Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #8,043 of 35,472
The only place they sell it in the US is Tenuta's Liquor in Kenosha, Wisconsin

Lmao before you posted this I already called them. I'm about a mile away from there! Too funny!

Wokei I'm picking some up in honor of you sir. What do you drink it with?

Sep 20, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #8,046 of 35,472
Lmao before you posted this I already called them. I'm about a mile away from there! Too funny!

Wokei I'm picking some up in honor of you sir. What do you drink it with?

Omw to pick some up as we speak lol

They really have it??  Make sure you turn off any pilot lights you have. 

Me would need pic to believe it with today newspaper as proof of life....Me normally take it with water or on the rocks....crazy crazy...lol

Sep 20, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #8,050 of 35,472
Superlux >>>>>>>>>>>> Takstar :evil:

I have to disagree. I've AB'ed the HD668B and Pro80s and would definitely say the everything about the Takstars are better. Comfort, feel, signature, isolation, dynamics. The only thing that the HD668B has is better staging and more treble.

The reason I went with the hi2050 was because I wanted the velour pads, and a semi open pair of cans. Based on the reviews and looking at the design, it seems like the Pro80's would be too much like my ATH-M50 to justify purchasing them.

I'm curious now if anyone owns both the ATH-M50 and pro80 to do a comparison

Can't even compare the 2. ATH-M50 has bloated bass, matelic highs and so of the worst staging I've heard. Also mids sound pretty chesty. The Pro80s sound much more natural.

Sep 20, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #8,051 of 35,472

I had the dgs100 for 2 days now (No.186) and they balance extremely well with the 'sponge tips', which came as the default tips on mine. To me, the frequency is quite balanced and the soundstage is incredibly huge! When trying them out with 'silicone tips' it tends to sound more like the Pistons, but with the mids and highs done right! Personally, I think they're more fun than the DN-1000, after comparing both. Finally, I think they are a great deal for there price ($75 China, $85 US).

.....right now I'm still waiting for the 'DIY' AKG K3003 in Piano Black. It looks beautiful in this color! It should be here by Monday. They're priced at 518.00 RMB (528.00 RMB with shipment). That's around $85 US dollars.

Check it out.....
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.0.0.dPoHm9&scm=1007.10009.1442.0&id=40697576815&pvid=ce97d076-082b-4400-8d92-f7b278df5891

How did these turn out ? Anyone else bought them and could compare them to the original ?

Sep 20, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #8,052 of 35,472
I'm interested in dasetn diy ie-800 but it seems that there are only a few people have them. Can we have a comparison between these and other famous headphones at that price?

Lebouzin, one of my fellows at french audiophile forum Tellement Nomade, bought them: seem to be a crappy piece of sh**, with veiled mids and overflowing basses...
His conclusions (translated):

DarkZenith,
I feel your French friend may have given up on the Dasetn DIY ie-800 too soon.  I would be the first to agree that these are a bit bass heavy, and with standard eartips, I feel they sound compressed both in terms of frequency and soundstage.  One thing that I found that helps these IEMs tremendously is to lengthen and narrow the nozzle (see pictures below).  This modification allows for very nice separation of the bass from the mids and enhances the treble.  There is still very good, solid bass. The soundstage widens very nicely.  These earphones open up very nicely with this modification.  The overall sound is still warm, but very nice in my opinion.  In my opinion, these sound nicer than the TTPOD 1Es...  

These IEMs (with the modified tips) pair very well with my iHiFi 770 and give the music some "power and muscle".  So before ton ami gives up on the Dasetn ie-800 completely, he/she may wish to try out this modification first.  The inner diameter of the plastic tubing I used is ~2 mm.  I have not tried any other tube sizes so far; but this set up works very well for me. 

Sep 21, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #8,054 of 35,472

How did these turn out ? Anyone else bought them and could compare them to the original ?

I was only able to see the original K3003, but not audition them. By thickness, weight, and wires (except the 1/8 jack), it looks like an exact clone. I personally like the colors on these better! Don't know if anyone else bought them.

But, they turned out extremely well!

Here are some details around 75 hours burn-in:
-Compared to the DGS100

Bass: Nice mild sub-bass rumble. Mid-bass is a little less present

Mid: Easy to listen to life-like and brilliant vocals, but a little more bold

Highs: Very detailed -never a sign of being harsh or sibilant (identical to the dgs100)
Soundstage: 3 rows back, wide soundstage signature sound

Cons: Don't bother with the "EQ metal tips". Just slip the comply tips onto the nozzle.

-The mini review was done with medium comply tips, which I personally think sounds the best on them!

Sep 21, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #8,055 of 35,472

DarkZenith,
I feel your French friend may have given up on the Dasetn DIY ie-800 too soon.  I would be the first to agree that these are a bit bass heavy, and with standard eartips, I feel they sound compressed both in terms of frequency and soundstage.  One thing that I found that helps these IEMs tremendously is to lengthen and narrow the nozzle (see pictures below).  This modification allows for very nice separation of the bass from the mids and enhances the treble.  There is still very good, solid bass. The soundstage widens very nicely.  These earphones open up very nicely with this modification.  The overall sound is still warm, but very nice in my opinion.  In my opinion, these sound nicer than the TTPOD 1Es...  

These IEMs (with the modified tips) pair very well with my iHiFi 770 and give the music some "power and muscle".  So before ton ami gives up on the Dasetn ie-800 completely, he/she may wish to try out this modification first.  The inner diameter of the plastic tubing I used is ~2 mm.  I have not tried any other tube sizes so far; but this set up works very well for me. 

Very interesting! Thanks, jdog. I'll tell him.
smile.gif

Instead of inserting this plastic tube (that you must have in the first place), why not use VSonic tips since they have already one of the narrowest nuzzles on the market?
Wait a minute... In fact, you have made a double tip with two different tips? DIY on DIY, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back