Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #16,968 of 35,472
Have any of you tried these from aliexpress? If yes, could you please briefly describe how they sound?http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32380550286.html

Aug 4, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #16,969 of 35,472
http://www.ibuygou.com/p-1-more-the-voice-china-headphone-6907.html

Anyone tried them?  never seen them before, probably xiaomi made 

Aug 4, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #16,970 of 35,472
EyuiOL-8ff.jpg
Akwpa-Skj2.jpg
The E80's are not the best for EDM but very good for pop and rock.

Its strength is subbass (more than the other two), soundstage, separation etc. I'd actually rate them higher than both the others but they dont have much mid-bass and because of that are not the best (but still good) for EDM.

You got my vote on this one!

Aug 5, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #16,971 of 35,472
I picked up my Earmax  ER610 this morning and hated them, so I thought what the hell and connected them to my pc and played 2 burn in tracks simultaneously at extreme loudness for about 5 hours and when I came back they sounded a little better. I then found my spare Klipsch X10 tips and tried them out, they fitted perfectly and they made a huge difference especially the large double flange tips, the tips that came with the Earmax really don't do them any favours. I've listened to some jazz - Miles Davis, some blues - T Bone Walker and a bit of classic rock - Dire Straits and they are now good enough to be my cheap pair of IEMs that I use while walking the dogs.
I have them plugged into my Fiio X3 with the bass turned up a little and while they might not win any awards I am reasonably happy with them for the small price they cost me

Aug 5, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #16,973 of 35,472
Ok, I'm not familiar with those. The e80 needs more power than your average iem but they work ok even from my Sony z3c which has a very weak power output.

The only amp around that price that I've tried and that I feel actually is worth it is the Topping nx1. It doesn't work very well with phones though because if emi issue.....

Let me know if you'd like me to try the E80's with the nx1 and see how it sounds.
Nx1 is good, but another amp that is very similar and has less EMI is the soundmagic a10. I've seen it go for as low as 25 bucks on eBay.

Aug 5, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #16,977 of 35,472
Aug 5, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #16,979 of 35,472
Is Yinjw another DIY brand?

I'm not sure. the shell is about 1/3 bigger than IE800 and driver is biocellulose, like gr07. I believe IE800 is not biocellulose driver. 
Great frequency response, great soundstage, close to IE80 of width and depth. Great separation, very detailed, warm sound.
On their Taobao site, it claims it'll be given 200 hours burn in. I onlt listened to about 20 hours now. It already sounds great. The most obvious change after listening is the soundstage. At beginning, it's congested. Now it's pretty spacious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back