Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 3, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #14,386 of 35,472
Got the a83 in the mail.

Got the NEW Meelectronics a151p 2ND GENERATION in the mail.

Got the Meelectronics M9 classic in the mail.

All awesomesauce.

Impressions and reviews to come...

Congrats hisoundfi. 
beerchug.gif
 Glad you bought the A83, as everyone loves those in-ears.

Feb 3, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #14,387 of 35,472
I knew the a83 would be amazeballs, but I'm really, REALLY impressed with the a151p 2ND GENERATION.

It's a refined tuning, with the awesome build the original had. These are an amazing tuning guys.

Reviews to come.

Don't get me wrong, the a83 is in a league of its own, but dude, for $50 you'll be hard pressed to find anything with a better combination of build and sound quality than the a151p 2ND GENERATION. Serious!

Feb 3, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #14,388 of 35,472
This is off-topic, but is there a similar thread to this, but for Chinese cellphones?  I'm wondering if there are some gems in the Chinese cellphone market that punch way above price compared to LG/Motorola/Samsung/Sony/etc.
I'm not sure about if there's a thread, but bhazard is your go to guy for that.

Feb 3, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #14,389 of 35,472
I'm not sure about if there's a thread, but @bhazard is your go to guy for that.

Most probably bhazard is the guy to ask.

I have been considering finally getting a smartphone ( frankly, I HATE it for the fact that wherever you go nawadays, people will bring these phones and have a indispensable "session" with the smartphone to check for mail, social platforms, etc FIRST - despite being at the same table for dinner after many years, for example ).

I need something capable of working with external DSD DAC ( like ifi iDSD nano or micro ) over OTG USB connection - and within a year, ton of Chinese phones on paper capable of doing it appeared. Now software capable of playing DSD natively for Android has appeared, I expect to see even more competition. 4G network is being added to the mix - at not too exhorbitant prices. Only the capacity for memory cards still tends to be a bit low for DSD requirements  - but I hope to find something usable in near future. As the audio will be handled by the external DAC, audio quality of the phone, which is usually more poor than not, does not matter too much. It is staggering to see how much did the features/quality advance in one year in say $200 or so Chinese phones ...

Feb 3, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #14,390 of 35,472
  This is off-topic, but is there a similar thread to this, but for Chinese cellphones?  I'm wondering if there are some gems in the Chinese cellphone market that punch way above price compared to LG/Motorola/Samsung/Sony/etc.

You can check Meizu MX4 pro. Meizu is said to be best cellphone company in China. I have a Meizu M6 Sl which is still working like a charm. 
cool.gif

http://www.gsmarena.com/meizu_mx4_pro-review-1196p7.php#aq

Feb 3, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #14,393 of 35,472
The problem with most China phones is that the cellular bands don't match up to the same ones in your country. If they did (like for the Oneplus One), I would choose the Chinese offering with a better price and specs over the big names.

My Vivo Xplay spent most of its time in 2G and couldn't use LTE.

How is your vivo for music listening ? Can you please share ? Because making a phone call, getting a text and hi fi music on the goo is too good to be truth

Feb 3, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #14,394 of 35,472
Some opinions/experiences: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Chinese-Android-phones-pros-and-cons-part-1-price-4G-LTE-and-clones_id49599

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Chinese-Android-phones-pros-and-cons-part-2-aftersales-service-perks-and-cameras_id51848

Whenever I go to check latest offerings, there is something new - usually in either previously available capability for less money, or more capability at the same price point. And recently, they are at least trying to steer clear of obvious clone syndrome - in some countries, not only the clone "Samsung/whatever" will be confiscated, but you will have to pay for its official destruction and will be fined for importing goods that breach intellectual properties. There are "indegenous" Chinese designs that do not breach (too much...) any of these rules - and are not direct clones of anything. And are reasonable quality offering. Buying trough say Dealextreme does inspire more confidence than trough usually cheaper "cellphones only" dealers - in case there is trouble. Dealextreme and similar sellers with enough tradition are simply too big to allow themselves to "forget" English in case of trouble with the phone.

Feb 3, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #14,396 of 35,472
I knew the a83 would be amazeballs, but I'm really, REALLY impressed with the a151p 2ND GENERATION.

It's a refined tuning, with the awesome build the original had. These are an amazing tuning guys.

Reviews to come.

Don't get me wrong, the a83 is in a league of its own, but dude, for $50 you'll be hard pressed to find anything with a better combination of build and sound quality than the a151p 2ND GENERATION. Serious!

Sounds like this thread is going to get a bump real soon. It was only $32.99 + shipping on Cyber Monday. 
basshead.gif

Feb 3, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #14,399 of 35,472
  Thanks for the input. Well, currently I'm using the TTPOD T1E and I'm loving it as is. I'll probably be grabbing the Meelec M6 PRO real soon as they seem to be yummy.

i used my T1E with a fiio e11 and thought they actually sounded worse with the e11.  i also think my Tpeos h200 sound better without the amp as well.  the e11 really makes my over ear headphones shine tho.

Feb 3, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #14,400 of 35,472
The original was released years ago and has a very smooth sound with rolled off treble and is a touch bass light.

The new version has a more dynamic sound and much better extension and resolution.

Both of them are identical in appearance, but have different packaging.

The packaging on the 2nd Generation clearly states it on the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back