Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 28, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #17,491 of 35,472

I did a full review of them here:  http://www.head-fi.org/products/ivery-cannon-iv-8/reviews/13789

While I am not one to start a hype train, I thought they were very good for less than $20.

Cool, I knew somebody mentioned them but missed the actual review. They are another one with a good cool factor if a bit Monster M.D. Trumpet looking. Thanks for the link!
beerchug.gif

Aug 28, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #17,492 of 35,472
  Been swapping back and forth between the Zircons and Titan 1s.  Titan 1s are sounding a little "lifeless" in comparison.

cool.gif
I ran into that same thing between the VJJB V1 and the KZ ATE. Similar EQs, and sonic presentations, but the ATE's sounded DULL by comparison when I directly compared them.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Aug 28, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #17,493 of 35,472
I would love to see them try. I brought the ED10, Titan 1, FR202, and FXH30 with me today to have a variety of signatures available. My ears pine for the 30s whenever I toss in anything else. Can't see them being overshadowed anytime soon and certainly not by a hyper-budget iem.

I'm also not a fan of mid-bassy iems, and from the descriptions posted they don't sound like they would be my cup of tea.

cool.gif
You are absolutely correct Scrambler. Not everyone has the same tastes. These may not float your boat, but they do what I like SQ-Wise.

For a hyper- budget IEM they are pretty damn good. In fact..... ridiculously good. They would still be good with a +$100 price tag and beyond.

I've ordered 2 more Pair as well. A backup and a Set for my Mrs.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Aug 28, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #17,494 of 35,472

True, true! I felt they tuned the life out of them. Why I, and kjk1281, like my Elation over the Titan 1 even if it wasn't better except in a couple areas. FXT200, though I tweaked mine, slams the Titan in being cohesive, integrated so much better and has more detail across the spectrum and while tighter and quicker maintains all the life and emotion in all things like piano, guitars, vocals. JVC is more real, lifelike, and has more life and soul.

Did I push you over the edge into FXH-ville???
normal_smile%20.gif

Close, very close...

Aug 28, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #17,495 of 35,472
  I don't believe the Zircon's are just mid-bass focused IEM's, they can handle sub-bass just as well and with ease! That's why they portray such a big soundstage. Details are not the greatest, but they sound very natural and open.....thanks to there soundstage advantage!

cool.gif
Clearhead any lack of detail you are experiencing are due to Your Eartip selection, just as is the Overall EQ. The Zircons are the most Tip Dependent IEM I have ever run across. Second only to the Senn IE 8, which were total Bastards to find the best tips for, it took months and $$$.  That's where I found out about Auvio and JVC widebores, from the Senn IE8 Thread which is HUGE....

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Aug 28, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #17,496 of 35,472

cool.gif
Clearhead any lack of detail you are experiencing are due to Your Eartip selection, just as is the Overall EQ. The Zircons are the most Tip Dependent IEM I have ever run across. Second only to the Senn IE 8, which were total Bastards to find the best tips for, it took months and $$$.  That's where I found out about Auvio and JVC widebores, from the Senn IE8 Thread which is HUGE....

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

I'm using JVC spiral dots and I think the details are very good.

Aug 28, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #17,497 of 35,472
Someone needs to do a sub-$100 JVC shootout - Elation vs FXH30 vs FXT90.  I think the Scramblah might get bent out of shape though if the FXH30 didn't come out on top...
tongue.gif

Aug 28, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #17,499 of 35,472
  Someone needs to do a sub-$100 JVC shootout - Elation vs FXH30 vs FXT90.  I think the Scramblah might get bent out of shape though if the FXH30 didn't come out on top...
tongue.gif

The would make for an interesting comparo since they all offer up different signatures. The FT90 would be outclassed though. Why would I get bent out of shape? They're all JVCs! Win! 
biggrin.gif

Something for the JVC fans. Please excuse the crappy lighting.

Aug 28, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #17,500 of 35,472
cool.gif
Here's a Link for the Zircons. Seller is inexpensive, reliable and these are the GENUINE article. So far I've ordered 3 through this seller. Specify which color you want in the message box at checkout/order or Lin will message you about which color do you prefer?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rock-Luxury-Zircon-stereo-earphone-Headset-In-Ear-handsfree-Headphones-3-5mm-Earbuds-for-iPhone-Samsung/32371508014.html

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Aug 28, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #17,501 of 35,472

cool.gif
Here's a Link for the Zircons. Seller is inexpensive, reliable and these are the GENUINE article. So far I've ordered 3 through this seller. Specify which color you want in the message box at checkout/order or Lin will message you about which color do you prefer?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rock-Luxury-Zircon-stereo-earphone-Headset-In-Ear-handsfree-Headphones-3-5mm-Earbuds-for-iPhone-Samsung/32371508014.html

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

okay now i am really intrigued about it. whats the cheapest place to get it in north america and get it shipped to canada? If you have any back up or extra pairs, mind selling me one for a good price? :p

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #17,503 of 35,472

cool.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

By all means, they are never lacking.

When I mentioned "not the greatest in details", I meant to say not over-the-top like others might expect or want out of them.

I like them perfectly just the way they are.....very natural, open and life-like midrange and treble. 

You gotta' love their BIG soundstage! Cheers! 
beerchug.gif

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #17,504 of 35,472
Took a look at reviews of that Rock Zircon from Taobao, never see any surprised review. I really wonder why it got hyped at here. 
Anyway, will get it maybe a couple weeks later. Then everything is clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back