Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #5,581 of 35,472
  Anyone know how the Philips Fidelio S1 compares to all the current rage budget IEMs (e.g. Ostry, Tenore, TTPOD-T1E, etc.)?  Would it be an upgrade?  Innerfidelity speaks very well of them.

Thanks.

I have the S2 which is supposed to sound like the S1.  I love the S2 and find them very close to KC06 and Tenore.  Personally, I like the Tenore more because the S2 is not as accurate tonally and highs are slightly more harsh.  Tenore is also more 3D to me.

Aug 4, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #5,582 of 35,472
Starting to regret buying the T1-E from DealExtreme 
mad.gif

Dear Giovani,
Thanks for ordering from DX.com.

We’re writing to inform you that the package R******CN from your order 1*******4 has failed to pass the airline security check as it contains lithium batteries/knives or products that contain liquid which are now under extra scrutiny in world air cargo services.

We therefore have switched it to another delivery channel to ensure the order is sent to you as soon as possible.

Here is the new package tracking number RE****SE.

We will follow the package and strive to make sure the items reach you smoothly and safely.

Your understanding and patience are highly appreciated.

Should you have any questions please feel free to contact us via Live chat or Customer Service Ticket.

Your sincerely,                          

LOL?!
WHAT?

Aug 4, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #5,583 of 35,472

As long as you have Line Out and don't need to drive high impedance power hungry headphones, it should work.  I tried it with both AP100 and X5 and it was as pleasant improvement.  Beside more details, it also widens soundstage.  Some people even step up to E12, and that's a reason why FiiO made HS6 kit to stack it up with X5, but it might be a bit of an overkill for a number of IEMs.  Heck, you can even use E06, but margin in sound improvement will go down.

hmmm, maybe I should try it. as for E06, I've had it and think that DX50 has much better amp than that. E06 while being fantastic for what it is, had some problems with bass resolution and the noise was more than what DX50 is producing on even low gain (it produces less at higher gains). I don't have any super high impedance phones, just need something that will be dead silent with high sensitivity low impedance ones...

Aug 4, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #5,584 of 35,472

hmmm, maybe I should try it. as for E06, I've had it and think that DX50 has much better amp than that. E06 while being fantastic for what it is, had some problems with bass resolution and the noise was more than what DX50 is producing on even low gain (it produces less at higher gains). I don't have any super high impedance phones, just need something that will be dead silent with high sensitivity low impedance ones...

If keeping hissing down with high sensitivity low impedance cans is your concern, just get 75ohm impedance plug from Penonaudio: http://penonaudio.com/3.5mm-Inpedance-Plug - it fixed my problem driving similar type of headphones from AP100 DAP.  It will quiet down the output so you will have to raise the volume, but at least with AP100 it paired up nicely without changing sound characteristics.  Worth a try with your DX50 too.  Btw, those are brand name DUNU impedance adapters.

Aug 4, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #5,585 of 35,472
mad.gif

Dear Giovani,

We’re writing to inform you that the package R******CN from your order 1*******4 has failed to pass the airline security check as it contains lithium batteries/knives or products that contain liquid which are now under extra scrutiny in world air cargo services.

We therefore have switched it to another delivery channel to ensure the order is sent to you as soon as possible.

We will follow the package and strive to make sure the items reach you smoothly and safely.

Should you have any questions please feel free to contact us via Live chat or Customer Service Ticket.

Your sincerely,                          

LOL?!
WHAT?

Yep, had the same a month ago with bluetooth bracelet from dx.com.  It was returned back because of the battery.  So they had to switch to another carrier to send it to me.

Aug 4, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #5,586 of 35,472
Just got my bigbargainonline package with the TTPOD Enhanced.   Black Box with clear phones.  The only place the package indicates enhanced is on a gold sticker inside the box.  Only TTPOD listed everywhere else.  The User guide however is labeled as Enhanced.
Right out of the box these are sounding good, top end lacks sparkle and some songs go over the top with base …. burn time.

Aug 4, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #5,589 of 35,472
mad.gif

Dear Giovani,

Your sincerely,                          

LOL?!
WHAT?

We all now know that the T1-E is made from battery powered knives... 
biggrin.gif

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #5,590 of 35,472
To avoid custom fees the sender was propably Darth Vader, receiver¨was L. Skywalker and the package made "swhooshhhnn" sound when shaked. "Gift" and send by "your father" is not going to cut it here mister!

EDIT: I would understand if it were some jvc carbon nanotube technology, that is some straigh up skynet grey goo fox mulder stuff written all over it, but for the time being traditional dynamic or balanced armature drivers should not be considered as dangerous.

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #5,592 of 35,472
Offtopic:
After all the humiliation on this thread for owning a netbook (
wink.gif
), I went out and bought a three month old HP x360 for just 230 euro (superb device for that price).
On the audio part:
The DAC on this thing is a special kind of garbage. All the beatsaudio branding didn't lift my expectations in the first place, but after turning all the beats "enhancements" off the sound is still awefull. While volume levels are great, the sound is congested, lacking in coherence and range, ill balanced and just plain bad. While I know Beatsaudio is just a piece of software, I was wondering if the audio comes from the Bay-trail soc or is it an extra piece of hardware that HP put on the motherboard? If it is the bay-trail soc, we're up to a treat in upcoming mobile devices.
Luckily Baycode advised me the Muse X5, can't wait till it reaches my doorstep. 

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #5,593 of 35,472
My first pair of altone200 were a dud, because the new pair has tons of beautiful bass. It's a different beast. I'm loving it.

Full bodied bass (doesn't extend as low as the t1e) but just as much power.

A v signature that has extremely clear mids and highs.

Mids are a touch dry but sound awesome. Plenty of timbre and seamless transition from the bassy driver to the balanced armature. You can't tell where one stops and the other one starts.

Treble is crisp and sharp with excellent separation. I still can't turn them up too loud without the highs piercing a hole in my brain, but the sq is so amazeballs I don't need to turn these way up.

Are they better than t1e? In detail, accuracy, transparency and speed the answer is yes.

In bass prowess, soundstage depth, and musicality, t1e is better so far. I love the warm signature of the t1e, it's definitely less fatiguing.

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #5,594 of 35,472
  The clear TTpod is the T1, not T1-E. I know because I have one.

There's a clear T1-E
http://yingjian.ttpod.com/t1e/

So the one I posted earlier (http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/5565#post_10768572) looks like your T1?  Maybe that explains the problem.

Can someone with clear T1E post a few close-up pictures from a similar angles as I did?

To clarify everyone, the T1 comes in a brown box like said; the T1-E comes in a blackish-navy kinda box that's smaller. The T1 has a color variant called Transparent White or Crystal Clear and is lighter(shade, not weight). For the T1-E they changed it to a color called Ugyen Gray; it's a hair darker than the T1, but very close. On the bottom of the black box it should say T1-Enhanced like 5 times, 1 per paragraph.

It looks like @twister6 does have the ugyen gray, but I don't understand when he says little on bass, especially compared to the B3 though you're using the narrow bore stock on those B3 that bring out the bass irrc.

I don't know about a manufacturing defect. These seem solidly built and consistent, but it could happen I guess. It might be more likely source, amperage, and tips/seal. The upper mids are a bit forward, but not THAT much. These are fairly warm and musical to me, not edgy and bright. 

Try this song Twister and check the bass against some other in ears like you VSD3S or IM50 or KC06A. If it's not as impactful/big as the others then something, whether it be one thing or another, is clearly wrong 
smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/jikay/dum-dee-dum-jikay-rework

Hope this helps for clarity to anyone!
mad.gif

Dear Giovani,

We’re writing to inform you that the package R******CN from your order 1*******4 has failed to pass the airline security check as it contains lithium batteries/knives or products that contain liquid which are now under extra scrutiny in world air cargo services.

Your sincerely,                          

LOL?!
WHAT?

Dude, that sucks... should've went with Amazon or Penon for less waiting 
wink.gif

Sorry to hear the trouble.

Quote:

We all now know that the T1-E is made from battery powered knives... 
biggrin.gif

Bahaha, that explains why their so comfy 
wink_face.gif

My first pair of altone200 were a dud, because the new pair has tons of beautiful bass. It's a different beast. I'm loving it.

Full bodied bass (doesn't extend as low as the t1e) but just as much power.

A v signature that has extremely clear mids and highs.

Mids are a touch dry but sound awesome. Plenty of timbre and seamless transition from the bassy driver to the balanced armature. You can't tell where one stops and the other one starts.

Treble is crisp and sharp with excellent separation. I still can't turn them up too loud without the highs piercing a hole in my brain, but the sq is so amazeballs I don't need to turn these way up.

Are they better than t1e? In detail, accuracy, transparency and speed the answer is yes.

In bass prowess, soundstage depth, and musicality, t1e is better so far. I love the warm signature of the t1e, it's definitely less fatiguing.

And that's why I'm not chasing them down. Lol 
biggrin.gif

Aug 4, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #5,595 of 35,472
E11k is dead quiet with resolution suitable for neutral/reference phones.  I guess if you don't require high level of details and just need a sound step up from a lo-fi or mid-fi mp3 player, NX1 would be a perfect solution!  I don't even know if 1.5x-2x price difference will warrant a double improvement in sound quality since I don't have NX1.  One thing for sure, FiiO guys don't just pick components with a better spec and find combination that works the best, they are actually very experienced in pwb layout to isolate any source of noise coupling or interference.

Do you have the original E11 to compare with the E11k?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back