Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #13,906 of 35,472

You and your reviews seriously are everywhere lol! The only one that I haven't been able to find yet is your Douza review. Slacker! 
mad.gif

wink.gif

Oh, the peer pressure!  Happy now? http://www.head-fi.org/t/751952/review-of-zero-audio-duoza-dual-dynamic-driver-iem 
biggrin.gif

Jan 22, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #13,907 of 35,472
  btw I am rocking my pair of KC06A again. A few days ago I thought they were trash, but now I enjoying them a lot for some strange reason. It's funny.

The treble on the KC06A is well extended and controlled without annoying spikes.

beerchug.gif

The kc06a's really are rather marvelous (and even more so for the price). Another thing I like about them is that they can be worn down or over ear equally. And when worn over ear, they are flush enough that you can lay your head down on the side, and hence they are my nightly trance rockin' sleeping iem. Beauties.

I think the lack of treble extension of my Tenore the last few weeks made me crave for some treble energy.

Agreed. If you want more treble energy out of your tenores, remove the filters (but don't!). I did that to see if it would eradicate the dreaded tts, but I won't know if it worked because they sound too harsh to me without the filters, so the experiment was a fail.

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #13,908 of 35,472
Jan 22, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #13,909 of 35,472
The 1more design "Piston" earbuds are meh. Not very good.

Just like the original Pistons 2.0, these full sized cans, and the earbuds...average at best. Thanks for trying them out.

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #13,910 of 35,472

beerchug.gif

The kc06a's really are rather marvelous (and even more so for the price). Another thing I like about them is that they can be worn down or over ear equally. And when worn over ear, they are flush enough that you can lay your head down on the side, and hence they are my nightly trance rockin' sleeping iem. Beauties.

Agreed. If you want more treble energy out of your tenores, remove the filters (but don't!). I did that to see if it would eradicate the dreaded tts, but I won't know if it worked because they sound too harsh to me without the filters, so the experiment was a fail.

A mistake of me with the KC06A was that I immediately switched the stock tips to 3rd party tips, which worked well with my other phones.
But I realize now that the stock tips are by far better sounding. I mean those without the additional filter with medium wide bore.

I imagine removing the filter will only enhance the treble of the Tenore, but will not extend it which will just create annoying piercing treble spikes. I have luck that I never had any issues with my pair of Tenore besides the thin sound in the beginning.

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #13,911 of 35,472

A mistake of me with the KC06A was that I immediately switched the stock tips to 3rd party tips, which worked well with my other phones.
But I realize now that the stock tips are by far better sounding. I mean those without the additional filter with medium wide bore.

Yup, the stock tips are really quite good. I like the kc06/a's with either the stock tips, or the UE900 or TF10 tips.

Quote:

I imagine removing the filter will only enhance the treble of the Tenore, but will not extend it which will just create annoying piercing treble spikes. I have luck that I never had any issues with my pair of Tenore besides the thin sound in the beginning.

Amazingly right you are! I just had some bad luck with my venture into tenore-land. But all will be forgiven with the douza's! :)

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #13,912 of 35,472
Jan 22, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #13,913 of 35,472

One word: awesome! Two words: awesome review!

Basically what you're saying is that they are an improved upon A71. I can't complain about that one little bit! Can't wait to get them. I have a feeling they are going to keep me satiated for quite a while.

Did I say "awesome"? Good stuff.

+1

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #13,914 of 35,472

Amazingly right you are! I just had some bad luck with my venture into tenore-land. But all will be forgiven with the douza's! :)

I hope you will have better luck with duoza's then!

I just wish they didn't made the housing so insanely huuuge, but they seem to complement my Frankenstein costume fairly well for next Halloween, so it's okay ;D

Jan 22, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #13,915 of 35,472
  I hope you will have better luck with duoza's then!

I just wish they didn't made the housing so insanely huuuge, but they seem to complement my Frankenstein costume fairly well for next Halloween, so it's okay ;D

And I AM Frankenstein, so it's okay! 

Jan 22, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #13,916 of 35,472

That's my point (of whining like a biatch lol!!!) that I do have some cool gear, but because of doing a lot of reviews I'm in a constant cycle without having time to actually enjoy it...  And btw, you are coming along quite well with review samples yourself :wink: way to go man!

Ahh, I see. So you basically spend too much time revieweing that you don't have time to stop and enjoy the music. I guess I can relate myself.

Also, thanks, man! You're a really great reviewer, and I love reading your stuff. 
beerchug.gif

Jan 23, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #13,917 of 35,472
Jan 23, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #13,918 of 35,472

But it leaves me hanging... Who's Astell, and who's Kern???

LOL...   I tried to search on the website but couldn't find any background info. I guess Astell & Kern are just Western names that sound grand to enable iRiver to sell their expensive players without being scoffed at.

Jan 23, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #13,920 of 35,472
how abt noontec zoro/hd?......its an on the ear btw.

aren't these like "beats" clones flimsy and plastic :) no thank you but thanks for the suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back