Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #13,952 of 35,472
Glad to hear some feedback on this!  Penon stocked it at my request, but I got tired of waiting for them and ordered from Tony Z myself.  Unfortunately, it still hasn't left China yet. 

Too bad about the silly field expander.  A low gain setting would have been useful. 

My idea was to try it with a Muses01 or Muses02, but I can't find a dealer I trust to deliver a genuine chip.  Can anyone recommend a dealer with legit New Japan Radio opamps? 

Mine arrived yesterday, first impression was very positive on high gain while low gain sounded hollow and distorted. Unfortunately something happened when I put it on charge and now it doesn't work. Already got a response from the seller (Tony Z) but I'm busy today, will try a fix tomorrow.

Jan 24, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #13,953 of 35,472
:-o .... Electrostatic headphone for $100
wink.gif

Electrostatic amp not included. 
tongue.gif

Jan 24, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #13,955 of 35,472
Jan 24, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #13,957 of 35,472
What I thought....lol....I was like...jeez!! Some genius could really pull it off this way ? Wow....but thanks for your clarification

Stax has made them electrostat iems before, kinda.

Who knows maybe ostry is crazy enough to make an planar magnetic, electrostat, quad balanced armature, biocellulose dynamic subwoofer all in one. You never know man, all I know is if I ever see it ostry owes me for the idea 
rolleyes.gif

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jan 24, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #13,958 of 35,472

Who knows maybe ostry is crazy enough to make an planar magnetic, electrostat, quad balanced armature, biocellulose dynamic subwoofer all in one. You never know man, all I know is if I ever see it ostry owes me for the idea :rolleyes:

Those are interesting. Not exactly IEMs..more like Koss Porta Pros or Vintage Sony Walkman headphones, but close, and pretty darned snazzy. I wonder what they sound like with that tiny electrostax amp? Nice.

Jan 24, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #13,959 of 35,472

Who knows maybe ostry is crazy enough to make an planar magnetic, electrostat, quad balanced armature, biocellulose dynamic subwoofer all in one. You never know man, all I know is if I ever see it ostry owes me for the idea :rolleyes:

As long as they don't look like those wireless IEMs that twister6 bought lol :wink:

Jan 24, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #13,961 of 35,472
Those are interesting. Not exactly IEMs..more like Koss Porta Pros or Vintage Sony Walkman headphones, but close, and pretty darned snazzy. I wonder what they sound like with that tiny electrostax amp? Nice.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the band can come off. I've had these in mind for some time.
003.JPG

Jan 24, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #13,962 of 35,472
As long as they don't look like those wireless IEMs that twister6 bought lol :wink:

The beauty is in the ears of the beholder :p

Besides, I do my testing and reviews so you wouldn't waste your money :wink:

Jan 24, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #13,964 of 35,472
My Blue Bird U6 with MUSES02 came in today. Charging now.

It has a nice anodized aluminum look to it. Will see how it sounds later.

Charge carefully :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back