Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #17,566 of 35,472
  Don't know if these will help much for bhazard's case.  I always thought the rule of thumb for tips was narrow bore=more bass, less treble  wide bore=less bass, more treble.  The spiral dots have a very wide bore and the bass is still too much for him.  My 2 cents.  The only way to know for sure I guess is to give them a try which shouldn't be a big deal.

I guess, since they're long-bore tips; from bottom to top, that's what give it that nice flavor.
wink.gif

I love my ED10's.....it could be a toss-up between both, only for the Zircon's to beat them in soundstage.

Aug 31, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #17,567 of 35,472
  Don't know if these will help much for bhazard's case.  I always thought the rule of thumb for tips was narrow bore=more bass, less treble  wide bore=less bass, more treble.  The spiral dots have a very wide bore and the bass is still too much for him.  My 2 cents.  The only way to know for sure I guess is to give them a try which shouldn't be a big deal.

What about UE600 tips? They tame the bass and add some sparkle to the treble on all IEMs I've tried. I also agree on Spiral Dots. They increase the bass and constict the soundstage to a degree.

Aug 31, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #17,568 of 35,472
  Lots more going on then just the bore size. The material, firmness, the shape of the tips, even the length etc. can contribute. A wide bore tip that is longer and seals deeper and better can give as much or more bass than some narrow bore tips. Some wide bore tips have more bass and some narrow tips have more bass. Even my treble accenting tips are Klipsch tips which have a smaller bore than many others. Of course the YMMV applies so the general rule of thumb is probably, like you said, "you don't know till you try" 
tongue.gif

+1 ....thanks for the tip.
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 31, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #17,569 of 35,472
  Lots more going on then just the bore size. The material, firmness, the shape of the tips, even the length etc. can contribute. A wide bore tip that is longer and seals deeper and better can give as much or more bass than some narrow bore tips. Some wide bore tips have more bass and some narrow tips have more bass. Even my treble accenting tips are Klipsch tips which have a smaller bore than many others. Of course the YMMV applies so the general rule of thumb is probably, like you said, "you don't know till you try" 
tongue.gif

Ah, thanks for the clarification.  I'll have to try more tips also (even though I'm liking the spiral dots ok).

Edit: and then there is always these:

http://www.amazon.com/OSTRY-OS100-OS200-Earphone-Turning/dp/B010WMDJDK/ref=sr_1_1

Aug 31, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #17,570 of 35,472
Aug 31, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #17,571 of 35,472
Aug 31, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #17,572 of 35,472
  What tips do you recommend to remove some of the bass and increase detail? Complys removed all detail. Senn bi-flanges did better, but they still seemed off. Spiral Dots have too much bass. They just don't do well on metal compared to the Titans, which are some of the best at it. Huge price difference though so it's kind of unfair.

The Zircons just haven't surpassed the ED10 yet, but I feel like finding the right tips might change things.

bhazard, I have the ED10's we are hearing something totally different. The Ed10's are very good, they are my favorite KZ, but they aren't even close to the Zircons in soundstage or Detail especially vocals and mids. I do think they have a little softer Treble than the ED10's

I went back to the tips they were shipped with as the Auvios made them REALLY Bass Heavy. You could try those Blue Turbines that are shipped with a lot of KZ's they are very shallow and trebly might lessen the Bass.

JMHO.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #17,573 of 35,472

cool.gif
Yes, I always thought there was a rule of thumb for bore sizes as well. I found out it doesn't always work that way even on similar sized nozzles.

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #17,574 of 35,472
  bhazard, I have the ED10's we are hearing something totally different. The Ed10's are very good, they are my favorite KZ, but they aren't even close to the Zircons in soundstage or Detail especially vocals and mids. I do think they have a little softer Treble than the ED10's

I went back to the tips they were shipped with as the Auvios made them REALLY Bass Heavy. You could try those Blue Turbines that are shipped with a lot of KZ's they are very shallow and trebly might lessen the Bass.

JMHO.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

The Zircon sound signature has hit me just right.  I'm loving them!  $13 (or $19 in my case) are you kidding me???

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #17,575 of 35,472

The Zircon sound signature has hit me just right.  I'm loving them!  $13 (or $19 in my case) are you kidding me???

cool.gif
I like them Too. They are particularly good for EDM and Trance, which I listen to a lot.

They DO border on Basshead.

Problem is if you get used to them other phones sound WEAK by comparison.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #17,576 of 35,472

cool.gif
I like them Too. They are particularly good for EDM and Trance, which I listen to a lot.

They DO border on Basshead.

Problem is if you get used to them other phones sound WEAK by comparison.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Yeah, I labeled them basshead phones a page or two back.  Check out the post if you didn't see it
biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #17,577 of 35,472

Yeah, I labeled them basshead phones a page or two back.  Check out the post if you didn't see it
biggrin.gif

cool.gif
I didn't miss it. I would actually call them borderline. the Bass can be controlled by tip selection. I started with the Auvios, Clearhead started with the stock tips. After 200 Hours burn in I found the Bass with the Auvios had become almost overwhelming, so I switched back to stock, it reduced the bass enough so it's quite pleasant. Clearhead has now changed to Auvios and really likes them.

Bet he switches back when they are fully broken in.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Aug 31, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #17,578 of 35,472

cool.gif
I didn't miss it. I would actually call them borderline. the Bass can be controlled by tip selection. I started with the Auvios, Clearhead started with the stock tips. After 200 Hours burn in I found the Bass with the Auvios had become almost overwhelming, so I switched back to stock, it reduced the bass enough so it's quite pleasant. Clearhead has now changed to Auvios and really likes them.

Bet he switches back when they are fully broken in.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Come on! You guys are playing with my head.
blink.gif

Alright, I'll try for 200 hours while listening to them at work, gym and traveling back home everyday. They're going to be burning right in my head. I'm going to be tip-rolling with them.

Aug 31, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #17,580 of 35,472
Has anyone done a direct comparison between the 8mm Bette and the 10mm Bette? 

Is one of them considered significantly better than the other? 

Would love to try one, just not sure which one to go with. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back