Amazon claimed they had no Bass at all. Burn 'em in. They change, seriously.  With the Zircons it's ALL about the Tips. Think of them as interchangeable nozzles instead of eartips.

That is all.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Aug 30, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #17,542 of 35,472
You'll love the duke brother twin:innocent:. I promise :blush:

cool.gif
Not for a little bit yet. My daughter starts College on the 3rd....

education is a bit spendy....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Aug 30, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #17,543 of 35,472

cool.gif
Jeez, someone on Amazon claimed they had no Bass at all. Burn 'em in. They change, seriously.  With the Zircons it's ALL about the Tips. Think of them as interchangeable nozzles instead of eartips.

That is all.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

I had some mid-bass issues on EDM tracks.  But, being somewhat of a basshead, I typically EQ up lower frequencies and add some bass boost.  When I set the EQ to flat and minimized bass boost everything really opened up and bass was still at a good level.  So I would have to agree, bass is boosted compared to other IEMs.  Not a deal breaker for me though.

Aug 30, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #17,544 of 35,472

cool.gif
Not for a little bit yet. My daughter starts College on the 3rd....

education is a bit spendy....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

You ain't kidding bro!  My son already started his sophomore year.  I could get Stax or Audeze for what we have had to pay out for books, fees, etc. even after loans and scholarships. That's life I guess...

Aug 30, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #17,545 of 35,472

I had some mid-bass issues on EDM tracks.  But, being somewhat of a basshead, I typically EQ up lower frequencies and add some bass boost.  When I set the EQ to flat and minimized bass boost everything really opened up and bass was still at a good level.  So I would have to agree, bass is boosted compared to other IEMs.  Not a deal breaker for me though.

cool.gif
Me either. In fact I would classify most of the inexpensive Chinese earphones as leaning toward the Bass- heavy side. I run my source (Fiio X1 or X3ii0, line out so there is no EQ. just flat. I use my bass boost if needed on my E12 Amp.  Needless to say with the Zircons I haven't had to use the boost.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Aug 30, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #17,546 of 35,472
Being completely clueless about the Chinese brand of headphones, have you guys found a set of headphones somewhat comparable to the Philips X2/27 Fidelio (would I be correct that they are pretty universally considered the best value for $300)? Thanks guys!

Aug 30, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #17,547 of 35,472
cool.gif
For around $300 I think I'm going to say Senn. HD600 or HD650. They are pretty much the "standard" for Full sized cans. They can be had for $300 or so with patient shopping.

There are a lot of others. depends on what kind of sound-signature you are after. If you are looking for Studio-Type Clinical Precision, the AKG K701/702/7xx are also a very good choce, as are a few Beyerdynamic models.

Lots of new stuff out there too.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Aug 30, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #17,548 of 35,472
I think he was looking for a cheaper alternative to the X2's but unfortunately I've not found any....

Aug 30, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #17,549 of 35,472
I'm finding the modded Philips shp9500 to be pretty darn good. It got the Golden Nut award :wink:.

Aug 30, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #17,550 of 35,472
Yes there's some good open headphone bargains but I've not come across some that's even remotely similar sounding like the X2's......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back