Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 6, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #16,576 of 35,472
Some time ago the Y32 by Syllable appeared on the market and intrigued people in this thread with its unique design. I decided to jump on this discovery in spite of the possible comfort issues with the design. I can state that the comfort is this IEM's only virtue. Why? - Cause this IEM has the worst isolation I have ever experienced with an IEM. In vain, I tried every kind and size of tips I have in my possession. The ambient noise was so apparent that it seemed to me like I had nothing at all blocking my ear canals. I had to turn up the volume to painful levels only to notice the music playing. Due to the isolation issues, the IEM lacks bass at all. The lack of bass gives the Y32 a false sense of air and detail but eventually only makes it sound shrill and extremely fatiguing. The bottom line is: "STAY AWAY FROM IT AT ALL COST!!!". I would have hesitated using it even if I got it for free, not mentioning the 35USD I paid for it on geekbuying. There are so many better options in this price range.

Jul 7, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #16,578 of 35,472
  These have been out for a while, and not a single English impressions of these, the Takstar Hi1200. Takstar is famous on these boards for their fullsized headphones which have offered ridiculous value for their price, the Hi2050, Pro 80, and TS-671, and so an IEM by them piqued my interest. 

$30 on Amazon Prime atm
http://www.amazon.com/Headphones-Isolating-Earphones-Professional-Monitoring/dp/B00G22NK4I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436127992&sr=8-1&keywords=takstar+hi1200&pebp=1436127991865&perid=0FH6ZPPJ22DG77C9G71Q

I have them and I hate them. Too muddy. The $10 KZ models are considerably better in clarity and sound quality.

Maybe yours is a lemon. I'm using it with a tube amp and mostly listening CDs and it sounds great (for my taste).
Prominent bass,  clear mids and highs great separation. Not muddy at all. The presentation is effortless and very engaging.
I own both Hi2050 and Pro 80 as well (which are excellent cans and great value) but Hi1200 beats them both - in my setup.
The only thing I hate - with passion - is the asymmetrical cable.
I would highly recommend this IEM (I've never tried to use it with a phone though).
I own almost all of the KZ models as well but would have hard time to confirm that they have better clarity or sound quality (for me).

Jul 7, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #16,580 of 35,472

Maybe yours is a lemon. I'm using it with a tube amp and mostly listening CDs and it sounds great (for my taste).
Prominent bass,  clear mids and highs great separation. Not muddy at all. The presentation is effortless and very engaging.
I own both Hi2050 and Pro 80 as well (which are excellent cans and great value) but Hi1200 beats them both - in my setup.
The only thing I hate - with passion - is the asymmetrical cable.
I would highly recommend this IEM (I've never tried to use it with a phone though).
I own almost all of the KZ models as well but would have hard time to confirm that they have better clarity or sound quality (for me).

I think that Takstar has QC issues when it comes to IEMs. I purchased one of their older IEM models and they were just horrible. Almost unbelievable that a company that makes some of the most popular budget classics, made IEMs that sounded like the ones I purchased. 

Jul 7, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #16,581 of 35,472
Got a review sample of these Sur S520.

I made the mistake of doing the photoshoot first before listening.
Never doing that again.  These are HORRIBLE!  So muddy, so awful sounding.

This was such a disappointment as they looked nice and had multiple removable cables.

So, here are the rest of the pictures, but please do not buy them.

Jul 7, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #16,582 of 35,472
Anybody heard of KZ A1?
Akwpa-Skj2.jpg
EyuiOL-8ff.jpg

Jul 7, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #16,585 of 35,472
Got a review sample of these Sur S520.

I made the mistake of doing the photoshoot first before listening.
Never doing that again.  These are HORRIBLE!  So muddy, so awful sounding.

This was such a disappointment as they looked nice and had multiple removable cables.

So, here are the rest of the pictures, but please do not buy them.

[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

I bought the 530. They weren't bad. Awesome as bass cannons but that's about it. The base model s808 is really good with a bit of EQ. Otherwise they are too midbassy.

Jul 7, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #16,586 of 35,472
  Asymmetrical cable is bad indeed, not a big fan myself. Is it at least possible to wear them over ear?

Yes, it's possible.

Jul 7, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #16,587 of 35,472
Jul 8, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #16,589 of 35,472
Anyone recommend an 'upgrade' to the silver KZ ATE? I love the balanced sound and engaging presentation. Looking to eventually get some HE-400i to go with my Shanling M3, but need something to keep me going in the meantime!!! (the curse of head-fi!!!).... Budget at around $80ish.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back