Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #11,236 of 35,472
http://m.globalsources.com/gsol/I/Wired-earphone/p/sm/1105445038.htm

http://www.easynextidea.info/product/Soundsoul-S-018-Inear-Earphone-black

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00DDUWRH8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1416691263&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40

^^^ Canada.

Hope that helps?

Nov 22, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #11,237 of 35,472

Btw, just got RE300h.  Right out of the mail box, sitting outside in a freezing 33degF with a wind chill bringing it down another 15-20 degrees, BUT I got these tiny buggers in my ears and they are keeping me "warm" with their nice smooth sound signature :wink:  Of course will have to burn them in, but so far I can hear a great low end extension down to a rumbling sub-bass, a rather polite mid-bass (not as fast/aggressive), very tiny bleed into lower mids and absolutely NO bloat, nice smooth upper mids with a lot of clarity.  Mids are a bit forward, not too bright which takes away some details, but still amazing clarity.  Treble is not as extended, a bit rolled of, but goes really good complimenting clarity of upper mids.  Soundstage is fantastic in both both width and depth, not Havi's level but a tiny bit below it.  Fit is very good.  Using UE900 eartips for a more balanced sound.  For under $50 (Amazon US price) or even cheaper from HiFiMAN taobao shop, these are a great value!!!

OK, an update after 5+ hrs of burn in.  The sound is L-shaped, definitely skewed more toward bass/lower mids, still clear but a bit thick and warm/smooth.  Borderline bloated, but tolerable.  Very comfy "tiny" fitment, good isolation, above average soundstage width/depth.   If this how audiophile "h" version sounds, I would probably stay away from i/a version and it's bass bloat, but "h" is rather good if you are not craving a bright sound.

Nov 22, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #11,238 of 35,472
Lendmeurears generously sent me a pair of HZSound HZ-EP001 to review, and I'm in the burn-in/listening process now.

Liking what I'm hearing so far. Using the Pistons as a $25 benchmark, these are a bit better right out of the box. Mids are more forward. Tips can be used to modify the bass. Double Flange is my current favorite. They come with a double flange and foams (which means HZSound knows what works and what we want in tip selection)

LMUE may also be sending me the new SYUN IEMs to review. The ME-1 looks promising.

http://www.lendmeurears.com/syun/

Nov 22, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #11,239 of 35,472

You know it will be hard to hype anything above $50 in this thread?
biggrin.gif
  Will wait for your revelation buddy, don't know what it is but I'm sure it will be good!

Anything above $50 that deserves hype will absolutely catch on. Even though we lean toward more budget/value oriented items, things like that DITA review absolutely belongs here.

It's our wallets that hurt some hypes, not desires :)

Nov 22, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #11,240 of 35,472

OK, an update after 5+ hrs of burn in.  The sound is L-shaped, definitely skewed more toward bass/lower mids, still clear but a bit thick and warm/smooth.  Borderline bloated, but tolerable.  Very comfy "tiny" fitment, good isolation, above average soundstage width/depth.   If this how audiophile "h" version sounds, I would probably stay away from i/a version and it's bass bloat, but "h" is rather good if you are not craving a bright sound.

Hey @twister6  I think you should rest your ears for maybe 2 days to forget Dita Answer's sound then listen to RE300h and review. You need to forget that sound lol.

Nov 22, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #11,241 of 35,472
Hey guys, 

I've currently got a pair of TTPOD-T1Es, which sound pretty great but.. 

They're picking up a lot of background noise and hiss out of my source. (Samsung Galaxy Note 3) The noise is brought out probably by the various audio mods on my phone. Other than the hiss, they make the sound too good to give up :frowning2:

The hiss is probably because of the low impedance of the T1-E, at only 12 ohms. My previous set, the American-made Steelseries Flux In-Ear, had a more acceptable amount of hiss with an impedance of 16 ohms. 

I've looked at the Ostrys so far, but I'm wondering if there are any other pairs anyone could recommend me w/ an impedance of about ~20 ohms :)

Nov 22, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #11,242 of 35,472
  Hey guys, 

I've currently got a pair of TTPOD-T1Es, which sound pretty great but.. 

They're picking up a lot of background noise and hiss out of my source. (Samsung Galaxy Note 3) The noise is brought out probably by the various audio mods on my phone. Other than the hiss, they make the sound too good to give up :frowning2:

The hiss is probably because of the low impedance of the T1-E, at only 12 ohms. My previous set, the American-made Steelseries Flux In-Ear, had a more acceptable amount of hiss with an impedance of 16 ohms. 

I've looked at the Ostrys so far, but I'm wondering if there are any other pairs anyone could recommend me w/ an impedance of about ~20 ohms :)

You can use an adapter to modify impedance. A store like the one below can make it any ohm level you want.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ETYMOTIC-ER4P-TO-ER4S-RESISTOR-ADAPTOR-3-5MM-PLUG-/290372905689

Nov 22, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #11,244 of 35,472
Anyone who ordered the AuGlamour-AG-R1, you are in for a treat

Care to elaborate more than your previous post?  Any comparisons with your current favs?

Nov 22, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #11,245 of 35,472
Nov 22, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #11,246 of 35,472

Care to elaborate more than your previous post?  Any comparisons with your current favs?

Well, I was going to elaborate on the AG-1, and it was sounding very very good, but then I noticed a difference in seals on each ear and bass impact on each side. I ran test sweeps and found out that I had rattling in the right ear bud at frequencies from 10-40hz. I have to set up a return. What a bummer!

Nov 22, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #11,247 of 35,472
Nov 22, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #11,248 of 35,472

Anything above $50 that deserves hype will absolutely catch on. Even though we lean toward more budget/value oriented items, things like that DITA review absolutely belongs here.

It's our wallets that hurt some hypes, not desires :)

Relative to the main purpose of this thread where we help others to discover "giant killers" and other great values (price/performance ratio), the $650 DITA could/will fit really well in this category.  But unfortunately their price tag will turn this more into an amusement for a lot of people who are looking for cool bargains and can't afford it.  

Listening to The Answer really put a dent in my mind, and now I'm feeling like all of my IEMs are not worthy...

Nov 22, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #11,249 of 35,472

Hey @twister6  I think you should rest your ears for maybe 2 days to forget Dita Answer's sound then listen to RE300h and review. You need to forget that sound lol.

Hey, I liked that pic of a kid with headphones :)  It had its shock value, but I guess you changed it to a more neutral avatar
biggrin.gif

Regarding RE300h, not sure it will change my mind.  Will give it more listening after taking a few hour break.  Don't have time for a few day break :)

Nov 22, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #11,250 of 35,472
Funny how its only been two weeks, but the other HZsound EP-001 impressions and reviews were posted nearly 50+ pages ago. We move quick :)

I really like these. The packaging, tips, case are all very well done. The mids are both forward (vocals) and somewhat recessed (some instrument frequencies). Treble is smooth as also noted. I can't really call it a V sig, as treble isn't enhanced.  The silicone tips bring up the bass but mess with the soundstage. Double flange lowers bass but fixes the soundstage, while the foam kill treble (like usual with most foam tips).

For $25, these are perfectly priced as a value performer. They are a bit clearer up high over the Tennmak Dulcimer which I've liked recently, but the Dulcimer has the heavier, more fun bass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back