Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 18, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #15,346 of 35,472
What are my options other that Ostry and M6 pro? budget 60-70$ max. mostly i listen to music at night laying on bed :p so isolation is not that of a problem.

Since you mentioned the M6 PRO, I guess you're okay with non-nameless Chinese brands, so let's see what I could recall:
(note: " means same brand as IEM above it on the list)

1. Zero Audio Carbo Basso
  2. " Carbo Tenore
  3. Audio-Technica ATH-IM50 ($50)
  4. Havi B3
  5. Ostry KC06 (not the A version)
  6. LOTS of others

This next list are some of the ones I have an opinion on -- as in, I've listened to extensively:
  1. HiFiMAN RE-300h ($50)
  2. MEElectronics A151p ($50)
  3. Final Audio Design Heaven 2 ($70)
  4. Brainwavz M1 ($50)
  5. " S1 ($70)
  6. " S0 ($50)

Mar 18, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #15,348 of 35,472
  Since you mentioned the M6 PRO, I guess you're okay with non-nameless Chinese brands, so let's see what I could recall:
(note: " means same brand as IEM above it on the list)

1. Zero Audio Carbo Basso
  2. " Carbo Tenore
  3. Audio-Technica ATH-IM50 ($50)
  4. Havi B3
  5. Ostry KC06 (not the A version)
  6. LOTS of others

This next list are some of the ones I have an opinion on -- as in, I've listened to extensively:
  1. HiFiMAN RE-300h ($50)
  2. MEElectronics A151p ($50)
  3. Final Audio Design Heaven 2 ($70)
  4. Brainwavz M1 ($50)
  5. " S1 ($70)
  6. " S0 ($50)

Great list. I like it. 

Mar 18, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #15,349 of 35,472
Hello Dears, I'm wondering if someone with SoundSoul S-018 experience could answer this. I posted on that thread, which seems to be dead, so now I'm here instead. My question's about the plastic tube that's in the nozzle -- is it supposed to stay in there? I saw pictures of the earlier released S-018's with metal mesh filters on the nozzles, which mine don't have. Mine seem to have a piece of clear plastic or rubber tubing inserted and cut off at the nozzle end. When I first got them I thought they had not been completely put together. I'm not sure what the deal is with the tubing, and why there's no mesh included now on these, which otherwise are great. Any thoughts S-018 people? I can post a picture if it's of help.

Mar 18, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #15,351 of 35,472
Hello Dears, I'm wondering if someone with SoundSoul S-018 experience could answer this. I posted on that thread, which seems to be dead, so now I'm here instead. My question's about the plastic tube that's in the nozzle -- is it supposed to stay in there? I saw pictures of the earlier released S-018's with metal mesh filters on the nozzles, which mine don't have. Mine seem to have a piece of clear plastic or rubber tubing inserted and cut off at the nozzle end. When I first got them I thought they had not been completely put together. I'm not sure what the deal is with the tubing, and why there's no mesh included now on these, which otherwise are great. Any thoughts S-018 people? I can post a picture if it's of help.

Here is mine.... Is yours the same? The mesh isn't metal one. It's very fine synthetic threaded mesh that isn't even visible if you don't look too close.

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #15,352 of 35,472

Here is mine.... Is yours the same? The mesh isn't metal one. It's very fine synthetic threaded mesh that isn't even visible if you don't look too close.

Well I think you need to add "and if your eyesight's not great"..! I was taking pictures of it to post, and got a little flashlight to shine into the nozzle to show the tube. With that extra light suddenly that mesh was visible. For me, it's not visible to the naked eye. My eyes aren't terrible, either. So here's my picture, where you can see the same mesh. In both our pictures you can see the plastic or rubber tubing, like an insert in the more metallic or metal-looking plastic nozzle.

So thanks for your response. Now I know the mesh is there. And how would one clean such a fine and delicate surface? In my picture the mesh looks obvious, but in most lighting I can't see it at all, even up close. Amazing.

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #15,353 of 35,472

ouch :D Lesson learned : check all the pages before reply 
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

What are my options other that Ostry and M6 pro? budget 60-70$ max. mostly i listen to music at night laying on bed :p so isolation is not that of a problem.

To add @jant71 's VSD2/2S.......Look out for below, for their reviews/impressions that suits your taste.......

1) VSD1/1S
2) VSD3/3S (VSD1LE better with amped so > your budget),
3) SoundMagic E10
4) HiFiMAN RE-400 (now retails $79. which is +9 to your budget)
5) VSD5
6) Fidue A63

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #15,354 of 35,472
Well I think you need to add "and if your eyesight's not great"..! I was taking pictures of it to post, and got a little flashlight to shine into the nozzle to show the tube. With that extra light suddenly that mesh was visible. For me, it's not visible to the naked eye. My eyes aren't terrible, either. So here's my picture, where you can see the same mesh. In both our pictures you can see the plastic or rubber tubing, like an insert in the more metallic or metal-looking plastic nozzle.

So thanks for your response. Now I know the mesh is there. And how would one clean such a fine and delicate surface? In my picture the mesh looks obvious, but in most lighting I can't see it at all, even up close. Amazing.

Haha my eyesight is pretty good but the mesh is so fine that it's visible only when you pay attention. It has to be the finest mesh I've ever seen. Oh btw Tenores also share similar ultra fine mesh.

In case of Tenores I've seen many cases of sudden volume drop around after some months of usage. Most managed to resolve it my removing the mesh. So yeah, under certain circumstances such mesh may gather fine particles and block the sound.

To answer your earlier question about the plastic tubing, imo it's something that SoundSoul used to tune the sound as per their expectations. I still find hight on SoundSoul a little brighter than my preference, so assuming that the tubing was aimed at attenuation of high frequencies. Just my wild guess.

Mar 18, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #15,356 of 35,472
 I still find hight on SoundSoul a little brighter than my preference, so assuming that the tubing was aimed at attenuation of high frequencies. Just my wild guess.

Yeah EISEN, I find them bright and a bit harsh, but haven't burned them in yet either. Too busy with other stuff right now.

Gosh, I would NEVER call my SoundSOUL S-018 bright at all.  Maybe it is the Comply T-500 tips?  Mine are smooth except for a slight spike in the mids that really bring out the vocals.

Mar 18, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #15,359 of 35,472
Gosh, I would NEVER call my SoundSOUL S-018 bright at all.  Maybe it is the Comply T-500 tips?  Mine are smooth except for a slight spike in the mids that really bring out the vocals.

I use comply s400 on SoundSoul. I wouldn't call them too bright, just a little, mildly bright for my preference. My preference say that highs should be smooth like Tenores. So it's just a comparison, nothing much :)

S-018 are absolutely fantastic for the price I paid.

Mar 18, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #15,360 of 35,472
I use comply s400 on SoundSoul. I wouldn't call them too bright, just a little, mildly bright for my preference. My preference say that highs should be smooth like Tenores. So it's just a comparison, nothing much
smily_headphones1.gif

S-018 are absolutely fantastic for the price I paid.

they are bright with wide bore tips. can get irritating sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back