Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #13,937 of 35,472
Signature Acoustics has released their second IEM : the "O-16 Live", designed to shine with live recordings and vocals. Since they're an Asian (Indian) company I thought I'd share it here.

I've put up my full review after giving it a thorough listen : http://www.head-fi.org/t/751215/new-2015-signature-acoustics-o-16-live-review-setting-the-stage

I think they represent great value for the price and are pretty special in their own right 

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #13,940 of 35,472
UE TF10 tips. Must be wide bore, long core (nozzle), otherwise the soundstage suffers even more than it usually does. For instance, the Sony hybrids are not good for them. Tighter, more present bass, but at the cost of soundstage and details in the highs. So be aware of bore size.

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #13,941 of 35,472
  Blue Bird U6 is on Penon. Op amp replaceable. I have good feelings about this amp.

A new Don Scorpio apt-x bluetooth model as well.

With 15mm driver, from one of the pictures it even looks like beryllium alloy (or maybe just my imagination).  With BT4.0 + aptX it should be good.  Don Scorpio did a great job with DP-H1 wireless receiver and it wasn't even supporting aptX.  I can only imagine how much improvement it's going to be with less compression in this Shroom!  It does look rather large, not your typical wireless earbuds, but I assume it's all for a benefit of a sound quality.

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #13,942 of 35,472
With 15mm driver, from one of the pictures it even looks like beryllium alloy (or maybe just my imagination).  With BT4.0 + aptX it should be good.  Don Scorpio did a great job with DP-H1 wireless receiver and it wasn't even supporting aptX.  I can only imagine how much improvement it's going to be with less compression in this Shroom!  It does look rather large, not your typical wireless earbuds, but I assume it's all for a benefit of a sound quality.

That is one ugly IEM lol yikes!

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #13,943 of 35,472
That is one ugly IEM lol yikes!

Yeah, not much in looks department, so hoping for an excellent sound to compensate for the looks :)  Will review once I receive it.

Jan 23, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #13,944 of 35,472
  Blue Bird U6 is on Penon. Op amp replaceable. I have good feelings about this amp.

It is a very good portable amplifier, but not so much for IEMs, because its gain switch... is not a gain switch. On its low position, it's a soundfield expander, and not the best I've ever heard. It pretty screw* up the sound with a fair amount of reverb and a downright ugly phase-shifting. (Same thing for the Blue Bird U5, by the way, but this time for the so-called "bass boost" switch: again an SF expander on the "OFF" mark...)
But even so I love this U6. With an LME49860 (and on "high gain"), it has a very clean and powerful sound, with just a hint of warmness and only the slightest channel imbalance at very low volume.
$56,99 on Aliexpress and the seller, Tony Z, is a cool guy.

Jan 23, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #13,945 of 35,472
  It is a very good portable amplifier, but not so much for IEMs, because its gain switch... is not a gain switch. On its low position, it's a soundfield expander, and not the best I've ever heard. It pretty screw* up the sound with a fair amount of reverb and a downright ugly phase-shifting. (Same thing for the Blue Bird U5, by the way, but this time for the so-called "bass boost" switch: again an SF expander on the "OFF" mark...)
But even so I love this U6. With an LME49860 (and on "high gain"), it has a very clean and powerful sound, with just a hint of warmness and only the slightest channel imbalance at very low volume.
$56,99 on Aliexpress and the seller, Tony Z, is a cool guy.

Glad to hear some feedback on this!  Penon stocked it at my request, but I got tired of waiting for them and ordered from Tony Z myself.  Unfortunately, it still hasn't left China yet. 

Too bad about the silly field expander.  A low gain setting would have been useful. 

My idea was to try it with a Muses01 or Muses02, but I can't find a dealer I trust to deliver a genuine chip.  Can anyone recommend a dealer with legit New Japan Radio opamps? 

Jan 24, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #13,950 of 35,472
Also wanted a pair of electrostats and $100 isn't too big of an investment from me. 
basshead.gif

Can't wait to hear more details about it!

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back