Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #14,341 of 35,472

Btw, forgot to ask, did you order sMushroom from DX or Penon?  The one listed on Penon is HD version with BT4.1 and aptX codec support.  The version on DX is just a regular BT4.0 without aptX and even different in-line remote.  There will be a big difference in sound quality.

Really want impressions on the ones from penon. Im looking for a nice sounding BT in ear for the gym. Currently using my havi b3's, but they are a bit cumbersome and annoying.

Feb 2, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #14,344 of 35,472
Wow! I'm not kidding you.....as I hear the Holy Serpent V9 that came in today, they sound extremely close to the S-018. But, I will need more time with them on the burner to really determine their potential.

.....I will be enjoying these for several days before saying anymore on these.
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 2, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #14,345 of 35,472
Someone on head-fi had got one of those cheap ~$14-16 bluedio sports thingies with a tiny little box for the electronics, cut of the crappy earbuds and haxxed an IE8-cable on to it, and said it did sound good with the IE8. Seems like one could possibly hack a detachable mmcx cable from a moxpad or holy serpent and solder it to the electronics box.. 

Quote:
  I'm hoping that they're better than the QCY QY7, which were a big disappointment.

Did they sound crappy?

Hmm... I was considering trying that one. Seems to have one crappy review on head-fi and a bunch of good feedback from consumers.

Wow! I'm not kidding you.....as I hear the Holy Serpent V9 that came in today, they sound extremely close to the S-018. But, I will need more time with them on the burner to really determine their potential.

.....I will be enjoying these for several days before saying anymore on these.
tongue_smile.gif

Sounds promising.
popcorn.gif

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #14,346 of 35,472
anyone tried this portable amp? looks neat http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/hifidiy-breeze-audio-e11-class-a-portable-headphone-amplifier.html

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #14,347 of 35,472

.....I will be enjoying these for several days before saying anymore on these. :tongue_smile:

So....an S-018 with removable cable ? wwwwwooooooo

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #14,348 of 35,472
Has anyone gotten a pair of donscorpio dolphins lately? I just received a new pair to replace my 1st pair i have had for about a year, which have a blown driver. Well, they ruined them! The ear pads are enlarged to fit bigger ears, but the padding is so thin now, the inside of the headphone rests against your ear! Not to mention, they don't sound as good. Bass has disappeared with the new ones. Im seriously thinking of sending them back. What a disappointment.

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #14,349 of 35,472
  Has anyone gotten a pair of donscorpio dolphins lately? I just received a new pair to replace my 1st pair i have had for about a year, which have a blown driver. Well, they ruined them! The ear pads are enlarged to fit bigger ears, but the padding is so thin now, the inside of the headphone rests against your ear! Not to mention, they don't sound as good. Bass has disappeared with the new ones. Im seriously thinking of sending them back. What a disappointment.

Your post belongs in the Dolphins thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/719907/don-scorpio-dolphins

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #14,355 of 35,472
  can you guys pls suggest me an amp for my beyerdynamic dt 880 250ohms? i currently have a topping nx1 and am completely clueless if it will work lol

I would suggest the FiiO E12 for the DT880.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back