Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #6,154 of 35,472
Glad to hear!

Do you see what I'm saying now about QUALITY bass? Or @sfwalcer comment about basshead audiophile phones?

Mids have great depth and are very musical. An amplifier brings it out even more.

The only knock I could ever come up with is a little better detail in the upper mids and treble area, and they would be an end game sound for 35 bucks. Still, where the treble is tuned it is very relevant and not necessarily "lacking" or hurting the sound IMHO.

Yeah, I don't think it will be any better beyond the details I have now (after 11hrs of burn in).  It's just part of the signature, very smooth and musical when it comes to upper mids and treble (which lacks a bit in extension as well).

Btw, I will post a comparison pictures later when I'm at home, BUT the drivers in my T1E look different from the original T1x I had :)  That perhaps explains the sound difference!!!  The design is identical, down to the wire.  But in my clear model when you look facing the nozzle with both of the drivers looking at you, my original T1x was all black, while the replacement T1E has a chrome part in the middle surrounded by a little red sidewalls.  I wonder if all black is how original T1 looks.

Aug 19, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #6,156 of 35,472

Yeah, I don't think it will be any better beyond the details I have now (after 11hrs of burn in).  It's just part of the signature, very smooth and musical when it comes to upper mids and treble (which lacks a bit in extension as well).

Btw, I will post a comparison pictures later when I'm at home, BUT the drivers in my T1E look different from the original T1x I had :)  That perhaps explains the sound difference!!!  The design is identical, down to the wire.  But in my clear model when you look facing the nozzle with both of the drivers looking at you, my original T1x was all black, while the replacement T1E has a chrome part in the middle surrounded by a little red sidewalls.  I wonder if all black is how original T1 looks.

Did I say it will not get any better? Well, YMMV, but as soon as I switched to included hybrid wide bore tips - now upper mids opened up with more details, more brightness, which also lead to a wider soundstage perception and less v-shaped sound signature, more balanced now.  The sound is still very smooth, but less veiled and brighter/open due to wider bore (result of less high frequency filtering in comparison to narrow bore longer stem tips I was using initially).  Bass is still there, more detailed in my opinion and slightly tamed down to an easier listening level/quantity.  Treble doesn't extends as far, but still crisp and non-fatigue.  Wider bore tips (the largest size, hybrid ones with yellow core) work the best with my ear anatomy to provide a great sound isolation and a perfect balance of lows and highs.  I do have to note, these wider bore hybrid tips are shallower and I can feel earpieces rubbing a bit against my ears, versus longer narrow stem eartips that add a mil or two of spacing.  But the sound improvement has a greater benefit.  Again, YMMV and this setup works for me, while I read that others reported about not being able to stand those included hybrid tips :wink:

Bottom line, T1E sound is VERY eartip depended which gives you another level of sound shape control.

Aug 20, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #6,161 of 35,472

This model is appealing because of all the accessories that come with it. It has a baggy for storing the IEMs, a bunch of different tips of all shapes and sizes and two cables. The bass can be adjusted too via a screw but I find the ER99 and ER100 to sound much better and smoother than ER80 and cost less. They don't come with big accessory package as the ER80 but the sound and the build quality is real Hi-fi. The cables, though not detachable, are great and without any memory. Probably the best cables I've ever encountered on an IEM in this price range. I can say that those two are probably my all-time favorites.

Aug 20, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #6,162 of 35,472
Are there any chinese iems that have excellent isolation on the same level as the shure/westones? I'm excited about the bang for buck sound quality that i'm reading on all these chinese iems, but the disclaimer is usually that they don't have very good isolation. How true is this? Looking at the nozzle designs of a few iems like the vsonic vsd and havi, their sound nozzles do appear to be shorter, so it can't be inserted as deeply. Or am i mistaken?

Aug 20, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #6,163 of 35,472

Hehe, do you see the errors? There was an update.

I'm probably stupied but I can't see any errors. I'm still having big problems with both of my devices though 
mad.gif

Aug 20, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #6,165 of 35,472
  I had issues earlier today...everything is working fine now. Have you tried using the desktop version in the meantime?

No haven't, good suggestion. I'll give it a try later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back