Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #15,572 of 35,472
No, like this : 

"By hobby, and focused, because the focus, and professional"
- KZ Acoustics xD 

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #15,575 of 35,472
Hahahaha.... you trollin right? 

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #15,576 of 35,472
Hahahaha.... you trollin right? 

Haha..wanted to give it a go at translating it...gave up...it was doing me head in..if you know what I mean

ilikeiem...your English is not bad...but that KZ description on the box is really wrong on many level

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #15,579 of 35,472
Originally Posted by EISENbricher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"By hobby, and focused, because the focus, and professional"
- KZ Acoustics xD 

The point is focus on the point
tongue.gif

Apr 2, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #15,581 of 35,472

Hmm I have no Experience with Burn-in.,

I'm already liking these. Bass is just right. ( is tight the correct word? ) and i can hear other instruments and vocals very clearly. i will have to wait bit more for my VJJB V1 to compare.

Promised to post some pictures

nice pictures, but im afraid you wont touch them anymore once you get hold of your VJJB V1
biggrin.gif
 . I've been using the V1 for a week now and to my ears , V1 is an upgrade to T1-E in terms of SQ. BTW, I also bought the piston 3 and I find nothing spectacular with them except for the build quality. Of course, YMMV.

Apr 2, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #15,582 of 35,472
My Moxpad X3 finally arrived today.  I was surprised to find them in a full retail box with a decent case included. 

I listened a bit with the triple-flanges and also found them very bass-deficient.  Switching to the largest size normal tips included with the X3 (which are closer to the Medium size tips on must IEMs), the bass was back.

The first thing I noticed is a very, very wide soundstage.  The bass performance, however, it very soft and wooly.  Perhaps some burnin will help...

Apr 3, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #15,583 of 35,472
So I'm in the search of IEMs.

I have it narrowed down to these several IEMs but would like recommendations/advice!

Budget: Under 150.
Setup: Portable. No DAC/amp.
Sound: I have a pair of DT 880 250 Ohms that I love. I definitely love bass, but wouldn't say I'm a bass head really. I listen to a lot of hip-hop/rap, electronic, indie rock.

These are the ones I've been looking into

VSonic GR07 || ~100 USD ebay
VSonic GR07BE || ~130 USD ebay
VSonic VSD5 || ~70 USD ebay + Klipsch Oval tips ~11 USD Amazon which I heard was a great combo
Hifiman RE-400 || ~80 USD amazon

I've also heard of the DUNU Titan1s? How does that compare to these 4? Out of those 4 I'm tempted to go for the VSD5 + Klipsch oval tips combo based on this post. Link page: http://www.head-fi.org/t/748594/vsonic-vsd5-impressions-appreciation-thread-vsonics-answer-to-sonys-ex1000/705

Ok, so I just got my VSD5. Immediately A/Bed the SpinFits and the Klipsch Ovals (which I havent had a chance to use yet)

They look absolutely ridiculous on them, the opening on the Ovals are basically pinhole in size. (I'll take a pic a little later)
... the sound has evolved in an amazing way. Takes the VSD5 to the next level, not joking. Turns them in a V-shaped monster with nice clarity and great dynamics. Less grainier. A lot more upfront sounding but still has a nice soundstage. Not laid-back sounding anymore for sure. Bass is a lot more present but not overly so.
Thanks for the recommendation @Airlight
The VSD5 are pulling a complete 180. TBH, they now sound very similar in tonality to the Altone200's, a little less refined and revealing though.

VSD5 + Klipsch Ovals get a high recommendation from me.

I'll quote impressions which align with mine:Quote:
  If anyone has some thin-bore Klipsch oval type tips (google Köipsch oval for pictures), I can really, really recommend them for the VSD5. I had to use a smaller size oval since the bigger one didn't allow me as much room to position the opening inside my ear, causing it to fire slightly to the side and lessening the treble a bit, but I use a smaller oval and put a wide bore tip inside it on the stem to increase the width there for a good seal.

They bring the treble down quite a bit, and as a result the midrange becomes very full, and the bass really becomes authoritative. The overall presentation moves close to the GR07 with slightly less treble to my ears.

Wow, this really puts the VSD5 in a whole new light. Watching Terminator 2 and the VSD5 is now not a crinkly treble focused IEM, but a clear, authoritative, powerful sounding thing. Bringing the midrange and bass up like this really helps show off the excellent texture and detailing there, and they still have the big sounding soundstage, only now it's full-bodied and not as focused on the air.
The timbre realism and detail really rlvals and surpasses even my Ety ER4S.

I liked the VSD5 more from a technical mindset before but found it at times a bit too fatiguing, but now I really love them.

I'm upgrading from an MEElectronics A151p because one side is dead. ~1.5 years old.

Thanks!

Apr 3, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #15,584 of 35,472

I have it narrowed down to these several IEMs but would like recommendations/advice!

Sound: I have a pair of DT 880 250 Ohms that I love. I definitely love bass, but wouldn't say I'm a bass head really. I listen to a lot of hip-hop/rap,

I certainly haven't heard everything out there, including some of the models you've listed, but I personally haven't heard anything that can hold a candle to the T-Peos Altone200 at anywhere near their price.  It's a triple driver hybrid too.  They're currently $189 from North American distributor CTC Audio (forum sponsor too).  You do get a $5 coupon for subscribing to their newsletter too.  $184 is stretching your budget a bit, but I would bet it's well worth it in this case. 

Incidentally, have DT-880 (250 ohms) as well, and I really like them.  I use them mostly as monitors because they're a bit on the lean side.  The Altones are a bit more neutral.  I don't want to call them warm, but they're warmer than the DT-800 - in fact, closer to my Sennheiser HD600. 

Apr 3, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #15,585 of 35,472

Sound: I have a pair of DT 880 250 Ohms that I love. I definitely love bass, but wouldn't say I'm a bass head really. I listen to a lot of hip-hop/rap, electronic, indie rock.

These are the ones I've been looking into

VSonic GR07 || ~100 USD ebay
VSonic GR07BE || ~130 USD ebay
VSonic VSD5 || ~70 USD ebay + Klipsch Oval tips ~11 USD Amazon which I heard was a great combo
Hifiman RE-400 || ~80 USD amazon

I've also heard of the DUNU Titan1s? How does that compare to these 4? Out of those 4 I'm tempted to go for the VSD5 + Klipsch oval tips combo based on this post. Link page: http://www.head-fi.org/t/748594/vsonic-vsd5-impressions-appreciation-thread-vsonics-answer-to-sonys-ex1000/705

I'm upgrading from an MEElectronics A151p because one side is dead. ~1.5 years old.

Thanks!

If you love bass, and with those genres in mind, I vote the Duoza. Great iems!

Titan is supposed to be great too I hear. But if you are quite treble sensitive then I wouldn't go with a vsonic or possibly the Titan as well(but more so talking about vsonic).

Aren't DT880 and A151 pretty different? Just curious :) But yeah, Duoza...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back