Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #4,261 of 35,472
Tangmai F1 arrived today after playing around with some different tips I've finally settled on the Fidelio S2 tips (again, I see a trend here).

The Tangmai F1 are 6ish on Taobao but ended up 12ish after freight and fees.

I don't have the time for a full review now but the initial impressions are very good. Too much bass for my preference but not more than that I can still enjoy them. The bass is not bloated but a bit too boomy and heavy. The rest of the soundspecter actually sounds very nice and they're also very clear sounding. I definitely like them better than the KZ a1 for those of you familiar with them.

I'm sorry but that's all I got time for now.

Jul 2, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #4,262 of 35,472
  Do you also prefer XE800 over Havi?

They are compliments to each other. The Havi is the soundstage king. The XE800 has the stronger, more pleasing bass with the same level of accuracy. Both are higher quality than their prices indicate.

They sound incredible off the Xplay 3S. The Ostry KC06A is awesome for movies on it too, where the DTS-X: Headphone makes realistic surround sound. I don't know of any other movie player with DTS-X so far, but it works great. The only thing that lacks is No LTE on TMobile, and the GPS sucks, but I can live with that, for now. 

When I get time I'll do a full page review on the XE800 and Xplay 3S. For phones as an audio/movie player, and DAC wise, nothing comes close to it right now.

Jul 2, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #4,263 of 35,472
  They are compliments to each other. The Havi is the soundstage king. The XE800 has the stronger, more pleasing bass with the same level of accuracy. Both are higher quality than their prices indicate.

They sound incredible off the Xplay 3S. The Ostry KC06A is awesome for movies on it too, where the DTS-X: Headphone makes realistic surround sound. I don't know of any other movie player with DTS-X so far, but it works great. The only thing that lacks is No LTE on TMobile, and the GPS sucks, but I can live with that, for now. 

When I get time I'll do a full page review on the XE800 and Xplay 3S. For phones as an audio/movie player, and DAC wise, nothing comes close to it right now.

So you like XE800 over KC06A?

Jul 2, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #4,264 of 35,472
  So you like XE800 over KC06A?

Yep. The XE800 is more monitor like. More neutral mids, better highs, Not as strong bass wise but seemingly more accurate.

The XE800 is a Vsonic GR07BE/Classic hybrid like sound of its own. It definitely is a Vsonic IEM though, even has the "V" symbol on the tips, which are just like the VSD1S tips.

Jul 2, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #4,265 of 35,472
Please, someone could translate this comparison?

Tangmai F1 vs Piston

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.0.0.o1Cm25&id=39450683815

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-2014-new-arrival-Tangmai-metal-in-ear-headphone-with-microphone-for-mobile-phone-PC/1934977571.html

Jul 2, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #4,266 of 35,472
  Please, someone could translate this comparison?

Tangmai F1 vs Piston

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.0.0.o1Cm25&id=39450683815

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-2014-new-arrival-Tangmai-metal-in-ear-headphone-with-microphone-for-mobile-ph

Smooth body style             <Vision>         Rough edges/A little wide

Deeper bass/better treble  <Sound>         Fair bass/Fair treble

Better fit                             <Feeling>        Awkward fit

Tangle free wires               <Cables>        Easily can get tangled (on the thin side)

.....hope this helps. I had a Chinese friend help me to translate for you.

Jul 2, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #4,267 of 35,472

Tangle free wires               <Cables>        Easily can get tangled (on the thin side)

Bold words. Do they perform as advertised?
From an unknown Chinese brand, those are some pretty bold words. But hey, Chinese marketing: always saying that their products are better than others -- with "proof" to boot! I mean, did you see the FR graphs on the Pistons 2?

Also, they never mention the midrange when they talk about sound. Does that mean that they're more V-shaped?

Jul 2, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #4,268 of 35,472
From an unknown Chinese brand, those are some pretty bold words. But hey, Chinese marketing: always saying that their products are better than others -- with "proof" to boot! I mean, did you see the FR graphs on the Pistons 2?

Also, they never mention the midrange when they talk about sound. Does that mean that they're more V-shaped?

Marketing, lying? NEVER!

Jul 2, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #4,269 of 35,472

+ 1. Just translating

But seriously, it's hard to beat the pistons, especially an unknown brand pushing their efforts too far!......totally agree with you!

Jul 3, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #4,270 of 35,472
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5.w4002-6422943960.26.UlArGc&id=38101356382

Tangmai F1                                                                                 XX Mi

sleek, smooth styling                                            <Looks>  A little wide
Deep Bass but do not skimp on mid and treble <sound>  good mids and highs but not enough bass
Ergonomically designed for better fit                    <Feel>  Wide design causes awkward fit.
Imported flat wires, tangle free                           <Cables>  classical type wires, easy to get tangled

Jul 3, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #4,271 of 35,472
Tangmai F1 arrived today after playing around with some different tips I've finally settled on the Fidelio S2 tips (again, I see a trend here).

The Tangmai F1 are 6ish on Taobao but ended up 12ish after freight and fees.

I don't have the time for a full review now but the initial impressions are very good. Too much bass for my preference but not more than that I can still enjoy them. The bass is not bloated but a bit too boomy and heavy. The rest of the soundspecter actually sounds very nice and they're also very clear sounding. I definitely like them better than the KZ a1 for those of you familiar with them.

I'm sorry but that's all I got time for now.

tell ya F1 has more bass =) i can feel that bass impact more than pistons

Jul 3, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #4,274 of 35,472
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back