Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 3, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #5,522 of 35,472
  ^
God please don't tell me those B3 Pro 1s have soft bass??? If they have the same quantity/ quality as the tenores i would be happy with that, but i can't stand soft, slow, thick bass tbh. I need that punchiness, slam, depth and some speed for the music i listen to esp. for my hip hop needs which is mostly Korean Hip Hop. haha : P

i have reservations regarding how these B3s would fit me as well, hence why i am still holding out. :  (

But i probably don't have a problem with them i hope just like the new VSonic VSD overears lineup.

I don't knows about their bass being soft. Not the same quantity as the Tenore, but I haven't used narrow bore like twister has. It's not thick, it's not slow either. It's got a very light, but nevertheless, punchy-ness to me. Speed yes. Depth yes. Slam no.

The fit should be good if the Vsonics fit ya. I have fairly small outer ears. And to be honest I just like cable down more, so that's part of it. The bi flanges won't fit me either.

They are very unique for the price just like T1-E.
  Just had a few minutes with T1E.  Definitely needs a burn in, because I got an impression from reading all the impressoins about these having a strong bass while out of the box it's a bit overwhelming with upper mids (almost mid forward, throwing off balance).  But I hope mids will settle down and bass will rise up :)  Btw, AWESOME design and I like those funky hybrid tips!

That's weird. It is big bass with the right songs, but I don't find the upper mids forward. And I am sensitive there. The Havi are more upper mid/lower treble forward in my opinion. The T1-E are a bit smoother to me.

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #5,524 of 35,472
^
God please don't tell me those B3 Pro 1s have soft bass??? If they have the same quantity/ quality as the tenores i would be happy with that, but i can't stand soft, slow, thick bass tbh. I need that punchiness, slam, depth and some speed for the music i listen to esp. for my hip hop needs which is mostly Korean Hip Hop. haha : P

Oh and just to proof that i ain't trollin' ya'll. :bigsmile_face:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/683007/the-hype-appreciation-thread/1905#post_10671076

^
Wokei achieved god_hood troll_hood right derrrr!!! :wink:

Congrats you're a BIG boi now, just made the big leagues. hoho :cool:

Aiks ...me ...me ...got mentioned by Massa Troll himself ....haha ....me not big league ..me different league haha.....me also holding out of Havi ...soft bass is a big big me no no ....:cool:

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #5,525 of 35,472
@twister6

PS those hybrid tips look cool but work for crap IMHO. Only tips in that whole stash ghat worked were the wide bore tips. Try something along the lines of the mh1 or sony hybrids. Trust me on this one, avoid those hybrid tips

+1 if you're talking about the T1-E and those cool colored ones. The white wide-bore mediums are what I use. The Sony hybrids would give me too much bass I feel, but then again I can't tell a huge difference between tips and agree with sf on their awesome sound consistency... if they are sealing properly

Never mind, probably not.

Aug 3, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #5,526 of 35,472
Originally Posted by sfwalcer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You seriously ain't gonna try VSonic upcoming VSD5s??? RIGHT!!!
wink.gif

Holding out for those meng, damn it hurry the Fff up VSonic.
mad.gif

Maybe I'm a blasphemer but I haven't really been into the vsonic sound so I didn't event get the VSD3S. Though they seem to be getting some pretty serious hype from someone in here...

Almost enough that I might even put aside my prejudices and get them, but I just spend the equivalent of like 25-30 chinese IEMs on desktop gear. Maybe next paycheck 
beyersmile.png
... If I still feel like it after a few weeks with top-notch full cans

Aug 3, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #5,527 of 35,472
Have anyone here heard the Pioneer SE-CL751? AMAZING Basshead IEMs. Just heard them at my local earphone shop. Amped to a E07K with +4 in bass and -1 in treble, it pretty much beats any other bass-emphasized earphones I've head! Bass is pretty boomy but its plenty well controlled for the insane amount of bass there is! Sounds pretty much like the vPulse/Bass Colours with MUCH stronger low end! Bass isn't that fast, but it hits HARD. Heard it for about 10 mins but I'm probably gonna get it. Def recommend for bassheads! Sold locally for 39.99USD, found it on Amazon for 49.90USD!

Aug 3, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #5,528 of 35,472
Kz ed special edition is a powerhouse iem. Bass is strong, fast, and tone is great. Mids are beautiful and powerful. Highs are crisp and detailed without being sibilant whatsoever.

Cable is awesome. Housings are built like tanks. I'm not off the t1e wagon yet, but now these kzedse are giving them a fight.

Oh Ya, they are only $13-$15 usd on aliexpress.

GET THEM

Aug 3, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #5,530 of 35,472
Second impressions for B3Pro and T1E, still no burn in.  Figured I listened for a few minutes late last night, so will take another listen with fresh ears in the morning.

T1E, using white tips with wide bore since those give the best balance between lows and highs - these still sounds mid forward.  Definitely not basshead headphones, good quality of bass, but it's not balanced with upper mids.  Could it be variation between units?  Considering low price (and super discounted dx.com pricing), everything is possible.  Could upper mids will settle down and bass will come up?  Possible too, but I don't expect drastic changes.  Could I be a bit too sensitive to highs?  Also possible, but the balance is clearly shifted toward mid-centric sound signature with my clear pair from Penonaudio.  Btw, these do look like a masterpiece!!!  I just snapped a few close up pictures for my review, and the clear housing reveals amazing design details inside of these units.

B3Pro I - I'm in love with these phones!!!  Of course, need a burn in, but using large size hybrid tips with red core bass quantity is better than T1E.  It's more balanced with the rest of the spectrum.  There is definitely mid-bass punch but it's not as fast/aggressive.  It's not "rounded" slow like VSD3S, more aggressive than that, but not the same as KC06A or IM50.  There is also a healthy amount of sub-bass which comes out whenever song calls for it, so you don't have to suffer through "booming" bleed all the time.

Next impression will be after 10-15hrs burn in.

... update: just setup X5 with T1E for burn in and I hear more bass!!!  Looks like source dependent since I was driving it directly from AP100.

Aug 3, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #5,531 of 35,472

Um, Pistons are good under $30. Philips SHE3590 have a little less bass, more balance, and are less refined/technical but great for $10-15 imo. T1-E is a great value at $36! if you can stretch it. I don't know much else below 30 or even $40; someone else will probably chime in.

Maybe the LG Quadbeat or Quadbeat 2. I dunno if they beat the pistons, but they give great value under $30. They're more of a clear, less bassy sound. Joker gave them a 10/10 value and liked the soundstage and clarity for the price. I haven't heard the Quadbeat 2 but I believe it has a little more bass. 

^
Hmmm notice you got the LG Quadbeat 2s, so would you say those are better than the piss_tons???

I still say the Sony MH1/C is better then those LGs and you can get them for only $16 shipped on ebay if you can handle that dumb cable of theirs.....

But something with less bass for around $30 it would have to be the tenores if you can get them used on the sales forums. If you can up your budget a bit and don't want to wait, the TTPOD T1E is a great option. Much better than the piss_tons in terms of dynamics and clarity, with a faster punchier bass, lusher more forward minds and better treble extension. It's not warm, thick/ slow like the piss_tons though if that's what you prefer cuz their sound is more energetic and lively similar to the LG QB2 but more refined. These TTPOD T1E bests those LG fo' sho for me. :  )

Thanks guys!

@sfwalcer: I haven't heart the Pistons yet, they just seem to be the most ubiquitously recommended phone in this price range. I like the QB2 quit a lot with the right tips but they aren't in the best condition at this point which is party why I'm looking for a new 'beater' IEM. I'm not a fan of the QB2's flat cable and I heard that the Sony has a much worse one, so that's out. The biggest problem with the QB2's sound is that they can get pretty muddy with busier music. Are the others faster? Also where to get the TTPOD? On Penon they are way more expensive.

@Ap616: I've heard the Philips and I'm not a huge fan. It's great for the price and easily available but I recall them being way behind in sound compared to the QB2, sadly.

Aug 3, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #5,532 of 35,472
Ah, I didn't know you had the QB2. I was more talking about the first version, but I'm not sure how different they are and they still have the flat cable you don't like. The only other things I've heard in that price range are the VSD1 and 1S which sound great, but they're more like 40 and some people have had durability issues. 

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #5,533 of 35,472
The original QB are really bass light and I definitely prefer the QB2 over them.

I would recommend the vsd3(s) over the vsd1(s) since they're similar priced and an overall upgrade.

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #5,534 of 35,472
Kz ed special edition is a powerhouse iem. Bass is strong, fast, and tone is great. Mids are beautiful and powerful. Highs are crisp and detailed without being sibilant whatsoever.

Cable is awesome. Housings are built like tanks. I'm not off the t1e wagon yet, but now these kzedse are giving them a fight.

Oh Ya, they are only $13-$15 usd on aliexpress.

GET THEM

Which seller did you get them from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back