Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #3,901 of 35,472
  I'm sure all the information is in this thread but since I'm lazy and busy I'll ask anyway. I'f I were to buy affordable iem's what should I get? I don't need iem's but I've been thinking about getting a pair anyway. I have my mind set on a certain high end iem's but before that I would like to get an affordable pair as reference before I go all in. Pistons, ostry? What else is there? I have my preferences with soundsignature but those are irrelevant now. I just want something that best shows the potential on inexpensive iem. I've heard my share of good headphones but I've never owned good iem's.

What kind of music do you listen to? What part of the frequencyrange do you like the most? (sub bass? high bass/low mids? high mids/low treble? high treble?) Are you looking for something musical or articulate?

Answering these will give us a better idea of what to suggest.

If I could have only one headphone I would prefer quite laid back sound. Slightly bassy, lush mids but some treble presence is also needed. Big soundstage is a huge plus. My main headphones dx1000 and sa-5000 are complete opposites but I enjoy both. I'm just looking for good iem's be those bass, mids or highs oriented... I won't be using these cheap iems much I just want to try out some good affordable iems just to get some perspective how those compare to fullsize headphones.

Jun 19, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #3,902 of 35,472
As my main headphones I prefer quite laid back sound. Slightly bassy, lush mids but some treble presence is also needed. My main headphones dx1000 and sa-5000 are complete opposites but I enjoy both. I'm just looking for good iem's be those bass, mids or highs oriented... I won't be using these cheap iems much I just want to try out some good affordable iems just to get some perspective how those compare to fullsize headphones.
It sounds like the kc06a would work.

If you plan on using an amp the havi b3 pro would be good.

If isolation is important, then the Carbo tenore would be good also.

Pistons have a v signature but they are fantastic.

I haven't heard the vsd3 or vsd3s from vsonic, but what I've read they sound like they might be the best thing for you to try out.

Jun 19, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #3,903 of 35,472
Thanks for the suggestions. Isolation is important if I stumble upon a pair of iems I like more than Martin Logan Mikros 90. Then those would get actual headtime and I would be using them with my phone with no amp. None of the iem's will have a place in my home setup but I would also like to try out some high impedance iems because my desktop amp has high output impedance. Any affordable high impedance iems around?

I have a lot of headphones but only three get more headtime. I have dx1000 when mediocre sound leakage is allowed, SA5000 when I'm by myself and sound leakage is not a problem and Mikros when I need absolute isolation/portability. I doub't there is an affordable iem that could dethrone dx1000 or sa5000 but if I find a pair to replace Mikros it would be awesome. I'm in no hurry so I could try out plenty of cheap iems over time, just to get more familiar with the world of iems. I plan on upgrading my portable setup and then getting myst nail at some point but before that I just wan't to gather experience with iems so I can truly appreciate the mysts when I finally get those :)

Jun 19, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #3,905 of 35,472
Based on your last post, I think your best bet is the havi b3 pro I, and I'm confident several people would agree.

If you're just getting into iems, I'm fairly confident you don't have extra tips laying around. Check out comply foam tips, and some after market single and double flange silicone tips if the b3 doesn't have anything that creates a good seal. The key to getting the most out of your iems is getting the right tip for your ear shape. Minor variances in how a tip sits in your ear can impact the sound of your iems significantly. Many of my iems have tips that didn't come in the same package as the IEM I'm using.

Good luck

Jun 19, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #3,907 of 35,472
KC06A are the opposite of laid-back and have pretty poor isolation. Probably not the best choice based on your preferences. Beocord

Jun 19, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #3,909 of 35,472
The fitting really kill it for me, other than that I'll take it over SE215 if I have to choose between the two.

That cheap memory wire completely ruins the purpose of over the ear iems for me. I'm going to try some ear guides over the memory wire when I get home this afternoon. The angle of the hozzle on them isn't very well placed either.

I had to take the memory wire completely off of my moxpad x3 in order to be able to wear it and keep a seal. After removing it, it fits great.

The Sony h3 is the only memory wire I've tried that actually improves the fit rather than ruining it. I think because of higher quality and more forgiving materials.

This & This :beerchug:

The memory wire is what made me sell my IM70.

Jun 19, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #3,911 of 35,472
What is the cheapest earphone similar to the moxpad x3 (to wear over the ear)? That's the only type of IEM that I can run with.

Also, is there an affordable replacement cable for the x3?

You could try this ..though the cable is not detachable

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Cogoo-t02-in-ear-earphones-sports-earphones-sound-insulation-earplugs-mobile-phone-mp3-earphones-free-shipping/615477_674977621.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back