Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #5,147 of 35,472
So after reading the XE800 review, i tried to find them on aliexpress, unfortunatly I couldn`t find any of them.

But I find this other ( http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-BBK-vivo-MMX71iE-Hi-Fi-Earphone-For-Xplay-X510w-X1-X1S-Smart-Phone-iphone-5S/1475561209.html ), super cheap, and has beyerdynamic on the box 
eek.gif

I`ve asked the seller, and he told me it`s original and comes with the original box, I guess it`s the DTX 72 or the DTX 71 ( I bet it`s the DTX71 because of the name, MMX71iE ), anyway, amazing price.
The DTX71 have a 7.2 in sound and 8.5 in price from ljokerl`s review, but DTX71 orignally costs U$69...

Bought it 

Jul 26, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #5,148 of 35,472
I hope you got a pair of those penon iem with that purchase:grin:

Already posted my Penon IEM mini-review about 2 weeks ago: http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/4485#post_10701274 no need to get a second pair :wink:

Btw, these Penon IEMs will benefit greatly from 100hrs burn-in.  The sound signature still remains v-shaped but bass is tighter now, with a better control, even faster attack, and more confined within low frequency space in comparison to my early impression where I thought it was spilling into mids.  Soundstage still remains fantastic in both width and depth.  For $10 it's a no brainer bargain!

Jul 26, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #5,149 of 35,472
I'm not spamming, but just for those who focus on this thread and might miss my mini-review of Brainwavz earphone case I just posted in ATH thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/705687/review-of-audio-technica-ath-im01-ath-im02-ath-im03-ath-im04-ath-im50-ath-im70/825#post_10745693

We talk a lot about headphones, but a lot of these budget IEMs come with no case or useless drawstring pouch.  I think a good case to protect your headphones, no matter how much you paid for these, is very important.  So, check out that little mini review.

Jul 26, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #5,150 of 35,472
I'm not spamming, but just for those who focus on this thread and might miss my mini-review of Brainwavz earphone case I just posted in ATH thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/705687/review-of-audio-technica-ath-im01-ath-im02-ath-im03-ath-im04-ath-im50-ath-im70/825#post_10745693

We talk a lot about headphones, but a lot of these budget IEMs come with no case or useless drawstring pouch.  I think a good case to protect your headphones, no matter how much you paid for these, is very important.  So, check out that little mini review.

+ True dat

Jul 27, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #5,151 of 35,472
My ttpod t1e have arrived, and yes it sound good even it haven't burned yet, really really good for this price, and its my character, not too far from rha 750 (I will compared it later)
Let's see in the next 50 hours.. 

Jul 27, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #5,152 of 35,472
  My ttpod t1e have arrived, and yes it sound good even it haven't burned yet, really really good for this price, and its my character, not too far from rha 750 (I will compared it later)
Let's see in the next 50 hours.. 

^
All hell is gonna break loose next week when i got my classic ttpod t1 and t1e in next week. hoho
evil_smiley.gif

C'mon lamo USPS hurry up!!! They already landed on SF but it's taking what seems like forever to get delivered!!! GRRR!!!
mad.gif

Jul 27, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #5,156 of 35,472
I'm wanting to jump on the IEM bandwagon and would appreciate some advice.

The only iem I have is a very old Sennheiser CX 300. I bought this before I cared about how my music sounded.

Since then, I've gotten into mid-fi more and have purchased some headphones and an amp/dac:
- Samson SR850 (almost identical to Superlux 688b)
- Takstar Pro 80
- Audio Technica ATH-AD900x
- Fiio E07k

I listen to a lot of soundtracks (Gladiator, Last Samurai, etc.), classical/instrumental, R&B and pop (especially pop ballads). A little bit of rock, but mostly soft rock. No metal, dance, rap.

I like the airy and analytical sound and open soundstage of AD900x for soundtracks and classical/instrumental, but prefer the Pro 80 for pop ballads, R&B and rock.

I find the CX 300 to be quite bad with bloaty bass and lack of soundstage. So I'm wanting to ditch the CX 300 and get something better.

What can you recommend?

Ideally I'd like an 'all-in-one', veering towards 'musicality' rather than 'analytic'. Perhaps something that will be a good complement to the Penon IEM as I will be buying from Penonaudio and will be picking up the 'free gift' $9.99 IEM along with whichever China IEM I choose.

Any advice would be appreciated!

I only discovered this thread 2 days ago and have read about the last 50 pages. Am tossing up between the ones being spoken highly of here: Xioami Piston 2.0, T1E (am leaning towards this one), Havi B3 Pro (old version), VSD3S, KC06/KC06A (getting a bit over budget and will have to be significantly better for me to choose to get these). 

Budget, ideally, is between $40-60. 

Jul 27, 2014 at 2:50 AM Post #5,157 of 35,472

The only iem I have is a very old Sennheiser CX 300. I bought this before I cared about how my music sounded.

Since then, I've gotten into mid-fi mroe and have purchased some headphoens and an amp/dac:
- Takstar Pro 80
- Fiio E07k

I listen to a lot of soundtracks (Gladiator, Last Samurai, etc.), classical/instrumental, R&B and pop (especially pop ballads). A little bit of rock, but mostly soft rock. No metal, dance, rap.

I like the airy and analytical sound and open soundstage of AD900x for soundtracks and  classical/instrumental, but prefer the Pro 80 for pop ballads, R&B and rock.

I find the CX 300 to be quite bad with bloaty bass and lack of soundstage. So I'm wanting to ditch the CX 300 and get something better.

What can you recommend? Ideally I'd like an 'all-in-one', veering towards 'musicality' rather than 'analytic'. Perhaps something that will be a good complement to the Penon IEM as I will be buying from Penonaudio and will be picking up the 'free gift' $9.99 IEM along with whichever China IEM I choose.

Any advice would be recommended!

I only discovered this thread 2 days ago and have read about the last 50 pages. Am tossing up between the ones being spoken highly of here: Xioami Piston 2.0, T1E (am leaning towards this one), Havi B3 Pro (old version), VSD3S, KC06/KC06A (getting a bit over budget and will have to be significantly better for me to choose to get these). 

Budget between $40-60 in preferable.

^
Nah forget about those piss poor Piss_tons the KC06s blows them outta' the water and eats them up for lunch like so....

For $40 - $60 you will be MUCH MUCH better off with those new VSD3/S.  Will let you know how the TTPods are compared to the Ostrys/ Tenores, GR07 BEs, Sony MH1, VSD1 etc etc etc though once i get them in early next week. :  )

Jul 27, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #5,158 of 35,472

Since then, I've gotten into mid-fi more and have purchased some headphones and an amp/dac:
- Takstar Pro 80
- Fiio E07k

I like the airy and analytical sound and open soundstage of AD900x for soundtracks and classical/instrumental, but prefer the Pro 80 for pop ballads, R&B and rock.

What can you recommend?

Ideally I'd like an 'all-in-one', veering towards 'musicality' rather than 'analytic'. Perhaps something that will be a good complement to the Penon IEM as I will be buying from Penonaudio and will be picking up the 'free gift' $9.99 IEM along with whichever China IEM I choose.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Budget, ideally, is between $40-60. 

TBH your best best is probably the Havis especially since you already have an amp available. For soundtracks these things are freakin unbelievable due to the clarity/separation + soundstage. I haven't got my t1e in yet but I plan on using them as a "fun" iem while I'm doing other stuff and listening to metal probably... Any time I'm listening to anything else I always pick up the Havi over most everything else I have (even my Dunu 2k a lot of the time...)

Seriously, EVERYONE should own the Havis. I (and many oithers here) are totally in love with them 

Jul 27, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #5,160 of 35,472
TBH your best best is probably the Havis especially since you already have an amp available. For soundtracks these things are freakin unbelievable due to the clarity/separation + soundstage. I haven't got my t1e in yet but I plan on using them as a "fun" iem while I'm doing other stuff and listening to metal probably... Any time I'm listening to anything else I always pick up the Havi over most everything else I have (even my Dunu 2k a lot of the time...)

Seriously, EVERYONE should own the Havis. I (and many oithers here) are totally in love with them 

+1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back