Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 3, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #14,373 of 35,472
Isn't NX1 same price with Fiio E11K?

I disagree.... There is quite some gap between nx1 and e11k.
Prices of nx1 and e6 are closer.

Furthermore apart from some issues with emi I haven't seen any cons of nx1. SQ wise it's good, doesn't color sound and doesn't cut off freq bands. Battery life is best you can get.

IMO one of the best entry level amps.

All of my experience though, is based on IEMs I own. I cannot say if NX1 is a downgrade in case of higher end IEMs.

Feb 3, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #14,374 of 35,472
  Has anyone gotten a pair of donscorpio dolphins lately? I just received a new pair to replace my 1st pair i have had for about a year, which have a blown driver. Well, they ruined them! The ear pads are enlarged to fit bigger ears, but the padding is so thin now, the inside of the headphone rests against your ear! Not to mention, they don't sound as good. Bass has disappeared with the new ones. Im seriously thinking of sending them back. What a disappointment.

Hi suzook,

I'm waiting for my DsD's to arrive, Ive no previous model to compare them to, I can take pics and "review" them though, probably on the Don scorpio thread.

The DsD's are fine to talk about here, but the topic may get avalanched by the chinese IEM love around here!

Feb 3, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #14,375 of 35,472

Has anyone gotten a pair of donscorpio dolphins lately? I just received a new pair to replace my 1st pair i have had for about a year, which have a blown driver. Well, they ruined them! The ear pads are enlarged to fit bigger ears, but the padding is so thin now, the inside of the headphone rests against your ear! Not to mention, they don't sound as good. Bass has disappeared with the new ones. Im seriously thinking of sending them back. What a disappointment.

Hi suzook,

I'm waiting for my DsD's to arrive, Ive no previous model to compare them to, I can take pics and "review" them though, probably on the Don scorpio thread.

The DsD's are fine to talk about here, but the topic may get avalanched by the chinese IEM love around here!

Exactly. Discussion here is like pissing in the wind. 

Feb 3, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #14,376 of 35,472

Wow, anything to beat it at this price (+10$ shipping)???

I consider it well worth the investment at $70. $48 is amazing

Agreed - the E11K. But I have an LG G3 and can't justify an amp. With my IEM's and headphones - Dolphin and Vmoda XS I doubt it would make a difference.

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #14,379 of 35,472
Just out of curiosity and maybe even ignorance (
rolleyes.gif
) do I really need a portable amplifier for my IEM's if I already use them with my almighty HTC One M8 that is well known for good quality and quantity when it comes to sound? Would it make a huge difference? I never had an amp  before so I'm kinda tempted to try as well, but not sure if it's worth all the messing around and $$$.

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #14,380 of 35,472
  Just out of curiosity and maybe even ignorance (
rolleyes.gif
) do I really need a portable amplifier for my IEM's if I already use them with my almighty HTC One M8 that is well known for good quality and quantity when it comes to sound? Would it make a huge difference? I never had an amp  before so I'm kinda tempted to try as well, but not sure if it's worth all the messing around and $$$.

It depends what IEMs you're using. An amp isn't a magical tool that makes everything sound better, it's just there to give power to less sensitive equipment.

Feb 3, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #14,382 of 35,472

It depends what IEMs you're using. An amp isn't a magical tool that makes everything sound better, it's just there to give power to less sensitive equipment.

Exactly and IEMs are in general less power-hungry than Fullsize headphones, which some really need an amp to shine.

That said, the FiiO e07k, which I purchased earlier was one of the best investment I ever did. My Havi sound lovely now.

Feb 3, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #14,383 of 35,472

or in some cases to add a color or to improve soundstage (C5 being a good example of that) or to drive high impedance cans.  I think the whole craze about necessity of amps started in this thread with Havi B3 Pro I :wink:

Another thing to keep in mind, you will get the most benefit of external amp synergy when driving it from Line Out of your source, so try to avoid double-amping with your HO output going into external amp, unless you really need that extra power.

Feb 3, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #14,384 of 35,472
This is off-topic, but is there a similar thread to this, but for Chinese cellphones?  I'm wondering if there are some gems in the Chinese cellphone market that punch way above price compared to LG/Motorola/Samsung/Sony/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back