Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #16,606 of 35,472
hello all, thanks for your replies thus far..

I am looking for something that presents music in the same manner as the silver KZ ATE. As I said before, i love its balanced and engaging presentation.

I, personally, would see the ed10 as more of a sideways step, and I am looking to go forwards... (although I do not own the ed10, this is my personal opinion!)

Would something applicable in the $80 region not be a relative step up in the performance to price ratio?

As EISENbricher said, I am looking for some opinions that I could use to help my research.

Jul 9, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #16,610 of 35,472
But when it is good cable that lasts much longer and user really likes these IEM`s? Imho, worth of doing 
wink.gif

Jul 9, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #16,612 of 35,472
  hello all, thanks for your replies thus far..

I am looking for something that presents music in the same manner as the silver KZ ATE. As I said before, i love its balanced and engaging presentation.

I, personally, would see the ed10 as more of a sideways step, and I am looking to go forwards... (although I do not own the ed10, this is my personal opinion!)

Would something applicable in the $80 region not be a relative step up in the performance to price ratio?

As EISENbricher said, I am looking for some opinions that I could use to help my research.

I haven't heard the ATE yet, but from impressions I think you might try and like the Duoza. They sound similar to descriptions of ATE with maybe slightly less balance(maybe less mids, slightly more bass and mid-upper treble?). Imo they are pretty balanced and very slightly v-shaped though more leaning towards warm and smooth. Spacious, non-fatiguing, great imaging and bass. Probably my favorite iem to date. I like the Tenore and 'liked' T1E before it broke as well. ED9 w/ gold filters makes a cheaper, good beater T1E replacement; we'll see how ATE's do.
Will know more when I receive my ATE in a week or two probably.

Jul 9, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #16,613 of 35,472
  Why not change the cable?

+1.... Yes, I would recommend same.....
  Probably not worth changing  the cable. Changing the cable would cost more than buying a new one. 

There are "very budget" options under $10 for semi-finished cables where we just need to solder the drivers while the other end, 3.5mm jack portion is already completed (by sellers) and ready to use.....so that's almost ~1/4th (25%) of T1E cost.

Jul 10, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #16,615 of 35,472
  Probably not worth changing  the cable. Changing the cable would cost more than buying a new one. 

Pretty much this. I do like these IEMs, but they are super cheap and I'm not in love with them either. I always tend to break cables after a while because I just put the earbuds in my pockets. These lasted me almost a year, so that's great value.

Jul 10, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #16,616 of 35,472
  I haven't heard the ATE yet, but from impressions I think you might try and like the Duoza. They sound similar to descriptions of ATE with maybe slightly less balance(maybe less mids, slightly more bass and mid-upper treble?). Imo they are pretty balanced and very slightly v-shaped though more leaning towards warm and smooth. Spacious, non-fatiguing, great imaging and bass. Probably my favorite iem to date. I like the Tenore and 'liked' T1E before it broke as well. ED9 w/ gold filters makes a cheaper, good beater T1E replacement; we'll see how ATE's do.
Will know more when I receive my ATE in a week or two probably.

a compare and contrast between the duoza and the ATE (after you get them!) would be much appreciated!!!!

Jul 10, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #16,617 of 35,472
a compare and contrast between the duoza and the ATE (after you get them!) would be much appreciated!!!!

I have Tenores and they are more refined sounding that ATE with somewhat similar sound signature. Respectable bass and sub bass (Tenore have more sub bass), smooth highs and very mild V-shaped sound. Vocals are beautifully reproduced on both.
Duoza is better sounding that Tenore offering still similar sound sig which packing more bass punch and 3D soundstage, which I could figure out after taking opinion from Duoza +Tenore owners. Won't comment much though as I don't have Duoza for direct comparison.

Jul 10, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #16,618 of 35,472
Perhaps a new budget king of hybrids (2way)?  http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-bette-hybrid-review-by-jekostas-pg-1972/29565#post_11752625

Jul 10, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #16,619 of 35,472

+

I have Tenores and they are more refined sounding that ATE with somewhat similar sound signature. Respectable bass and sub bass (Tenore have more sub bass), smooth highs and very mild V-shaped sound. Vocals are beautifully reproduced on both.
Duoza is better sounding that Tenore offering still similar sound sig which packing more bass punch and 3D soundstage, which I could figure out after taking opinion from Duoza +Tenore owners. Won't comment much though as I don't have Duoza for direct comparison.

Can do! But what Eisen said is 'probably', from speculation, fairly accurate as well.

A short Duoza, Tenore comparison might be helpful in this or to some, so...
The Duoza has better imaging and separation than the Tenore imo. It also sounds more 3D too with a big coherent well-rounded soundstage to my ears, though I consider the Tenore a little above average as well.
The Duoza has a bit more bass impact but not a lot more, as well as slightly more quality bass; it also has a bit better treble extension/presence though remains smooth by nature up top like the Tenore.
Well recorded/presented Dubstep&EDM songs like this are a treat to listen to on the Duoza. YMMV depending if you like the genre or not...
https://m.soundcloud.com/datsik/datsik-troynado
Pianos also sounds really good on the Duoza to me. Zero Audio just has my favorite realistic, smooth&natural timbre sound to them that I dig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back